Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Exactly. ^^^^

4 Likes

I agree. I mix by weight and love and want the dripper bottles. But I do think the PET dripper bottles would be better to maintain the integrity of the flavorings.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have any hand issues, and have probably now close to 350 flavors. Most are from the manufacturers, some are Bull city rebottled. Some are PET, some are LDPE. The only ones I have an issue with are the SMALL PET bottles, i.e. 10-15ml, and even only some, not all. 30ml PET are not an issue, easy to squeeze. Are you guys having issues with the 30ml PET bottles ??

1 Like

ya i hated that about using syringes , taking off the damn tips i think over time it loosens them up as well

4 Likes

the issues i believe are from the hard plastic 30ml bottles that come with black cap , those are hard as hell

4 Likes

There are some short pet bottles that Walt used that require two hands to get a single drop out of.

3 Likes

I got (some of) the same flavors as Mark!

anyone else tried these?
Interested in your notes or starting %.
ā€¦and Strawberry (SC)

I mixed a bottle of Tropical punch and it seems weak, thinking it needs about 4% for a tank?

6 Likes

I think we all got the same 3 free samples as I have the same list
Strawberry Lemonade (SC)
Tropical Punch (SC)
Lemon Cookie (SC)
plus I got
Blueberry Lemonade Slushie (SC) (Real Flavors)
As I had enough in my cart to kick it up to the 4th free one
Did my usual 3% samplers as soon as they arrived and when I get back to the house from my little road trip Iā€™ll see what they are like.

7 Likes

I let mine sit 4 wks but didnā€™t really get a danish taste at 1.5% But mines the old one just VGā€¦ I was hoping to Add something to beef up the cake part of it .

3 Likes

Rub it in
I not a smart alien

4 Likes

Yup got all 4 just havenā€™t tried yet canā€™t wait to try lemon cookie . Iā€™ve heard strawberry leamonade was good . Guess weā€™re all see what comes up that was a great gift from Walt :blue_heart:

4 Likes

@karen_fuller, I did all my single flavor tests @ 2.5% @ 2 weeks @ 70v/30p. Iā€™ve heard the VG flavors require a much higher %. From my taste testing, Iā€™m not sure increasing the % would bring any more of the danish out. I would have liked much more myself.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure Walt can never win, harder bottles for shipping safety/flavor longevity vs softer bottles for ease of use vs what customers want for mixing vs what other customers want for shipping vsā€¦ vsā€¦ :smirk:

And of course, all that in reverse applies when one set of us mixers think about it one way while another group of mixers consider it from another angle.

I personally think Walt should ship in whatā€™s best for the flavor longevity and shipping, which other than glass I think those Superman canā€™t squeeze rock hard PET bottles are probably the best option. :+1:

5 Likes

Agreed! Superman couldnā€™t squeeze out a drop of the thick hard PET bottles.

There are some very thin usable PET bottles that anyone can squeeze, maybe those are more what @SessionDrummer is referring to? Or maybe weā€™ve not all received the same almost thick as glass 30ml PET from Walt?

The ones Iā€™ve received in a few shipments you would have to use large plumbing pliers to squeeze and then Iā€™m sure they would probably crack if squeezed, so probably not a good idea :scream:

2 Likes

so, sangaria should be red wine + coke right?

1 Like

@R0B Sangria is made from red wine, orange juice and lemon juice - it is a very refreshing Spanish drink

3 Likes

I also did testers, 3% seems to be where the magic happens with the RF (SC)s.
I just finished up the Blueberry Lemonade Slushie. I am using a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme with a .27 oHm resistance build at 90watts. This flavor concentrate is outstanding! I am so impressed, that I went ahead and mixed a 120ml bottle as a standalone.

5 Likes

@Mark_Turner Nice choice. SteamCrave for the win.

2 Likes

Back in my Navy days traveling the world I drank Sangria many times while we were in Spain and what I had was like the Wikipedia description. It was served in a large pitcher with all kinds of chopped up fruit floating in the pitcher.

8 Likes

hiā€™ Folksā€™ Iā€™m new at the DIY Mixing gameā€™ iā€™ve been working on a Lemon meringue pie recipe that lacks somethingā€™
can anyone tell me about the Real flavor Concentratesā€™ esp the lemon Meringue. has anyone tried it ? & what Do You Think ? ā€¦ many thanksā€™.

3 Likes