Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Before long getting orders like that, @R0B is gonna need a Bigger Place,lol :joy::joy:

3 Likes

An RF SC Cherry Limeade update. Made up 2 trial sizes of 30ml each.
All were done with a 30pg/70vg mix at 3mg/100ml mix. Mixing was tested at intervals of SNV, 1 day, 3,5,7 days and today, 2 weeks. Notes are as follows.

1. Used 2% in 1st batch. SNV not there at all. Nothing really stood out from tasting until 1 week. Still weak after 2 weeks.
  2. Used 2.5% in 2nd batch. SNV showed a hint but not much else. Came into flavor after a week. Just tried again today and is pretty good as a standalone but still lacking a kick. Have a nice cherry on the inhale, both flavors on the exhale. Smooth and no throat hit at all.
    My personal thought is it needs to be a higher % and am moving to 3% and 3.5% accordingly with the same pameters and will report back. Was more looking for a single flavor SNV but donā€™t think it will surfice as a standalone. Will take any/all suggestions as to what I might add to get more POP out of it.
    Side note: It is Not equal to Sonic Cherry Limeade but close. IMO of course but my favorite from there.
    EDIT: All this done with a SMOK Alien at 80 watts on Hard Hit, a Goon RDA with 28ga Kanthal coils and cotton bacon v2 wicks. In case that matters.
7 Likes

I am finding that for the most part 3% in mix seems to be where the magic happens with the Real Flavors (SC) line.

6 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the same thing and am ok with that. I do believe the flavor is really gonna come in good then for a standalone vape. Am at least hoping so,lol.

3 Likes

I agree, especially with the fruits.

4 Likes

I finally mixed up some 15 ml testers for the first time. I mixed strawberry, sugar cookie, cookies & cream, deep fried cookies & cream, rice pudding, and deep fried sponge cake. All Real Flavors (sc) @ 3%. Lol Iā€™m mixing them all rolled in a towel in the dryer (no heat).
Do I put a new coil in for each flavor I test? I have a notebook set aside for notes on each.
The bottles are extremely difficult to squeeze compared to the other concentrate bottles.

4 Likes

Lol!! Iā€™ve totally thought of doing that but havenā€™t ever actually tried it!

Are you building coils yet? If so you can just replace the cotton between tests. If not you can mix up a little unflavored base and vape that in between tests to clear out the last flavor.

6 Likes

someone trying my method =D

5 Likes

@VapeyMama I havenā€™t tried the coils yet so thanks for the tip.

4 Likes

Which one, the dryer or the base?

3 Likes

Wow @Jazzy_girl mixing in the dryer why did I think of that LOL.

As far as your question regarding a new coil for each flavor, I donā€™t know what setup you have, or the cost involved. I build, so I dry burn the coils, and replace the cotton before each flavor.

6 Likes

@James35
What was your experience with Bergamot? What % did you find it was good at?

Or anyone else who has used it.

1 Like

@SessionDrummer I just put them in a towel and into a pillow case and turned the heat off. They all came out mixed perfectly :). Iā€™m still using regular store bought coils until I run out. Then ill be giving my coil master some good use. Iā€™m still kinda chicken to make my own. But I vowed not to buy coils anymore.

5 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad, and you should just start making some. The BEST time to learn, is while youā€™ve still got some of your prebuiltā€™s so you have fall backs. After making a few duds, I was all set, and you can too !!!

9 Likes

Back from traveling, and still have a few left from round 2 to test. Just received third order which will be mixing and 2 weekingā€™.

Chocolate Hazelnut
Blueberry Lemonade Slushy
Sugar Cub
Aged Bourbon Creme
Cherry
Melon Melody
Grape
Mocha
Black Label Vanilla (pre-order).

JUST by smelling the few that have me saying, ā€œSCREW the 2 week waitā€ are

Choco Hazel
Aged Bourbon
Melon Melody
and Mocha !!!

6 Likes

Very interested to see how the cherry is, I have the wild cherry and it is very good. I wonder what separates the two. Wonder if we can figure it out without both having to purchase each, lol.

1 Like

My god! Bergamot is soo good. Well rounded and very unique citrus Flavor, at 1.5% I was very happy, could go to 2%. Perfect citrus Flavor in my opinion.
Iā€™m doing final testing tomorrow on my flavors, so I should have lots more info up soon.

3 Likes

@Pentine I just re-opened it, and gave it the super sniff test. It smells VERY good, real, not artificial or perfumey. Smells JUST like a bottle of maraschino cherries right before you put them on the sundae. Have not vaped any of it, but as of a heavy duty, initial sniff test, smells VERY good.

How did the WC taste/vape ?

2 Likes

Wild Cherry in my opinion, was what their Red Burst Type Candy should have tasted like. Very sweet and candy like. Very little real-ness to it, but still VERY good. I am about to mix some more up now actually!

Did it at 3% and enjoyed it. Might bump it to 4% for this next go.

I have been looking for a good cherry that would work for a cherry cheesecake, would you say from what you have smelled that the Cherry would work?

Is 3% still your go to percentage with the coffee? I am about to mix it with some MF Caramel.

3 Likes

Hmmmm, thatā€™s a tough one having not vaped it. Just RE-smelled it, and itā€™s really a sharp/sweet maraschino. Itā€™s not a darker cherry, and Iā€™m trying to remember which Iā€™ve had in cheesecake. I think it might work pretty good. Having NOT tried the wild cherry, (or either of them for that matter), I could see using this cherry as the cherry base add to a cheesecake, with maybe a bump from the wild cherry rounding it out.

This is of course having vaped neither.

2 Likes