Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I second this. @Walt_RealFlavors can ya come out with a “Bad Boys” line? LOL.

8 Likes

Some of them do have small trace amounts of acetyl propionyl if it makes you feel better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

u like a lot of flavoring eh? Just the RF SC in that at 4% is more than I have tried any RF SC only recipe so far, and you have another 6% of other mfg’s flavors on top of it. :astonished:

2 Likes

I will certainly keep this in mind and appreciate the info/input.

EDIT: I was just glancing at a couple recipes you posted recently, 1 is @ 4.2% SCs (total flavoring %) and several approach 4%. With that in mind ill mix two versions of it, one with lower SC %s and one as is.

3 Likes

no problem. I just have never tried it that high. when I got my first sc’s the recommended use percent was 1 - 3.5%, now on their site they say 1 - 2.5%. I tested different flavors from below 1% as high as 3.5% (this is where I like things like french toast, pumpkin pie, etc) so that is my goal total percent when I do recipes too. If I am mixing other things from other makers in I will try and bring the total RF SC percent down but dont always. I have quite a few where I have put in 3.5% of RC SC then another 1 - 2 of other maker’s flavors.

sounds like I need to do a tester of something RF SC at higher percents, for science… :smiley:

5 Likes

I think i need to do some testing at lower %s. My thoughts were that since i like my custards and creams around two months the berries would fade, i havent met many berries that dont. This is my favorite and least favorite part of new flavor lines, trying to find that sweet spot.

6 Likes

I haven’t let any of the RF SC fruit testers (or any multiple flavor RF SC recipes) go much beyond 2 months yet before I end up mixing a few testers together to free up testing bottles so there may be some merit in what you are thinking. Time will tell. I am vaping some RF SC French Toast v1 I mixed at the end of October and it tastes just as great as I remember my original 20ml tester tasting after a month of steeping. I still have a lot of non RF batches mixed, and lots of non RF flavors to use up, before I get into making big batches of proper RF SC recipes.

My apologies to the OP for the derail.

3 Likes

@JoJo or @daath if there is any way to merge mine and Fozzys conversation with the RF SC notes thread that would be fantastic.

3 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors why no yorker tips with the beta sc order I just received?

the bottles were also not sealed under the polycone cops. I didnt have leaks (finally) but a little extra sealing to ensure everything was sterlile would be nice.

1 Like

@Ken_O_Where @Fozzy71 what are you guys mixing your Vg/Pg at i usually like 70/30 sometimes 80/20 if my flave total is under 10% since this flave total will be under 10% and the flaves dont have pg in them i was thinking 85/15

2 Likes

For my testers, and the wifes mixes, i do 80/20, max VG for me.

3 Likes

Loving the new profile pic :+1::grin:

1 Like

I mix all my juice at 70/30 now. If I vape 80vg I have chest tightness.

Mixed up the 4 Betas for testing last night…hoping for yumminess :slight_smile: @Walt_RealFlavors Thank you very much for the pen. I love it. Not only is it cool, but actually feels good in the hand and writes well, rare in logo pens usually! I’ve already put it in my caddy on my couch table and warned everyone in the house take it and die…painfully…lol

1 Like

It is very nice @Ken_O_Where . I’ll have to get used to it though. Reminds me of an old computer game that was out in the late 80’s or early 90’s called Leisure Suit Larry. Every time I see his profile pic now I’m laughing.

2 Likes

Just googled it and am now LMAO :joy:

2 Likes

Me too. I didn’t know they made more versions and continued to produce it. I just remember the Lizard one…I nailed the dates though…proud of myself. If you had actually seen the character in the older game, the suit was very squared off with sharp edges. Not like the cartoony looking pictures.

1 Like

Just speaking off the cuff here because I haven’t tried this… if you like your custards and creams at about 2 months but find the fruits fade, have you tried to just make the juice without the fruits, let that steep for say a month or so, then go back in and add the fruits than let that mix steep the additional 2 weeks or so? Or is the adding the additional fruit flavoring in the beginning (knowing it will be fading) working out okay? My problem with what I described is that I would forget to go back in after a month to add the fruits lol.

4 Likes

When you mentioned the new pic, I glanced at it and the first thing I thought was… “Is he unzipping his fly…” lol It is a nice pic though (otherwise… lol)

3 Likes

I do it all the time. I love adding strawberry Sc RF all the time and vaping it fresh in a custard. I do it mainly because I do get tired of vaping my custard testers so I add some fruit once I determine what I like and dislike. I may steep for acouple days to 1 week.