Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Yet some people will argue something is better than another. Im just happy people arent smoking. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

ya i am as well i have three kids under 6 years old and im 40 , but when something is great we all know it or at least the majority of us could agree like VCV1 or FA cream whipped or RFSC strawberry

4 Likes

Now that i can order from ECX again it is on the top of my list, the very next flavor i order.

4 Likes

its full of the good stuff lmao

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably running about 50/50 maybe 60/40 on the RF concentrates as well. They have 4-8 that are stunners for me, then others that I like a lot. But flavor fade has been a pretty big issue overall. Very prominent with the VG versions. So far quite a bit better with the SCā€™s, but there seem to still be some.

I just started playing around with be SCā€™s about 6 weeks ago, so still testing and in the trial and error phase :wink:

5 Likes

I sadly found this, it was one of the few flavours I really liked. After doing a couple more mixes I steeped for a week I found myself scratching my head ā€œWhere the hell has the blue raspberry flavour gone?ā€. Personally here in the UK, I would say Real Flavors prices are very good at Rainbow Vapes, so they are well worth trying, there are Im sure some great ones amongst all the flavours, personally I am done with them, too much tinkering, testing, trialling and mainly frustration to get something good from them. They are the VG in reverse, instead of waiting for weeks for the flavour to come and it doesnt with a lot of the flavours, it is with some there and then goes. I would rather work with concentrates I would score 7 out of 10 that are easy to work with and mix and are stable than a potential 10/10 flavour that is unstable and unreliableā€¦maybe that is my inpatience

2 Likes

This is the same with any flavors from any brand and not synonymous with RF alone.
I mean to able to mix good liquids you need to get to know what you are using regardless what brand it is.
If you donā€™t take that time you will always be complaining about whatever brand you are using at the moment.

I got on the RF SC train and i am not one that will sit here blaming the brand for my own shortcomings thatā€™s for sure.

12 Likes

After seeing some of these reviews, was hesitant to toss mine up as they really arenā€™t that involved or detailed LOL. BUT, seeing as though thatā€™s what the thread is, Iā€™ll toss of my (few so far) thin reviews. Iā€™ve only gotten through a few, but so far, no duds, and some very good. Iā€™ve editing them into the recipie postā€¦

All mixed 3-26-17, steeped at least 2 weeks, 70v/30p, on dual kanthal claptons @ .33ohms on Steam Crave RDTA v.1

Apple Pie SC 2.5% (4-2-17) ā€“ After 1 week steep the overall flavor is very good, with strength and sweetness both good. Apple on the inhale and more of a top notch apple pie filling on the exhale, with slight spice. Crust is very low in the mix. May re-try and bump to 3.0% and let steep 2 weeks to see if crust comes out.
Bottom Line: Great apple pie filling, could benefit from more crust.
8/10

Pancake SC 2.5% (4-14-17) ā€“ WOW, this tastes like Pancakes !!! Lovely buttery, syrupy pancakes. A little sweet, but thatā€™s what happens when you put syrup on them. Very full and nice body.
Bottom Line: If you want pancakes, this one is for you. 10/10

Oatmeal Cookie SC 2.5% (4-9-17) ā€“ After a 2 week steep the overall flavor is quite good. Not sure if @ 2.5% Iā€™m getting a full OMC, but def. sweet, smooth, bakery-ish type flavor. Not bad at all, not stellar @ 2.5% @ 2weeks. Will re-mix at higher rate and re-test later.

Sugar Cookie SC 2.5% (4-11-17) ā€“ 2 week steep and this one has a very even, sweet, buttery cookie taste. Maybe hint of vanilla, not sure. Overall very good. Creamy, full, smooth cookie. Could be ADV, will need to re-test at higher %.

