Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

My actual notes on Coconut (SC) is as follows:
I mixed up 15ml 1.5% 30/70 (pg/vg) 6mg nic 0.25 Ohm duel SS coils @ 23watts.
The SC Coconut has a nice smooth flavor at that percentage. I wouldn’t use it as an all day vape, just too plain, but it does have a good semi-sweet coconut flavor on the profile of what you would purchase for cooking or baking, the sweet flaked coconut. I am not getting a “bite”, but the flavor does seem to linger for awhile in the mouth, at this percentage it isn’t unpleasant (which is what I get from Coconut (Extra) to the point I can’t use it at all even in small amounts). All in all it seems to be a good flavor to play with for a bit of sweetness and would most likely be a good addition to cookie and/or candy type recipes… after adding to some Bust a nut, the jury is still out if (at least in the percentage I’ve used), it may have made it too sweet or candy like.

4 Likes

God I love that smell.

Do you know how much of this I rubbed on Myrtle Beach babes when I was a young man?

7 Likes

Love the smell of that… and ya should keep your glasses on more often… it was a nice back rub while it lasted…

5 Likes

Well…you felt pretty hot.

5 Likes

Well I was getting into it… lolololol

6 Likes

You are on form today Tut :+1::laughing::joy:

4 Likes

yeah… it’ll probably get me ban’d lol

4 Likes

Thanks @Walt_RealFlavors water cup arrived in pristine condition… now if you only made coffee cups…

3 Likes

Backlava SC 2.5% (4-29-17) – 2 weeks+ steep, and I knew this wasn’t going to work for me. DISCLAIMER – Honey flavors are one of the HARDEST flavors to get right, and natural. – You will have to try this for yourself, and see if you like the honey. For me the honey put me off immediately. Haven’t vaped hardly any honeys so maybe this is how they all are, don’t know. I really didn’t spend much time with this one due to the adverse thoughts on the honey which is forward in the mix, and cannot do a full review. Your mileage will vary depending. As far as my tastebuds go, I have to hit it with a 2/10. Please try for yourself and decide.

6 Likes

Really good notes, fella. I think I’ll have to put condensed milk on the retest list too. I’ve noted that my tester had very little flavour at all :thumbsup:

2 Likes

@DrChud thank you very much. Not sure what % you mixed your SC @ or what steep time, but WOW, 2.5% @ 2 weeks made my head spin.

1 Like

@Fozzy71 @wvsanta @fidalgo_vapes I’m sure you guys have tested the backlava already ?? What were your thoughts ?? Thoughts on the honey ??

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t get a honey note from it but I have never vaped honey and don’t eat honey. I thought I liked it at first but later I couldn’t vape it standalone. That is the one I first noticed an off note that I described as cloves and later thought maybe nutmeg but @Walt_RealFlavors always ignores me when I ask what it might be. The last 220ml batch I made of it I ended up mixing with a pumpkin pie batch and dumping in all sorts of random flavors/batches to try and make it tolerable. I now have a 500ml jar of baklava + pumpkin pie + banana bread + samoa cookie that I still get that off note from…

I do like it when mixed in a recipe at a low percent like this:

Pistachio Baklava
4.00% Pistachio (TFA)
2.00% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)
2.00% Baklava (Real Flavors)
2.00% Butter Pecan (FW)
0.25% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)
variant of - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/867205/Pistachio%20Baklava#

1 Like

That was the first SC I tested, made on 12/28/16 at 2% and I just never shared my thoughts on it.

I will have to re- taste it but from the looks of the bottle it was not terrible because I vaped 10ml’s of the 30ml’s I made.

As I remember it my original thoughts were not bad but more of a general sweetness not really a true Baklava.

I will try it again and give my thoughts because I did not take notes.

3 Likes

yes, it doesn’t taste like any baklava I have ever had, and I have had a lot. Had some just the other day that was glorious.

2 Likes

Rice Crispy Treats SC 2.5% (4-29-17) – 2 weeks of HARD waiting to test this one, as I love RCT’s. Smelled it while filling tank, and it smelled GOOD !!! Been clouding with it for 10 minutes and it is another very good, even mix from RF. I cannot detect individual components i.e. marshmallow, butter, rice crispies, but it is just a very good blend of all of them as far as I can tell. Buttery sweet on the inhale with perhaps some mallow and maybe a smidge of rice crispy on the exhale. What would I add (if anything) maybe a more pronounced butter and rice crispy, but even that might not need to happen. Very solid 9/10 for this one. WILL be finishing the tester tank on this one.

5 Likes

Thank you @Fozzy71 and @wvsanta (wvsanta please don’t do any re-mixing on my account, just digging for other thoughts is all).

Fozzy I remembered you mentioning the clove and/or off flavor. I really tried to vape some more of it to try and catch that (perhaps is was IN the honey flavor I felt was the top note for me), but the honey through me out of the room. LOL because I asked my wife to just TRY it, and she wouldn’t LOL (she’s not the best tester helper) but she kept saying the room note smelled of weird flowers LOL. Soo much for my helper.

I’ve bought one maybe two honeys, but have never used them, and I think for me, any/all honeys are not on my happy list.

1 Like

when I could still vape it stand alone my brother’s girlfriend would always ask me wtf I was vaping and make hacking sounds when she went past my clouds. ‘flowers’ sounds like the clove note I get from it.

2 Likes

I mixed it at 2% and tested it at 4 weeks and 5.5 weeks. I didn’t get round to trying it earlier than that.

1 Like

I am looking at 20 ml’s of the 30ml bottle I made 12/18/16 so it is WELL STEEPED just need a clean wick to test again. As I remember it I kind of liked it but thought it needed something and just never got around to doing anything with it.

1 Like