Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Great notes. I tried the Strawberry SC with my milkshake base and the SB was muted. A one shot SB Milkshake will be great. I’ll order this when I buy more of the SCs… Thanks @fidalgo_vapes for your notes.

4 Likes

Np if you want i could send you 10ml or so b4 you buy you could try

3 Likes

i liked the strawberry it was faint after 2 weeks but the taste was still good i went back and made it at 3pct and will try it again at 2weeks to see if the flavors holds up a bit longer that way

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer, but I trust your judgement and will order this one when I resume buying these.[quote=“fidalgo_vapes, post:1344, topic:92474”]
i liked the strawberry it was faint after 2 weeks but the taste was still good
[/quote]

I noticed it tends to struggle a bit when mixed with creams and stronger flavors. I tried increasing the % but it didn’t help. I do find it to be solid in some mixes though.

4 Likes

well that a bummer lol i still have a minute b4 im attempting to mix with these i can only test three a day and i cant test everyday or im worn out lol but this week i have to get the rest tasted bc it getting closer to one month and i really wanted to see how these flaves changed in those two weeks for me it will determine a lot

4 Likes

Try 0.50% RF SC Marshmallow with the Strawberry, really makes it pop. I have a simple mix with 1.5% RFCS SB, 2% Cream and 0.50% Marshmallow and been vaping my 12 day steeped mix all day and it is almost too sweet with a tasty strawberry. This was in my 24mm moonshot with SS316L fused claptons from advanced vape supply.

Edit: I also made that same mix with FA Fresh Cream, FA Marshmallow and INW Shisha SB, the RFSC mix is more flavorful and pops a lot more.

6 Likes

Nice info to have…

5 Likes

Cinnamon Roll SC 2.5% (4-16-17) – This was a strange one @ 2 weeks+. I really wasn’t getting cinnamon roll at all, but it was almost like apple fritter, where the apple was backed down to just below identifiable. I love cinn. roll, but this one just didn’t seem close to me, and the cinn. wasn’t really there, or I just couldn’t pick up on it. Upon initial loading of the steam crave, I thought I might have tasted a cinnamon hot, but it never showed up again. Maybe just a different take on cinnamon roll maybe ?? As a cinnamon roll, have to go low @ 3/10.

3 Likes

yes, not what I was expecting but mine is now at 3 or 4 weeks and seems better.

2 Likes

I can remix again, and re-try. You feel it’s more cinnamon roll-ish ?

1 Like

Graham Cracker SC 2.5% (4-16-17) – I’m going to quote another reviewer as saying, “Top Shelf Graham Cracker”. WOW, this one is good. Have been using Cap GC v.2 forever, and this one’s a different take on it. Very good body, mouthfeel, and full graham. Not getting cinnamon, very slight spicyness (very slight), but still there. Could this improve after more steeping ?? Pretty damn good @ 2 weeks. Have to go 10/10 on this one.

@Pro_Vapes

6 Likes

It seems less spicy cinnamon now and has more pastry notes coming thru but it doesn’t taste as good to me as what OSDIYS Baked Cinnamon Roll did from what I recall. Mine is just now at 4 weeks exactly. I will try and remember to give it another vape today but I just brushed my teeth so it will have to be later.

2 Likes

I’ve done a bit of testing myself as well and just bumped my test batches up 1% more because I found 2% there was a weak taste. I tested Strawberry, Rhubarb at 2% and found them to be nice accurate flavours but weak as single flavours. They worked great in another mix but stand alones very weak at 2%. I have to say Vanilla Ice Cream at 2% is extreamly weak and I was very disappointed with this flavour at that percentage… I added another percent will try later. Cotton Candy was extremely weak at 2% and was just as disappointed. My flavours have been steeping for a month and I have tested them every week and found no change in flavour over that period.
Personally so far I would say there is no comparison to FA IMO. I will keep trying different percentages because I have a lot of flavour left to use up but so far I am pretty disappointed to be quite honest. I will try to add PG which I was trying to avoid. Maybe that is the problem. My testing was all done max vg to be honest here.

5 Likes

Have you tried any creams yet?. I was especially disappointed with how weak they were. I mixed everything 25pg 75vg

3 Likes

I have not bought any more flavours from RF and no creams and at this moment I probably won’t be… sad to say, I was quite hyped about them. I will add pg to the ones I have which I was trying to avoid because my wife we think is allergic to PG. I mainly wanted the Rhubarb and Strawberry to make a StrawRhubarb flavour which I tried at a store and found theirs too sweet but liked the flav. I also bought RootBeer, Cherry Cola and am going to test them again but found RB to be weak as well but accuate flavour.

4 Likes

Seems to me many people that say they are disappointed in RF are hung up on the 1% to 2% range while many of us are mixing SF at 3% to 5% and getting very good results.

For the majority of RF SC I have tried anything below 3% as a SF has very little flavor. In the future on my testers I will probably do 3% 4% 5% in small batches unless I find info on it being a very strong flavor first.

Not trying to single you out with the quote or start anything derogatory here it is just an observation on my part.

6 Likes

The reason why many people could be hung up, as you say, on the low percentages could be because of what’s printed on the bottles. Super concentrates, usage guide 1 - 2.5%.
I’ve liked almost all of the ones I’ve tried and I think they’re better than the majority of concentrates I already have, but the ones I find weak will probably have to be used in a range that is far from super concentrated.

5 Likes

Very good point on percentages but will try to bump up on percentage. the flavour seems on, but as DrChud noted that the guide does say 1-2.5%. So expectations being a SC and all, we might have all expected more punch from them.

4 Likes

i belive your right , im one of those people you are talking about , ill tell you the straw milkshake at 3 is wow i vaped my entire sample last night without nicotine it was so good , ill try higher percents for those flaves that are lacking , but some are just not good but thats with all companies

4 Likes

this is why notes are important to make public imo , a newer line that doesnt have much info , ive decided to make my notes public and take the time to test from different aspects , i would have done this with other companies but i was late to the ball game on FA Tpa etc and notes were already compiled

4 Likes