French Toast SC 2.5% (3-27-17) ā€“ Knew this was a keeper even after 1 day. After 1 week, no real changes to the flavor, still very good, buttery, cinnamon, maple syrup, with a little egg and bread. Depending on steeping longer, might have to up %, but not with short 1 week steeping.
Bottom Line: GREAT french toast, could benefit little less sweet, more bread/egg.
9/10

Pending:ā€¦
Bread Pudding SC 2.5%
Vanilla Custard SC 2.5%
Brownie SC 2.5%
Cinnamon Roll SC 2.5%
Blackberry SC 2.5%
Blueberry SC 2.5%
Graham Cracker SC 2.5%
Cheesecake SC 2.5%
Bavarian Cream SC 2.5%
Strawberry SC 2.5%

14 Likes

@Fozzy71 @fidalgo_vapes Iā€™m falling way behind you guys hereā€¦

2 Likes

Funnily enough I donā€™t get any blackberry?
Just a smooth raspberry.
Maybe @Walt_RealFlavors can enlighten us to the make up of the flavour?

2 Likes

ā€œi am not one that will sit here blaming the brand for my own shortcomings thatā€™s for sure.ā€ - that is the exact response I was expecting from someone. Hey, if it is true, that is fine and all the more reason for me not to use them when I am getting far better results and far easier from other concentrates. I for one am not spending loads of time going down the same route as I did with the VG line, I got to know them quite wellā€¦it wasnt particularly enjoyable

5 Likes

Iā€™ve ordered Black Raspberry too but havenā€™t tried it yet. So do you get blackberry?. Iā€™m not sure if that was meant to be a statement or a question lol

1 Like

@woftam has us all crushed. I am (hopefully) done buying for a while. I have 19 un-tested flavors of 67 total flavors. Even refrigerated I doubt I can use up all these flavors before they are no longer usable.

2 Likes

Break them down into 10ml and 30ml and sell a few :wink:

2 Likes

currently vaping some of this from last october at 3.5%, so good

3 Likes

Notes Now ill retest these b4 remixing on rda , please remember these are only my opinion , this round of testing i used a sub ohm tank the Aspire Cleito which imo is great for flavor .

Real Flavors SC Sugar Cookie tested 2.5pct made 3-26 tested 4-13 80 vg 20 pg

At 2.5pct 45 to 50watts there is definetly a light buttery sugar taste one the would be similar to a real sugar cookie the cookie is also very light but so is a real sugar cookie so i think this flavor fits the profile well , but i think there is something more to this at a different percent maybe 3.5 or so because the taste is lighter than capella , this is a flavor that you could build layers of other flavors on , and here is the thing that baffles me on the exhale im getting a vanilla flavor is that even possible @Walt_RealFlavors ??

Real Flavors SC Yumberry tested at 2.25pct made 3-26 tested 4-13 80vg 20pg

I have no clue what a yumberry taste like , let me get that out of the way but this is a good flavor and unique sweet with a little bit of tartness but not much the combo is nice as a stand alone , the taste reminds me of a sweeter pomegranite ( but ill have to go back and taste that to confirm ) id like to see how this pairs with a blackberry im not sure id like it with a custard but lighter creams no doubt ill try this on a rda dual clapton see what i get from that it may make a huge difference

Real Flavors SC Strawberry tested at 2pct made 3-26 tested 4-13 80vg 20 pg

i really wanted to test this at the two week and 4 week mark only to see if and or how much this flavor fades ?? at 3 weeks its a very good strawberry a realistic flavor profile imo but not as strong as i want it to be , but what strawberry is over all a authentic good strawberry ā€¦

i have some others to post but no time right now will do them later

10 Likes

You just summed up exactly how I feel about those three flavours. The strawberry was a big let down as I found it to be very weak, but has the potential to be the best strawberry Iā€™ve tried. Itā€™s very much like wild strawberries we get here.

6 Likes

No, I canā€™t taste any blackberry notes myself, just raspberry?
Thereā€™s very little to no tartness either, just a very smooth sweet raspberry, but very moreish! Lol

2 Likes

im relieved these flavors need help with other flavors , to be honest i was worried that these were so good as stand alone why bother mixing lol the strawberry is good but weak

4 Likes

did you taste the vanilla in the sugar cookie ?? for me its the flavor that stands out the most on the exhale

2 Likes