Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Thanks @Radiocake, @fidalgo_vapes I made this mega dump only because a few people messaged me and said it was a lot of scrolling on the other thread, which I will continue to use. I also continue to add comments to the 2.5% multiple flavor recipie as well (basically same as this thread LOL). I’ve not added any of these comments to the flavor notes area yet, as I do want to retest a few, nail down the %'s.

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer, damn, you’re not only Da Man, but the busy man.

3 Likes

Nice post. I wish I had the same experiance
Rct. I have one recpie someone else posted that I’ll mix soon. All I get is AP and burnt crispy.

I do agree with Marshmallow and butter is there but buried.

3 Likes

How would you compare the Guava to Pink Guava by Flavorah? (If you have had it.)

1 Like

I have not tried FLV Pink Guava so I can’t make a comparison.

1 Like

@Jazzy_girl Thanks to you, I mixed up an EMERGENCY 30ml bottle of DFSC aka Super Twinkie, and couldn’t even let it rest 8 hours. Not bad @ 3% and NO steep.

5 Likes

@JoJo Thanks for splitting. Did we blow up the other thread ??

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah it was over 2K posts and like you said, kind of a pain to get through. Just figured since these are so popular, the thread will just continue to grow. I’d like to keep a single thread open for each manufacturer in the tasting notes section. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer as I’m reading you’re SP description it made me think of the sweet potato dish my Mom used to make. I think she mashed up sweet potatoes with butter a pinch of cinnimon and layers the top with marshmallows. Then baked it until they were golden brown. That would be so yummy in a vape!!! I wonder if it would be possible to make a vape like that?

3 Likes

I found the Sweet Potato Pie a bit weak as well, about to turn that bad boy up!

EDIT:

While I’m here…

Sour Gummy- Had no luck with this at 1.5% so I decided to turn it up to 3, with no luck. Screw it, I’m gonna blast this so I turned it up to a whopping 5%! This still has no sour and no gummy flavor to it. Aside from just a hint of sweetness, I would assume I am just smoking plain VG. Has anyone else had experience with this? After 24 hours, there was no taste and now two weeks later, still nothing. I am going to let it sit for a couple more weeks, but I have yet to have a flavor that tastes like nothing for so long, then turns to gold. Sad.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! That is what I have been waiting to hear about. I will keep the VG version of this one on my favorites list as well as the VG Condensed Milk. Some of them I’m finding are better in the VG version. I’m thinking the Cinnamon Custard is going to be a VG preference as well. The new cinnamon just isn’t the same:)

Thank you for all your tasting notes, they are extremely helpful and I know time consuming! They are much appreciated!

5 Likes

You’re very welcome @MysticRose

5 Likes

My mom made the same dish… mostly around holidays and it was great. I have SP SC RF and it’s not the same. It’s one of the 1st SC RF I bought and it’s just ok… It need a lot of help.

3 Likes

That’s what I felt…

3 Likes

All tests were done at 1.5%, 80/20 vg/pg
DNA 75 / 0.35ohm / 45W / 415F / goon clone & mad dog rda’s
Tested at one week, and again at two weeks.

Strawberry: After the first week I noted that it tasted of strawberry taffy and was kinda weak. After 2 weeks it matures into a much more realistic wild strawberry jam flavor. First week I wasnt all that impressed but it has now become one of my new favorite strawberries. (Single 2-3% mix 1-2%)

Rhubarb: From week 1-2 it moves from a push pops hard candy flavor into a nice rhubarb compote. This will be strawberries best friend. a bit weak at 1.5, but not really a stand alone flavor anyway. (single 2-2.5% mix 1-2.5%)

Bergamot: Great Flavor! very unique citrus flavor, slight cooling effect. This flavor becomes more complex as it ages (as do all of them) Once some of the top notes dissipate the flavor is citrus, earthy, and slightly floral but not in a bad way. Love it on its own, and feel like it will have many applications. (single 1.5 - 2.5% mix 0.5-1.5%)

Pineapple: This one was too weak for me at 1.5%. reminded me of a pineapple soda I had in hawaii, but again 1.5% was too weak for me to say anything solid. I will re-try at 2.5%

French toast V2: Spice infused Maple syrup, Vanilla, cinnamon, egg and bread. In that order. Great flavor, close your eyes, its spot on french toast, every note. I didn’t actually think I would like this one but i really do. Rounds out in week 2, but was great after one week.
(Single 1.5% mix 0.3- 1.5%)

Guava: Flavor increases by second week, realistic guava. Not as sweet as I would like or “ripe”. No chemical taste, slight bitter notes. Cant personally see doing a single of this one. (mix 0.3- 1.5%)

