Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

English was never my thing in school. Math is what I liked. I’m writing this on a 2 inch box on my phone. It has taken me a few years of mixing to finally start writing some of my thoughts on flavors publicly. I’m not gonna let some Grammer police/punks stop me! It’s all good.

I agree a good English class could totally be beneficial for me. However, I drive a new acura mdx and live in a new home due to the job I do. I don’t see a reason for it. I paid people in school to write papers for me. I hated English! I don’t see a point in it now.

We all do this free so I didn’t think we needed to make sure we were grammatically correct when writing our thoughts. I guess I should get some friends to revise some of my flavor notes! Whatever!

8 Likes

I don’t see that they are. I think the reason everyone is excited or enthusiastic is that this is the first opportunity for many of us to get to experiment with “Super Concentrates”. They were either too exorbitant to afford for a lot of us (MF) or unavailable.

When I find ones that suck…I share that. When I give a rave review and then find after 5 weeks the flavor disappears, I go edit it to reflect that.

But this is the first company that has provided SC’s that are affordable and easily accessible for most. And offers a large variety of flavors.

So throw them in a pile of DIY enthusiasts who love to mix and experiment, and away we go. Then, why do we keep working with them? So we can feel we have “mastered” them. We love getting results and learning what works vs what doesn’t. We are hobbyists…ahem addicts.

Then add in the fact that we feel like we are working on learning these together as a team or group and bouncing ideas off each other. And knowing that we “belong” to a group of like minded individuals to experiment with. And we can all test and compare results like the little DIY lab rats we are, and ding ding ding, it’s a winner folks. Human nature at it’s finest!

At least that what I think. But maybe I’m just telling myself that as an excuse to keep having fun playing around. But, if it makes me happy, I’ll stay in my little altered reality :wink:

12 Likes

Trying the Baked Bread @ 0.75% that has steeped for 3 weeks, wouldn’t recognise it as Freshly Baked Bread in a blind test, but nonetheless it is still an interesting flavour. Reminds me of FA Joy in that it has a yeasty almost beer froth flavour finished taste, but also a grain/cereal note for me along with almost a sour milk type aftertaste to it.

One to play with in mixes for me and as some have mentioned turning it into a toast type finished flavour, maybe the way to go and I fancy trying a bit of Peanut Butter in my mix.

4 Likes

Along with what @MysticRose replied above I also think a lot of the reason is because Walt is very active here on ELR and he is willing to work on his flavors to make them better for our use.

I do not see anyone from any other big flavor company’s willing to be active here and listen to the feedback to make any of there flavors better for the purpose of vaping.

8 Likes

@juice_junkie_lover, @MysticRose,
Add me to that list of barely able to Paragraph, Punctuate or even Spell (Thank god for auto correcting spelling or you’d really have a hard time reading the shit that spills from my finger tips).

Testing Notes. 30 days in Max VG all at 3% flavor
PG blisters my lips past about 15% total in a mix.
Baked Bread (SC) Down 40% in intensity but holding there quite nicely for the last 2 weeks.
Working well in my Bacon, Avocado Sandwich WIP.
Chocolate (SC) 30 days. This one has stayed at nearly the same strength from the initial mix @3% in max VG
Looks to be the lead in my See’s Candy.
Fried Chicken (SC) down say 30% in intensity from it’s initial strength still a dead on fried chicken flavor.
Alligator, Red Beans and Corn Bread anyone ?
Lime (SC) way way down to almost gone in the sampler.
Should have been Pears in Lime Jell-O.
Wild Cherry (SC) This one knocked me down when I opened the bottle and the wife threatened to divorce me if that scent didn’t get OUT NOW! Ultra Strong at the get go it’s another that’s way down. Still present but nothing like it’s knock you down out of the bottle is.
Why did I get this one ? Ahh the cherry in the Pears
Rhubarb (SC) Now to the real winner of the bunch. I am NOT a Rhubarb fan, Never was as Granny’s Rhubarb pie was so tart your face was stuck like that for 2 days. This stuff is like Pure Magic to me. Got 3 blends going with it and they rock from the initial mix to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd week and so on.
This is a reorder for sure. Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie. WIP soon to be public as it’s not changed in 2 weeks now.

