Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Black Label Banana: Has anyone tested this out yet? I figured there would be notes in the database by now!

I’ve used it in a few mixes so far, and it is difficult to figure out. Compared to regular Banana RFSC, it is much more subtle/delicate and warmer/more ripe/real. It’s more difficult for me to detect than the regular, which is very good and very noticeable in a mix.

I am just about to have a mixing session, so I’ll knock out a few SFT @ 1, 2.5 and 5% and see how it goes.

Edit: Woohoo! I’ll get to the bottom of these and write some notes!

5 Likes

The cookies and creme was the first, and after a 4-5 week steep it goes way down, fully gone at 2 months. I do a 6 week single flavor test run on almost all new flavors I get, and am about to wrap up sft on rfsc Pina colada, chocolate milkshake, strawberry milkshake, fruity pebbles type, raspberry, blueberry, and lemon cookie, of all of these flavors the only one I didn’t get some kind of harshness from was the blueberry. I’m in week 5 this week and the only flavor that remains slightly harsh is the Pina colada, and that’s only on higher wattage setups. All of the sc flavors I have tried from rf, even the fruits, seem to need at least 3 weeks to become a smooth vape for me, some more some less. Idk what it is that makes it hit my throat like that but I haven’t had one not steep out yet. It doesn’t matter to me, my primary Vapes are custards so I’m used to mixing stuff now for next month lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t tried any of those! I have quite a few of the SC and like most of them. Really, the Cheesecake is the only one I don’t like. Thought I did in the beginning, but my taste finally caught up with the consensus. Still haven’t had any harsh hits from any. Sorry to see you’re sensitive to them, but glad you can steep it out!

1 Like

It’s ok, I seem to get a little harshness from a lot of Different flavors, mostly fruits. i have learned to work around it by adding things to fruit to mellow it out, like creams and for some reason candy flavors like tfa sweet & tart seem to take the edge off without a long steep. It works out though, if I’m vaping fruit I want it to be creamy or candy anyway lol. The rf sc chocolate milkshake has a lot of potential, so far I have only tested it in the 30-45 watt range, this week it will get dripped on some 70w+ setups, but as of my current tests it tastes like the Hershey syrup that came in the can, idk if you can even buy that kind anymore lol not really a milkshake but a great chocolate flavor. I have liked the majority of the rfsc flavors I have tried, and the soda base is quickly becoming part of every fruit and candy mix I make. The aged bourbon creme is glorious, I made a custard recipe built around it lol and I’m working on one with fa oak wood and the aged bourbon creme with a lil toasted marshmallow.

4 Likes

Sir are you talking about SC or VG version

1 Like

French Toast Black Label (SC) (Real Flavors) 3% (5-25-18) – Was a huge fan of the original RF SC French Toast v.1 so when I heard about a new Black Label, had to try it. This is an improvement on the v.1, as you immediately hit with a delicious buttery bakery-ness that the original didn’t have. This is followed up by some egg as well as some maple syrup. There might be a smidge of cinnamon on the end note, and if so, very subtle. Having been asked quite a bit how this one is different from the v.1 the easiest comparison would be more bread, egg, and bakery. This doesn’t mean the v.1 is better or worse, but different. Haven’t steeped this one yet, so these are all fresh mixed results. Steeping results will be added if noteworthy. With the increased butter, bread, and egg, this one (like the v.1 SC flavor) just seems like a winner all the way around. The maple syrup is in there, with maybe a touch of cinnamon, which just works really well, as a blended masterpiece. There was mention that this had the RF SC Black Label Vanilla in it, and although I cannot pick it out, means it is craftily layered into the mix. 10/10 on this one. If you liked the RF SC v.1 French Toast, you will love this one.

16 Likes

Thanks for the notes! I didnt like the regular french toast but maybe i’ll go back and try a different % than whatever i tried.

