Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Yeah I wish my tastebuds were more sensitive to strawberry. Jealous of yours!
And the concentrates were ordered direct.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll bet the supermarket has it at at least half the cost of auto storeā€¦the auto places are always ridiculous!

3 Likes

Well this is kind of sad and sucky at the same time. I had assumed the SCā€™s would be more potent than the other manufacturer offerings out there and, in turn, reduce the total percentages in my recipes. The strawberry IMHO is not any better than INWā€™s Shisha, which isnā€™t a bad thingā€¦ and not really up to par with TFAā€™s and FAā€™s. The Custard SC disappoints as well, compared to CAPS V1. Again these are only my observations. I really wanted these to work but guess Iā€™ll just go back to using my regular ā€˜go-toā€™ concentrates.

Also just remembered the title of this thread says Tasting Notes not Pity-Pot Complaints so my apologies everyone.

7 Likes

Strawberry SC 2.5% (4-17-17) ā€“ 2+ weeks steeped, and this is a very good strawberry. Iā€™m a huge Strawberry Ripe fan, and am trying to decide if it bumps it out of 2nd place or not, tough call. Might not be quite as good as INw Shisha SB, but itā€™s in between Shisha and Ripe for sure. @ 2.5% it was very full, strong, and tasty. Doesnā€™t have the ā€œripeā€ of SB Ripe, but itā€™s got something extra in there, Pectin, Jam ?? Not sure. No clue on how/if it fades with time, but IMO as a SB giving it a 9/10.

5 Likes

Interesting how RF SC was all the rage last year and the start of this year but many mixers are discovering issues now after further testing. Iā€™m disappointed with the steeped outcome of many of my mixes now after using RF SC and will return to the tried and never faltering other vendors. Not tossing RF SC fruits but I will not be mixing with most of the candies and bakery flavors.
I think RF needs to do more extensive R/D before anything is released because there seems to be too many variations of potency. Some of my bottles bought last year were fine at low % whereas other mixers said they were barely there at 2-2.5%. Doesnā€™t really give anyone a good starting point if there are different degrees of potency in different bottles. I think over time RF will get there but as of right now itā€™s not. Same goes with inawera after they reformulated most of their flavorings. As far as RF SC Blueberry, .5% is too weak and disappears after a good steep and develops an off note that I am not sure where it comes from. Carrier? Most blueberries from other vendors donā€™t work very well either in my tests so I wonā€™t do blueberry anymore.

5 Likes

I do want to create a recipe using 100% RF SC bakery and fruit mix and see if it still develops off notes after a very long steep. Of those mixes that failed, I used RF SC in conjunction with other vendors so I would like to discover if RF SC doesnā€™t play well with others or if they really do have off note issues over time. Btw, my stuff is all high vg to very high vg. If I donā€™t do this then I wonā€™t be the mad scientist.:grinning: anyone else already tried this experiment?

3 Likes

Real Flavors SC Pumpkin Pie mixed @ 3pct
made 3-26 tested 4-17 dual clapton .27 ohms velocity v2 , 80vg 20pg

Im heart broken and have developed flavor envy , yes envy is a deadly sin but i am truly envious of anyone who got anything more than a sweet vape , maybe its the percentage i dont know but i tested this one more than any other flavor , different tanks finger test i damn near drank this stuff just to see if im missing something but to my surprise NOTHING not a hint of spice , no crust and i know pumpkin itself is fairly tasteless but this is supposed to be pumpkin pie , the smell from the bottle isnt very potent itself which i never go off the smell just because for me the two are usually far off , the good news if you love a tasteless super sweet vape i found the one for you just mix it at 3 % and you will be in heaven ā€¦

5 Likes

Would think you would have at least tasted the nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom and a little crust. How sad. Pumpkin itself is bland in the real thing. Feel your pain brother

4 Likes

ill remix the ones im not having luck with like pumpkin pie at 1 pct or lower i think its only fair but right now im having a 50 / 50 good bad ratio im hoping 25pct of those are just the wrong percentage and ill report back with those percents ,

4 Likes

many of the pumpkin pie flaves only taste like the spice not the main course including the crust. @Beaufort_Batches got me on to using NF pumpkin. its a very fine pumpkin flavor. what if you mixed RF SC pumpkin pie with RF SC sweet potato?

5 Likes

this recipe using RF SC fruits/sc yogurt in conjunction with other vendors turned out very well. so im gonna remain solid on my findings in regards to bakery and those containing brown sugar.

Summer Salad V2

Ingredient %
Armenia (Apricot) (FA) 1
Black Raspberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.3
Blueberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.3
Blueberry Cheesecake Organic NF 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.3
DX Peach (Juicy) (TPA) 2
Lemon Grass (Flavorah) 0.07
Watermelon (Delosi) 1
WATERMELON COLORLESS LORANN 0.3
Whipped Cream (Flavorah) 1
Yogurt (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5

Flavor total: 12.27%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
5 Likes

i dont have the sweet potato and right now im not buying until ive tested all i have ( completely tested ) at different percentages , im hoping ECX gets a large amount of these so i could buy 10 ml i know its more per ml but cheaper over all especially if 50pct arent for me ,

4 Likes

i can send you some if you want. you do know you will be completely bald after all these painstaking experiments

4 Likes

What is NF

2 Likes

https://www.naturesflavors.com/

3 Likes

Most strawberries would get lost in mixes for me too so I feel your pain. I wish it worked out better for you but at least it confirms that your regular go-to flavors still work best for you.

2 Likes

Hah Another flavor company in my backyard. Cool now Iā€™ll have to check them out.

2 Likes

Just working through sampling my first sample of this mixed at the same % as yourself using an all AG base. Very similar finished flavour to Strawberry Ripe (TPA) I thought, but a little drier in the finished taste for me as I fell quite thirsty vaping this continuously.

2 Likes

Dont apologise for being relatively unhappy with a product, that is what the forum is about, as long as it is an honest opinion. There are a few people, myself included with similar thoughts on what they have tried, it is good to see balanced opinion and it is very true taste is subjective so different points of view is a good thing.

7 Likes

Great post @Will_G

It is really helpful to not just post what you do like but what you donā€™t like as well. I have found that there are some posters who I share a similar taste profile with so there likes and dislikes are really helpful. Others that have different taste profiles are still really helpful to those who share that with them. It is OK to look at tasting notes and either agree or disagree based on how your tastes differ, it is just not OK to call someone out because they are different than you and no one should apologize.

Some people like really strong flavor and others prefer a subtle flavor. Both are correct for there style vaping and should not be criticized because they differ with others.

@Walt_RealFlavors has even mentioned that he is OK with criticism, it is just as helpful as praise.

7 Likes