Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

No, it’s just a mostly generic sweetness to me as well. If I’m trying really hard to taste it, and exhale through nose and do the tasting mouth I can almost get a slight hint of starch/rice. But not much. It needs rice, butter, cream, cinnamon, and raisins and it would be a perfect rice pudding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Me still so sad! Waited a long time for this one :frowning: Guess I’m going to have to break down and try that “other” brand.

3 Likes

Mine is in the queue to be mixed next, at 3%. I cracked all 7 in the queue today and smelled them. Hazelnut smells amazing. The rest, including rice pudding, were all sorta meh smelling to me except for sugar cub. In case anyone wonders: the others in the queue are: milk, sweet potato, peanut butter and fruity pebbles.

3 Likes

That may be it. Does the FT have maple syrup?

1 Like

FT v.1 has a much more pronounced syrup, not overly so, but more present and forward. v.2 has it, but either it’s much lower, or it’s overshadowed by the cloveness. Egg and bread are def. more present in v.2.

1 Like

I have gone up to 5% and still not there yet for me. I like the flavour I am getting more of a still lemonade, without the dominating sharpness of lemon that some variations of this type of flavour have. Definitely the weakest finished flavour I have come across so far in the range. But if I find the right mixing % still have high hopes for this as flavour and mixed with strawberry or raspberry could make a decent pink lemonade mix as well.

4 Likes

I thought maybe it was just me, same here! :cry: I tried 2-4% already, and not really much flavor at all, light hint at 4%, vapeable but not anything like you’d expect from a lemonade, especially a SC version. Was hoping for Country-Time like FW, maybe 12-14% of this SC will be like the FW version :sweat_smile:

I’ll try 8% next time I mix it and see if that changes anything, if it’s still similar to 2-4% then for our taste-buds I think it would need re-designed or we’ll have to pass it up.

Most all other RF flavors work fine for me at 2-4%, except the VG version of Peppermint Bark. I’m up to 18% on it now just trying to find some flavor om there before the 30ml is gone/wasted

3 Likes

Ya think that is “clove” flavor, I know it has a familiar taste that I just can’t place (I do recall tasting clove once or twice while missing a piece of whole clove in baked ham), but that was years ago (I really look more closely because of those misadventures).
I just mixed up both Bread Pudding V1 and V2 at 3% each for testers. The finger sample after mixing has the V1 with a good cinnamon note while the V2 also has that “off taste” I had gotten from the V2 version of FT (testers still steeping of both FT V1 and V2 and I still taste the off thing in the V2 of it).

2 Likes

Cloves is what I thought it was at first as it reminded me of the off taste in the baklava that I equated with cloves (who the heck puts cloves in baklava though??). I haven’t smelled cloves in decades when they were all the rage for people to be smoking so I may be remembering that taste/smell wrong.

2 Likes

I smoked cloves like a chimney in the 80’s but to me they didn’t taste anything like the spice.

3 Likes

Steep some for awhile in some vg/pg and let us know in a few weeks lol (actually that might not be a bad idea… :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

My Bread Pudding V2 Beta has been steeping for over a month at 1.5% and smells like baked bread, different than when I first mixed it. Just dripped some and the first flavor that hit my tongue was bread as well, wasn’t expecting that. I think @Walt_RealFlavors mentioned he made some changes to BP V2 from the Beta that I have though, if I remember right it was less bready.

I liked but didn’t love the BP V1 I had also mixed at the same time at 1.5% a month ago. Feels like it is missing something from the VG version that I ran out of. I decided to mix it again at 2.5% but wow, too strong right now, all I can taste is cinnamon. Maybe it will mellow out or maybe I should have stayed between 1.5 and 2%. Mixed that up 3 days ago and just smelt it and yep, smells like all cinnamon.

I got in some new flavors yesterday and mixed them all up at 2%. I did try them all but the only one that tasted real good as a shake n vape is Beaver Tail, tastes like it has Paczki in it which is a good thing since I like it.

Here are the flavors I got:

Coffee Cake
Caramel Cappuccino
Cinnamon Custard
Vanilla Ice Cream
Soda Base
Beaver Tail (SPECIAL EDITION)

Just did a drop on the finger to taste of each and there all good that way a day after mixing. The Cinnamon Custard tastes like just cinnamon though, can’t really tell much of a difference between it and the Bread Pudding V1 I mixed 3 days ago, all I can taste on both is cinnamon.

