Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I mixed up some solo flavors last night of the new extracts that I got. I’m noticing some similarities between this company and flavorah. I’m wondering if they are getting they’re flavors from the same source.

I’ve noticed that baked bread RF and Irish Cream flavorah have a same flavor in them. I mixed baked bread up at 2% and when I tried flv Irish Cream I had mixed up at 0.5%. Both are really good flavors. I can see baked bread being used as an AP type flavor. Although I kind of get a burnt popcorn flavor from it at 2% shake and vape, I can definitely see some potential with this flavor.

Pink candy RF is a really good sweet and kind of tart flavor! I’m really enjoying this one. Next time I will probably try it at 3% but for now at 2% shake and vape it’s a good strawberry candy flavor.

Butterscotch pudding is probably my favorite. Next time I will mix it up at 3% but for now we will see how it steeps. I really like the butterscotch flavor that I am getting from it. It’s kind of buttery and I really like the pudding mouthfeel that I get from it.

Vanilla custard at 2% shake and vape totally reminds me of brie cheese flv with a hint of vanilla.

5 Likes

please send me the ones you dont like

6 Likes

Don’t forget to share them w/ me :wink:

4 Likes

I got some more extracts and have been looking forward to mixing w/ them ! I got

Oatmeal Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Yumberry
Blueberry
Vanilla Custard
Cream Soda
Honeydew Melon

My other batches from the first set I bought are still steeping erhh can’t wait to add to this discussion when I have more experience w/ testing and tasting these lil gems !

Oh and on this shippment I bought from RF’s directly and there was only 1 that leaked it wasn’t major but it is still happening.

7 Likes

FYI @Walt_RealFlavors

None of the 24 flavors I ordered for Black Friday leaked and they were all on their side in the box. Might be a good idea to get your pick and pack guys to try and ship them standing upright if/when possible.

3 Likes

Same with my last order… only 1 minor leak.

5 Likes

Also here, but nothing like it was when it happened before.

1 Like

I’m experiencing some severe flavor fade in some of my early mixes. Some has reached the 1 month mark and they’re not as good as my early test. I’m looking into this further and I’ll report back with which flavors are fading. Looks like some of these has a short vape life.

If anyone else is experiencing this please post your thoughts.

5 Likes

Yumberry definately faded on me but only mixed at 1.5%. Not very impressed with rice krispy after one month steep it was mixed at 2%. Recent mixes i have increased to the 2.5-3% range. Thinking these flavors are not all over the map like most brands and that 2.5-3% or maybe more is required.

4 Likes

I know of at least three that have had that problem with the Brownie Batter , it seems to have a sweet spot of 1-4 weeks and goes downhill afterwards.

4 Likes

The Strawberry, Graham Cracker and Caramel are much weaker than where they started. I have a new mix with Caramel in it and it’s much stronger than the early mix. The SB Shake I posted is very bland compared to where it started.

Edit… Add the Peanut Butter to this list.

They also seem to bring down other flavors in the mix too.

5 Likes

This was my instinct too that they were also toning or muting other flavors. Perhaps Walt is using PDO in them? This is my guess. Considering many Flavor ah flavors boost mixes at even .5% and the highest i need with them is say 3.5% at 18-21 US$ per 120ml Flavorah seems to be a better value. A Super Concentrate like SC,VZ, FE even Jungle are consistently 1% or less. These RF SC are not in the same category IMHO

4 Likes

What %s were used in mixes? Anyone tried 3% or higher?

1 Like

It’s still early and I’m hoping they aren’t all like this. The Oatmeal Cookie mixes are holding up well.

I think @Walt_RealFlavors said these are alcohol based and maybe my mixes didn’t breath properly. These will need some extensive testing to weed out the problem and the good from the bad.

I know I won’t be using these in mixes until I do SF testing for at least a month. I have about 10 new mixes I had planned on mixing… Thank God I didn’t get around to it.

My usage % has varied. I’m not set on what it takes yet. I started off @ 1-1.5% but I noticed some needs more.

4 Likes

I have tried three at 3.0% , I am vaping Funnel Cake that I mixed on 8-28-16 right now.I have a few left over from my single flavor tests.
I hate to say if it is muted or not without having a fresh batch to vape beside this one.I will say that if it is muted I can still live with it as long as it doesn’t mute other flavors if mixed.
The question you raised about maybe having PDO in them would be a definite concern if that is indeed the case.
@Walt_RealFlavors could you shed some light on this please?

4 Likes

Whats really weird is how these flavors are seeming to fade after a month but the VG based flavors tend to shine after a month. I don’t get it!

6 Likes

That is one of the issues that I have with MF Extracts as well . They tend to go up and down on a flavor ride for a couple of months.I am hoping that like MF these will settle back in after a while.
The Funnel cake I am vaping is over three months steeped and it seems good now?

3 Likes

This is what I was just thinking. For myself i can taste the VG ones right away and i use 6-8% in a mix (unless it cinammon or something strong) and they improved with time. I read the PDOs faded so this is why i guessed the SC also contain PDO

2 Likes

For me MF seems to go to sleep at about the 1-2 week mark and wake up at 3-4 weeks. They seem to get better from there… but not every MF flavor does this.

4 Likes

The one that I have had trouble with is the Vanilla.I love it but I have had it overtake a mix but then come back after a couple of months?
The Lemon seems to be good to go from the start for me but the majority I have tried reflect your findings , give them 2-4 weeks and they are fine.:slight_smile:

3 Likes