Lemon: First week it tasted just like pez lemon candy, down to the calkyness. Week 2 it rounded out, chalkyness removed. Seems to actually become fresher tasting, still get that pez candy taste, but i like it. (single 2- 3% mix 0.5- 2%)

Honeydew: WOW! Imagine the freshest, ripest honeydew, glistening in the sun. Now imagine plunging your face into that beautiful fruit and eating the whole thing, hands free. The most realistic flavor i have ever tasted. 1.5 was a bit light, i mixed a 30ml with nic at 2.5% as soon as i had tasted it on week 1.
Beautiful flavor!!! (single 2- 3.5% mix 1-2%)

Pear: Flavor becomes much stronger in week 2. Yellow pear, fresh, bit too sweet for me. would be good with the assistance from another pear. I get slight alcohol notes form time to time. (single 2- 3% mix 0.5- 1%)

Cream: Cream of what? cream of maple syrup and butter? yes! I dont know what kind of cream you guys get in america, but it tastes fucking amazing!! Great flavor, perfectly rounded, no chemical taste. I am not a big fan of cream type flavors, but i absolutely love this…again, not what i thought “cream” was going to taste like, but who cares! (single 1.5- 2% mix 0.5- 1.5%)

Blue Raspberry: Week one it tasted just like the purple hubba bubba gum. week 2 it matured into more of a Pillsbury blueberry toaster struddle filling with a slight hint of blue raspberry in the background. Great flavor, but not a true blue raspberry flavor. Love it just the same!!
(single 1.8- 2.5% mix 1-2%)

Lime: Like a cold lime snow cone at the fair. Crisp and delicious, just the right amount of sweet. well rounded, no chemical taste. best lime ive ever had. (single 2- 2.5% mix 1- 2%)

Peach: weak at 1.5% flavor is there but not strong enough to call. will re-try at 2.5%
(single 2.5- 3.5% mix 1.5- 2.5%)

Coconut cream pie: This was not my favorite…actually it was kinda the only one i really didnt like. possibly too high at 1.5%. Also not a flavor I would usually like, but thought id give it a try. flavor is a bit overbearing to me. (single No recomendation mix 0.3- 1%)

In conclusion, all flavors benefit strongly by steeping. i found the flavors went from candy like to much more realistic flavors in the 2 week steeping period. none of the flavors had any chemical taste at any point in the steeping process. all of them are very well rounded flavors that do not seem to need much assistance to get them to where i want them to be. Very happy with my first order of Real Flavors.
now to start putting them all toghether!! Muhahahahahaha!!

15 Likes

oh right…almost forgot.
Pen: writes great, lights up. not much taste
Lanyard: no flavor whatsoever, holds stuff on neck though
Tumbler cup: Works great, holds liquids, has the flavor of whatever liquid you put in it!!!

13 Likes

It’s also a stylus!

4 Likes

It just keeps getting better!!

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer thanks for your tasting notes and expert summary! Can I ask a few questions on your mixing method? i’m new to super concentrates and I have been playing around with the RF SC for a little while now. I have found them to be quite a harsh vape. What do your %'s of VG / PG / SC /.NIC look like? Do you just shake and then steep? Or do you use a hot bath etc. Steep with lid on or off etc. Sorry for all the questions, i just want these to work as they have great potential.

1 Like

@bakersdozen1 Thank you for your MIS-placed trust in me, hehe, but thank you, means a lot. Be glad to share my butchered madness method of testing.

First off, I’ve noticed that due to the alcohol content, if you shake and vape RF SC’s they WILL beat you with the harsh stick. As far as my testing, I’m doing sooo many flavors, no patience for doing different things for different flavors, I’m doing everything the exact same way. Low tech, but it works.

Mixing ALL @ 2.5% RF SC, 70Vg/30Pg, and 3mg NIC from Nude Nicotine. All in el cheapo 15ml LDPE plastic bottles. ALL are hand shaken very briskly until you can see the bottles riddled with micro bubbles. Tagged, dated, and sit on a shelf simple steeping. No heat, wands, mixers, nothing, just 2 weeks (at least) of simple steeping.

Once the 2 week clock runs out, I start testing them one by one in a Steam Crave RDTA v.1 with simple dual kanthal claptons @ .30 ohms, between 35-45 watts. I specifically chose that older setup because what’s the sense in using some off the wall, esoteric device, better to use a simple, great tasting device for a good taste test.

I never take the lids off unless I’m mixing, or pouring into the tank. I’ve been VERY smitten with the deep fried sponge cake, and freaked out during testing (LOL), mixed up a fast 30ml bottle, and vaped right away (man it is good), and I did notice it was a LITTLE (and I mean just a little) bit harsh, which I’m sure is/was the alcohol. Tell me what mixes you are using, and your setup, and/or steep times, maybe we can figure out what harshness you’re getting and why.

7 Likes