Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Notice this…he didn’t say I was wrong about them being sister companies. He said “uses the super concentrates”…that to me means all 3 of the company’s I mentioned above.

1 Like

Not sure where i read about this but a company called mother murphys is quite possibly a source for many companies. I think, though i may be incorrect, that Walt actually develops his own flavors. I read of him speaking of actual physical ingredients ie pears, apples and cold extraction and things being in season and what not.

2 Likes

thanks for the bread note. burnt popcorn=yuck. i’ll play with the bread SC tomorrow after work. fresh toasted bread with blackberry butter? i stated originally somewhere in here i used .5% BB SC and it is .7% along with 1 drop BB MF. sorry for the mistake. the flavor still faded. seems the bakery flavors hold their own fairly well at low % over 1 month time and the only fruit ive mixed so far was the BB. brown sugar is super fine btw and have been using that .2-.5%

2 Likes

I have not tried IDE as of yet. I think the price point threw me off. They are considered Super Concentrates?

2 Likes

Yep they are super concentrates. I’ve noticed a lot of the same notes in IDE flavors as I’m getting from real flavors. Due to my lack of testing everything I will specifically say this pertains to the Brownie and chocolate flavor. Oh yea and the strawberry seems a bit close too.

3 Likes

This pretty much says everything you said about cold extraction.

1 Like

I suspected at one point that OOO biegnets flavor contained FA Joy but almost impossible to prove.
I have not found a single concentrate that is identical to another. Not sure how similar yet different flavors are developed and most likely falls into the “propreitary info” category . As for IDE flavors the problem was not cost but shipping. I live in Canada and during checkout it tells me NO… Cannot ship to selected adress :frowning:

3 Likes

I guess all this talk about mother murphy doesn’t really matter. It doesn’t matter where they come from. It just makes sense to know that when using these 3 flavor companies together they can make some serious magic when working together. I think that’s the whole point I’m trying to make.

1 Like

Good to know…will reduce my sft % accordingly!

2 Likes

and so can we, when we all work together

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking…toast or sandwich element :+1:

3 Likes

I just got some RF SC’s in a few days ago (Strawberry, yumberry, pink candy, meringue, cream, white chocolate, watermelon, and one VG flavor - super ice cream), but have been unable to mix yet because of having a very sick child (viral infection…102.8 fever…nasty illness but he is slowly getting better) but I am also expecting a few more of them today (coconut, vanilla custard, pear, marshmallow, fried dough, cheesecake, and caramel). I think I will take your theory and run with it! I am going to mix the one’s that suggest to start at 1% to 1.5% and mix them at 0.25% and the one’s that suggest starting at 2% or above I will mix at 0.50%…I normally do not do single flavor testers, but with these new Raw Extracts I feel that it is needed because the suggested starting percentage has not been pinned down as of yet…I will tell you all that I am not great at describing a flavor, but I will do my best to post my findings correctly.

6 Likes

Never heard of them, next time I am over in NJ I will take a few pictures of how the extracts are made. It is just hard because all you see is stainless steel tubing ha. We are one of the that do make our own, it is sort of why my prices are higher… I have a crap ton of overhead haha.

LOL Honestly I did not reply because I had no clue what any of that meant. Help a brother out with these abbreviations. If I followed a bit, I can tell you that a lot of us talk and chat behind the scenes as friends, while some companies read forums like this and hear about new flavors being worked on and then rush to make their own… (One of the reason not a lot of flavor companies talk about their R&D)

Our only sister company is Olympian Labs, it is still in prelaunch but will only be oil based. Crap… There I go again giving away secrets haha.

Ok I give, who is IDE… My computer brain keeps thinking of the cord that plugs old hard drives in.

“We travel to primary locations such as Madagascar and Indonesia to buy the best Grade A beans on the market. With the finest ingredients in hand, we grind the beans and submit them to our exclusive, highly specialized 21-day cold extraction process.”

::cough:: They send a buyer like we do::cough::
Sorry I am fat… I do not do good in warm weather…

Also, nanananana ours is only 14 days :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of people who like to search forums and steal ideas…

Oh no! Hope they feel better soon!

Look forward to it!

10 Likes

Wow thanks for the awsome feedback! I truly look forward to trying these flavors out more! I’m really enjoying the ones I have and I love how active you have been in the group!

Oh yea here’s IDE flavors www.ideflavors.com

2 Likes

Holy clone batman!

I can see why you think we are related. That was like looking in to a mirror from 5 or 6 years ago.

6 Likes

I am doing a little recipe writing this morning , thinking of some idea’s using some of these new SC flavors.
I will be mixing this one up later tonight.I normally don’t make anything public unless it is a proven mix however I have decided to try it with this mix.I am hoping this will help others by making this public and giving people a starting point and to encourage comments.:smiley:

Filthy Fritter V1

Ingredient %
Fried Dough Extract (SC) (REAL FLAVORS) 0.75
Marshmallow (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Vanilla Custard (SC) (Real Flavors ) 0.75
Yumberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.75

Flavor total: 2.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
10 Likes

If I had the MM I’d join you in the adventure…sounds delish! :blush:

2 Likes

Please do so anyway , the MM is nothing more than a sweetener in this mix so it can subbed many ways or simply omitted!:grin:

2 Likes

I’ll mix some up this afternoon then minus the MM :+1::blush:

2 Likes

Excellent , please excuse me as I am out of likes :laughing:

2 Likes