5 Likes

This is the strange thing about RF SCs. I made a SF RF SC Krispy Treat at 2.5% and thought it was just okay. I then mixed it my own recipe for Rice krispy treat, which i knew was spot on, and added 2% RF SC Krispy treat. I dropped the % so it would not dominate but unfortunately it was dominant. The new recipe with the RF was inferior and tasted mostly off the RF. I was like okay that one is not for me i prefer to build it on my own. Problem solved well no, heres why. I mixed SF RF SC Caramel and SF RF SC Marshmallow at 2.5% each. All i could taste was krispy treat!! Clean cotton, new coil, zero chance of cross contamination! Very weird. Even stranger is that i SF tested RF VG marshmallow and its yummy. I can taste the RF VG just fine between 7-12% usually. Long story short. I think the VGs are different than the SCs the conversions did not replicate exactly. Secondly one of the “base” components must be creating an off taste making certain flavors taste like other flavors on the palate. Further testing is definately required in order to figure out how to properly balance RF flavors with non RF flavors. On a side note RF SC butter crisp at 4% is the bomb diggity lol

4 Likes

These are very brief shake and vape notes for my last 6 flavors. I’ll come back in a week and again after that. I know SCs need a steep, so I didn’t go very in depth here. I got percentages from the flavor notes section, this thread, and a couple I pulled out of thin air. These are not ideal percentages. All mixed at 70% VG with 3% nic. Tested on the Hadaly; SS fused clapton @ 50 watts.

Beaver Tail @ 3%
S&V: I like the berry note. It’s the same vague, subtle dough as the rest, but more buttery. I get a faint chocolate, but just a touch. Light flavor.

Cookies and Cream @ 2.5%
S&V: Almost dead on Oreo chocolate. Crunchy cookie texture. Light cream. That sweetness is in this flavor, but it isn’t dominant for a change. The oreo flavor is prevalent instead. Might need to back down to 2% for single flavor. Happy that this is identical to the VG version; it’s my favorite chocolate flavor. This is the clear winner of these 6 flavors.

Cinnamon Donut @ 3%
S&V: Not much donut flavor. Almost exactly like the fried dough (which sucks) with some cinnamon. The cinnamon does improve the flavor though. There’s not a lot to it. Very light.

French Toast v1 @ 3.5%
S&V: A little harsh out of the gate. Subtle but crunchy bread note. Maple is forward but not overbearing. Sweet. Light flavor; could come up unless it blooms with a steep. No real off notes… that weird sweetness of Fried Dough is kind of present but it’s not a bad thing in this flavor. This gets the silver medal for these 6.

Elephant Ear @ 2%
S&V: Another one like Fried Dough, but this is slightly better. More cakey/doughy than Cinnamon Donut. Light cinnamon. Not a lot of body.

Red Candy Burst Type @ 1.5%
S&V: I get the same weird sweetness as everything else. The Cherry is good but it’s under that sweetness. I get the starburst tang as well. Very accurate; it reminds me of FLV Bing Cherry with more of that candy chewiness. It’s another light flavor. I can’t decide if I need to go up for more flavor or down to combat muting. Might need to try 1% and 2% batches. I’ll give this one the bronze.

Am I the only one that has found every SC to have very light flavor? I only have 12, but they’re all light. Cookies and Cream and Strawberry are probably the most flavorful, but the rest don’t have much to them. I don’t know. I surely don’t get much from them. They almost seem watered down. Most of them have empty space in the flavor. Does any of that make sense?

9 Likes

Red Candy Burst Type @ 1.5%
I too am getting very similar results. It is not as strong as I want it to be, but I cannot tell if it needs to go up or down. Am going to try a 2% mix before a 1% mix, I will have to meet you back here with some notes.

Orange Candy Burst Type @ 1.5%/ 2.5%
Tasted very little to nothing with this mix, in the same night I remade the batch at 2.5% to no avail. I handed it to my girlfriend the next day and she said it tasted like paint thinner. My guess is I need to try a batch at 1% to see if I can’t get the flavor to come through more. Not disappointed yet, but definitely the weaker of the four Burst Candy flavors. REALLY want this one to work, will come back with new results soon.