Was wondering if anyone had tried any of the other black labels they put up recently? Holiday Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Ripe Banana, madagascar Vanilla, Blue Hawaiian, Blue Raz…
Theyre selling them in $3.99 10ml bottles so i might just try a couple blind! Would have used whatever the latest correct rf thread is but theres so many, lol

2 Likes

My OP thread won’t allow any further adds due to it’s size. Continuing…

Sugar Cub SC @ 2.5% (6-4-17) – 2 weeks steeping to find out if you can stuff animal crackers into a bottle. RF calls them cinnamon graham cracker cookies, but I’m getting a FULL ON animal crackers. I know the RF SC Graham and it MIGHT be in there, but it’s such a nice, even mix, I’m not getting any standout flavors in front, not getting any cinnamon either. With that said, this is delicious. Sweet, some cream, vanilla, and cookie. Surely seems almost exactly animal crackers. This one’s going to be hard to nail to a value, as for a Sugar Cub I think animal crackers, but their description says cinnamon graham which I am not getting. Think I’m going to go with the name and rate this at a 9/10. If you are needing cinnamon / graham, it’s not really here, but if you can a delicious animal cracker (cookie) flavor, it is, in spades.

Cherry Limeade SC @ 2.5% (6-4-17) – I’m a huge fan of Sonic’s Cherry Limeade, so waited 2 weeks to see if this would fill the bill. Unlike most CL’s I’ve drank where the cherry soda is the star, that wasn’t the case. The lime was far more forward, and if there was a cherry it was buried. Somewhat sweet, but not what you’d expect from a drink flavor. It wasn’t bitter, but the lime was pushing towards that direction. Nice and limey, but really wasn’t picking up on the cherry or cherry soda sweetness. Maybe better description might have been “somewhat sweet limeade with …”. Going 4/10 on this one.

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread SC @ 2.5% (6-4-17) – 2 weeks was HARD to wait to try this one, as it smells very good in the bottle. Great news is, it tastes even BETTER when vaping it !!! Very rich and full chocolate with sweetness on the inhale, and the hazelnut joins that on the exhale. Damn near perfect pairing of choco and hazel, with probably choco being a little stronger than the hazel, but a really good balancing. Would be very curious to see what @Alisa thinks as she is the Hazel Goddess. Vaping and typing here, the delicious rich inhale cannot be understated with this one. I think RF has another WINNER here. Easy 10/10.

Cherry SC @ 2.5% (6-7-17) – Don’t think I’ve tried a cherry I like yet (haven’t tried the INW cherries yet). Must be a hard flavor to make (right) or everyone would be doing it. 2 weeks of waiting, JUST to see. This one is a hard one to nail down. First things first, the bad. It really doesn’t hit me as a cherry. Smelling it it smells like maybe a somewhat rainier maybe ? It doesn’t vape like one. It’s somewhat sweet, but with some tartness, and sometimes if you repeat hit it, it kinda tastes like cherry, but I’m almost getting cranapple at times ?? WTF is this ??? I’m repeat vaping while typing this. The inhale is a sweet fruit like feel/taste and it WANTS to be a big cherry on the exhale, but it’s just not there. You shouldn’t have to WORK IT to make it happen. Surely could be used in a cherry base mix for sure. The good, well it’s NOT chemically, or artificial tasting, and NO cough syrup here, but I just don’t get that overwhelming YES CHERRY from it. It’s in there somewhere, and it peeks out time and again, but the cherry doesn’t own this flavor. Mixer, definitely, maybe boost one or more cherries, sure, but as the just can’t see it as the one taking the cherry to the finish line. Super hard to rate. Purge, vape, purge, vape. Going to roll with a 3.5/10 here guys. Suuuure with this one vaped like it smelled.

Grape SC @ 2.5% (6-7-17) – Have not had the best luck with grapes, so had 2 weeks to think about this one. After a few vapes, I think I like this. Pretty damned nice grape. Doesn’t seem to be a straight white, or purple grape, but more of a concord, and pretty close to a Grape Nehi soda. Very nice, full, and sweet @ 2.5% and still vaping it revealed NO offputting flavors, or artificial tastes to it. The more I vape it, the better it gets. Hmmmm, I think this is a pretty nice grape. Sweet and full in the inhale, and pretty close to a grape explosion on the exhale. Everyone’s “perfect” grape may be different, but this one is full of grape, and right in the middle, around a concord/grape soda. Continued vaping leaves me unable to find any shortcomings on this. Very surprised. An easy 9.5/10 for me on this one.

