Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I didn’t get any real deep fried from either the DF C&C or DF Sponge Cake.

2 Likes

I think I confused you with my lazy abbreviations, as I had mentioned VC, Vanilla Custard, not VG??

2 Likes

Dripper tips ??? !!! ???

2 Likes

Yes much much better

10 Likes

If only @Walt_RealFlavors could have changed them sooner …

5 Likes

Yes actually. But that’s all good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those bottles were used as a beta test. I am not sure if we are going to keep them or not. (They can not be filled by the machines and have to be hand filled.)

4 Likes

For the sake of reporting @Walt_RealFlavors they all landed in Au with no leaks at all and are quite nice to use (maybe my finger muscles have been built up over time from the others) but these are nice and squeezy

7 Likes

That is positive! What I am doing is honestly letting them all be received and will see home many people email us about damaged bottles. LOL Best way to product test I guess.

7 Likes

I received 6 of the new bottles. No leaks and I love them!

6 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors I can beta test some for you. :blush:

5 Likes

My first all RF recipe which was requested by a friend. Still may add some more tweaks but it is shaping up nicely at this point.

I mixed more testers last night, initial taste test.
Fruit Punch @ 2.5%: Very strong grapefruit, hint of something else in the background
Mixed berries @ 2.5%: Taste just like Sweetarts Twist candy.

We shall see what a steep does for them.

@TheTinMan1
I did the Grape them Apples with Cocoon… yum yum delish!

6 Likes

11 one ounce bottles in my last order 7 soft squeezys with needle tips ( Love them )
4 of the hard side that I have to eyedropper or transfer to a dripper bottle. ( Not so in love ) Even with the included dripper caps the bottles are so hard I can’t squeeze them at all with my old arthritic hands.
All arrived via USPS in a soft bag in bag of bags with no leaks. Wrapped 3 and 4 in a pack.

5 Likes

While I am also Old :slight_smile: I do not have arthritic hands. The Hard 1oz PET bottles are impossible to squeeze. I am praying @Walt_RealFlavors is in the process of changing over all inventory to those Wonderful Soft 1oz bottles with needle tips :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wonder how the flavors will hold up in the new LDPE bottles vs PET.

3 Likes

I don’t like these new dripper bottles. I mix by volume or by weight depending on the batch size. So if I am making something at 2.5% and 120ml batch. That’s 3ml of flavoring I need. Squirting it with the LDPE bottles for volume increases the chance of going over. The diameter of the LDPE opening without the tip is just big enough on most of the bottles for a 1ml syringe, some its a real tight fit. That’s 3 syringe trips for just one flavor. So I’ll have to use either 1ml syringes all the time or get blunt tips for the 5ml syringes and compensate for the tip volume.

Personally, I just prefer the round bottles I have been getting with the big black caps. It just makes for easy acquisition and keeps everything consistent from a recipe perspective. If you mix by drops I can see the attraction to the bottles though. I haven’t found any good use for PET drippers yet.

2 Likes

I mix by weight and prefer drip tops by a far margin. It’s not difficult to get 3-4ml quickly you just have to slow down when you get to about 2/3 of the weight you’re looking for so you dont go over.

8 Likes

You obviously never had a cap come off while trying to do that

2 Likes

No, I have had that happen on a 30ml unicorn though. To be honest the tips on all of my flavors are locked in pretty tight. I was mixing with syringes when I first started and getting the tips off was bitch.

4 Likes

I notice flavorings go bad (loose strength/potency, loose notes etc) much quicker in soft LDPE bottles, like in a year or less sometimes. Probably partially due to easier escaping of the flavoring via evaporation, and some notes probably get absorbed into the bottle too. Leeching plastics over time is also more of a concern with LDPE.

I agree, in some ways the LDPE bottles with tiny tips are good for mixing, but other ways they are not so great. It’s a tough thing to decide on which bottles, both ways have benefits and negatives, and not everyone will ever be pleased with either/or.

7 Likes