Yellow Candy Burst Type @ 1.5%
LOVE this flavor, IMO the best of the Burst Candy flavors. Has a very different lemon taste to it, cannot wait to try and bump it up more. Hopefully at 2% it will not mute. Getting very continuous and satisfying flavor at only 1.5% after just a few days. Very special flavor.

Pink Candy Burst Type @ 1.5%
After a week, this flavor continues to satisfy without muting, even after vaping on it all day. Am going to try a batch at 1.75% to see if I can’t get more flavor out of it without it muting as in my previous tests, 2% caused it to mute after vaping on it for more than ten minutes. May even try a 1.25% mix, just to see what happens…

Watermelon @ 1%
Initially made this at 2% and it started to taste very foul after a few days. Bumped the mix down to 1% and it is walking a very thin line between foul and tasty. Will have to try a batch at .75% to see if it doesn’t solve the almost off-putting taste. Good potential though!

Pineapple @ 1.5%
Holy balls, this smells so good out of the concentrate bottle itself! I have mixed it and it taste pretty much just as good. No muting with continuous flavor, will have to push the limits to see just how much flavor I can squeeze out of this before it mutes. LOVE this pineapple.

Sour Gummy @ 1.5%
Tasted little to nothing, though this has been my experience with many gummy flavors. I can’t even tell if I should raise or lower the percentage. Will revisit this in a few days and see how I feel.

Red, White, and Blue Popsicle @ 1.5%
Will have to give this some time, the raspberry in it I can tell is better than RF actual raspberry flavor. Has potential, but need more time to work with it.

Cookies and Cream @ 2.5%
DELICIOUS! Unfortunately, the more I vape on it, the less I taste. This is obviously muting and I will have to lower it to 1.5 or 2%. Still love this flavor, Walt has done a great job creating a wonderful chocolate flavor. This is good stuff, just need to get it to have continuous flavor. Hopefully when I lower it, it is still just as rich and tasty.

Orange Cream @ 2%
This flavor was not what I was expecting, very VERY full of vanilla, perhaps too much? I am getting little, to no orange flavor coming through. This is the same issue I am having with the Orange Candy Burst flavor, perhaps Orange flavors have not yet been perfected by RF or maybe it is not their strongest flavor. Will have to let this one sit for sure, as it is majority vanilla, out of the gate. Not the best, but not writing this flavor off quite yet! I was very surprised to see that the concentrate itself is very dark. I was hoping it would beat out TPA Orange Cream as it is the best out there at the moment but still not what I need. I would be interested to see what others have to say.

Wild Cherry @ 1.5%
Loving this cherry, no part of it tastes like cough medicine which is a big issue with a lot of the cherries out there. Definitely a top 3 cherry in my collection. Will have to see how far I can push this, slightly harsh but nothing terrible. Anyone else who has used this, I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

8 Likes

What i wonder here is if you at that point felt it had steeped enough in order for her to give you a valid review on it?

5 Likes

Walt has said a few times now that the SC are alcohol based and have no PDO in them.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for sharing your tasting notes…it’s extremely helpful!

@Pentine Did I remember you mentioning you are a higher wattage vapor? If so have you tried lowering your watts and seeing if the flavors still mute? I’m wondering if they don’t like heat.

Although I also have quite a few that are muted or become muted. I’m just wondering if you have played around with wattages and/or heat settings? That way I know what to try :wink:

6 Likes

one of my faves also so far.

it should bloom with a steep. I am down to 10ml of my 3.5% batch from last october and need to make a new batch asap.

I get great flavor from most of my testers/recipes at 3.5% but not until they have steeped at least 4 weeks.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response. I’ll try bumping some of them up more. Most of them I’ve tried between 1-2.5%. Just started pushing a couple to 3%, so I’ll continue with that trend. That Cookies and Cream is something else! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bread Pudding SC 2.5% (4-20-17) – After 2.5 week steep this one was an overall even, sweet mix. Wasn’t really getting much bread pudding, and no real standout flavors. Hard to nail down what it takes like. Could have been bread pudding, but not clearly so. Could probably see this as a mixer/base. Doesn’t mean it was bad, but takeaway wasn’t a “OMG, this is bread pudding” is all. As a bread pudding after 2.5 weeks @ 2.5%, would have to go with a 6/10.

7 Likes