French Toast Black Label (SC) (Real Flavors) 3% (5-25-18) – Was a huge fan of the original RF SC French Toast v.1 so when I heard about a new Black Label, had to try it. This is an improvement on the v.1, as you immediately hit with a delicious buttery bakery-ness that the original didn’t have. This is followed up by some egg as well as some maple syrup. There might be a smidge of cinnamon on the end note, and if so, very subtle. Having been asked quite a bit how this one is different from the v.1 the easiest comparison would be more bread, egg, and bakery. This doesn’t mean the v.1 is better or worse, but different. Haven’t steeped this one yet, so these are all fresh mixed results. Steeping results will be added if noteworthy. With the increased butter, bread, and egg, this one (like the v.1 SC flavor) just seems like a winner all the way around. The maple syrup is in there, with maybe a touch of cinnamon, which just works really well, as a blended masterpiece. There was mention that this had the RF SC Black Label Vanilla in it, and although I cannot pick it out, means it is craftily layered into the mix. 10/10 on this one. If you liked the RF SC v.1 French Toast, you will love this one.

Banana Split (SC) (Real Flavors) 3% (6-10-18) – Starting up some new testing with the BS. Tested fresh mixed and steeped, and it richens after steeping (recommended). Is quite good to say the least. Banana, ice cream, pineapple, cherry, and maybe a hint of chocolate. It has an overall sweet creaminess to it you would expect in a BS. It’s actually quite surprising that with all the present elements you can taste them all, as opposed to a mash up. 10/10. Additional Notes – After vaping yet ANOTHER 3 tanks of this lil’ gem, it became clear it reminded me of …

17 Likes

As always, great info. Thank you so much for your time and efforts. I ordered a couple of those new flavors along with the freebies from a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I never got it. It was sent and USPS says they delivered it, but had to be to a neighbor because I never got it. I filed a complaint and asked Real Flavors to as well, which they did immediately. Great customer service. I’ll eventually reorder. That Black Label FT was one, and the holiday pie? Have you tried that one yet?

2 Likes

Wonderful work @SessionDrummer and darn you! My ELR shopping list just got longer. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I like this one a lot also. currently about half way thru a 220ml mix of it I made back in February. It is actually what I am vaping on at this very moment.

3 Likes

@Fozzy71 What do you think, the description sound like what you’re getting as well ?? This one was one of the first ones I ran out of. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @MysticRose and @Leilani. Sorry about the late post on the earlier ones, I had forgotten that my OP post had run out of room, and forgot to start another one up.

3 Likes

yeah, you describe it more accurately than they do on their site imo. i am half way thru my 30ml bottle of concentrate and I have went back to their site more than once (probably each time I mix a 100 or 200ml batch) to re-read their description because it wasn’t quite what I was expecting, but I still like it a lot. I have been mixing mine at 3.5 and 4% and think I added a little stevia to my current batch.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @Fozzy71 that means a lot to me.

2 Likes

I am so mixing that right now, forgot I had it.

Thanks man, your notes are always so damn good!

1 Like

I’m not as elegant of a writer as some… but when comparing it to liquid barn on a single flavor test

Liquid barn the only thing that sticks in my mind was this is good in a pen unit but in my mod . damn this needs a sweetener or something

The black label blue raspberry doesn’t need anything . Think I might substitute black label for liquid barn in some of the recipes I make.

Edit: hope this helps

3 Likes

Thanks! Everything helps, even if its just a “its good!”. Lol. Imo, all notes help, especially when theres not much written about a flavor. Your note did well enough to tell me that i should probably check it out. Thanks.

2 Likes

How long did you steep before testing? I made mine at 3% and tested at about the 36 hour mark, got almost no flavor from it…I think I might have trouble tasting blue raz vapes, I have tried all of them I know about except for liquid barns and the only one I have had any luck with is flavor revolution electric blue

3 Likes

50/50 Shake n vape

Made some 70vg/30pg yesterday letting sit not as much flavor as 50/50 . Going to retest in a few days…

Edit:
My mod and tank

Tfv12 with the 10coil
And smok mag
@120w

2 Likes