Just my newbee notes take them with a grain of salt as I’m far from experienced and most of my flavors are OOO. With the new supply of Purilum I got from MysticRose I have a wider range to test against but of the 124 flavors Capella, TFA, Purilum, LorAnn in my arsenal RF is another player, better in some not as good on some like most of the flavors I have so far.
Each has it’s distinct properties and it’s going to take TIME to become familiar with each one, let alone how they begin to interact.
I’ll go plop down in my Bean Bag now :slight_smile:

Who has the Red Bean (Duomei) and did it work? LOL @Walt_RealFlavors any plans on more Vegies I keep adding the Carrot to my cart then deleting it.
And I’ll fully go along with the presence of Walt makes this a very active thread. Where else do you have live feedback from the owner of a major player? Now when is the Next Sale or? LOL
I too resisted the Easter sale I need to know what that blasted Beaver Tail is like. Only Fear of facing the wife when the RF bill shows up kept me from pulling the trigger.

8 Likes

go check the vg thread, he said this weekend is another free flavor giveaway just pay shipping. I wasn’t planning to order anytime soon but if I can get 2 flavors shipped for 4 or 5 bucks shipping I will be ordering a few for sure

edit - here is the link - Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors - #2557 by Walt_RealFlavors

and the post below that says beaver tail is going back into the file cabinet for now, bummed I missed it but such is life

5 Likes

Thanks @Fozzy71 I watch that thread too but hadn’t seen his most recent post. I can talk the other half into the free-pay shipping deals of his no trouble LOL.

2 Likes

you always make sense , sometimes i just cant stand it lol i hear ya , but their are a lot of things being excepted or discredited , example for the longest time longer steeping even up to two months was where a juice was great now there is a two week window where we should vape the juice so longer steep out the window, fruit flavors lower steep times now much longer , flavor loss = no biggie , i get what your saying with the experimenting because im still trying to get the ones i didnt like at 2pct to be good with less or more flavor , and btw i have finally learned what people mean by cheesecake being footy or like vomit this cheesecake at 2 pct was crazy ill tasting super strong im assuming no review from me about because it was obviously a wrong percentage thing

4 Likes

par·a·graph
ˈperəˌɡraf/
noun
a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

same theme , or thought no need for a space or paragraph ,

1 Like

could someone describe what a bread pudding is ??? i tasted this last night and it was very nice with a hint of cinnamon , sweet, with a nice mouthfeel but ive never had a bread pudding and the internet has several bread puddings is this what a bread pudding typically is

3 Likes

NOTE : Vanilla Custard my tasting notes stated the BA taste was lingering after my initial test and i felt after a couple more weeks it would possibly go away , i tasted again last night and that taste is gone this custard is a home run it has steeped it way into my fridge forever

4 Likes

I have never had it myself AFAIK but the wikipedia description of the US version is what the vape reminds me of:

In the United States, especially Louisiana, bread puddings are typically sweet and served as dessert with a sweet sauce of some sort, such as whiskey sauce, rum sauce, or caramel sauce, but typically sprinkled with sugar and eaten warm in squares or slices. Sometimes bread pudding is served warm topped with or alongside a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.[citation needed]

4 Likes

ya i liked but need to try again because my cotton had just been used for cheesecake @2pct so it was tainted lmao NEW cotton for sure after that lol

3 Likes

Our bread pudding is from Canada. Think Bread, cream, caramel, and a bit of maple :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

thank you i wasnt sure if i was getting a cinnamon taste or not need to retry with new cotton but whatever i was tasting was good

3 Likes

It is one of my favorites. I tried something super close one time when I was sitting having lunch at a cafe in London, Ont. TBH it was the best-tasting thing I have ever had… SOooo you know it had to become a flavor ha

5 Likes

since your here , in your opinion where would you start with cheesecake i know it has to be low any suggestion would help 2 pct was wayyyy to high

2 Likes

Cheesecake in vape is WAY different than what we designed it for (It was used in cream cheese oddly). I think it really needs to be helped along a lot. I know a few people who blend it with sweet cream to tone it down. I saw a recipe done at .5% cheesecake and 1.5% sweet cream and the person really liked it. It is one of those flavors I would really like to change for the future but right now that is the only version we have.

7 Likes

thank you ya all cheesecakes need a little help lol and with so many different styles of cheesecakes its all over the place with every manufacturer ill start there though and see what happens thank you

2 Likes

Not a problem, feel free to ask any questions at any time. I am always trying to get here and sometimes it takes a SUPER long time, but I promise I try to read everything. Even if I do not reply, I normally would have still read your comments.

4 Likes