Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

It just keeps getting better!!

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer thanks for your tasting notes and expert summary! Can I ask a few questions on your mixing method? i’m new to super concentrates and I have been playing around with the RF SC for a little while now. I have found them to be quite a harsh vape. What do your %'s of VG / PG / SC /.NIC look like? Do you just shake and then steep? Or do you use a hot bath etc. Steep with lid on or off etc. Sorry for all the questions, i just want these to work as they have great potential.

1 Like

@bakersdozen1 Thank you for your MIS-placed trust in me, hehe, but thank you, means a lot. Be glad to share my butchered madness method of testing.

First off, I’ve noticed that due to the alcohol content, if you shake and vape RF SC’s they WILL beat you with the harsh stick. As far as my testing, I’m doing sooo many flavors, no patience for doing different things for different flavors, I’m doing everything the exact same way. Low tech, but it works.

Mixing ALL @ 2.5% RF SC, 70Vg/30Pg, and 3mg NIC from Nude Nicotine. All in el cheapo 15ml LDPE plastic bottles. ALL are hand shaken very briskly until you can see the bottles riddled with micro bubbles. Tagged, dated, and sit on a shelf simple steeping. No heat, wands, mixers, nothing, just 2 weeks (at least) of simple steeping.

Once the 2 week clock runs out, I start testing them one by one in a Steam Crave RDTA v.1 with simple dual kanthal claptons @ .30 ohms, between 35-45 watts. I specifically chose that older setup because what’s the sense in using some off the wall, esoteric device, better to use a simple, great tasting device for a good taste test.

I never take the lids off unless I’m mixing, or pouring into the tank. I’ve been VERY smitten with the deep fried sponge cake, and freaked out during testing (LOL), mixed up a fast 30ml bottle, and vaped right away (man it is good), and I did notice it was a LITTLE (and I mean just a little) bit harsh, which I’m sure is/was the alcohol. Tell me what mixes you are using, and your setup, and/or steep times, maybe we can figure out what harshness you’re getting and why.

7 Likes

Never a problem, KEEP them coming mate.

3 Likes

Tá áthas orm gur féidir le mo nótaí cabhrú leat amach maité

1 Like

@SessionDrummer Thanks so much for your clarification! Very much appreciated mate. I’m pretty much the same method, but maybe I haven’t been a) shaking the cons enough before mixing and b) being patient enough for letting them sit solely for 2 weeks LOL. Plus i’ve read too much about mixing with alcohol based concentrates and letting them sit in a hot bath for the alcohol to burn off, leaving lids off etc. So i appreciate your simple approach and will be happy to keep that in mind. I’m all for keeping it simple and not over-thinking stuff. I thin i’m currently over-thinking it.

With your %'s do you count the flavorings as PG or do you have them as something extra on top? I use PG nic, so i also mix at 3MG and include this in my PG ratio.

Have been mixing with VCustard, Strawberry, Pancake, Cake Batter, Peanut Butter and Fried Dough. I also found that if I mix them with other (non SC) flavors, they seem to come out less harsh.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure they use a different carrier, not PG, but I load them in the calculator as PG.

2 Likes

the flavors do not contain pg, they go down as “other” - well, better not. or im outa here lol
do not count them as pg.

4 Likes

Awesome notes! I’ve gotten so lazy with mine recently.

2 Likes

Impressive! Thank you for making my mixing time simpler and more productive! :slight_smile: Great job!

2 Likes

“Other” is just such an OPEN thing, … I’m afraid …

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@BullCityFlavors aka Joe, I’m afraid to ask, but BCF gives you a discount right ??

:slight_smile:

I would love to see your stash…

2 Likes

Hah,

Well, I’m an operations manager so I have control over the inventory, and if I’m not taking anything home, I don’t have to “buy” anything. you know. for science. But I have been mixing since 2009/2010, so when I cut my stash down, it was still at around 500 flavors, but since I started here I’ve done all my mixing at work, so I just brought everything in. I’ll take a picture of our mixing station for you tomorrow. =)

7 Likes

That’s it, I love you guys, and I’m figuring I could just save us BOTH some money, by moving down, filling out an app. and start working for ya. FYI I’m great at leaving random messages, and drawing in stick figures, which works great on packing slips I hear. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just so you know, our hiring process requires extensive knowledge of vaping FA Crab, FA White Truffle, and FLV Brie Cheese.

7 Likes

We expect detailed flavor notes, written in tears.

8 Likes

{O_o}

Man, you guys really know how to STACK the deck !!!

2 Likes

I’m 99% joking, but the owner has tricked most of the employees into vaping crab juice at one time or another. =P

4 Likes

WHEW, I actually started UN-packing. I’ve not had the luxury of trying THAT little gem, but I’ve heard things…

2 Likes

@Bob_Bitchen would fit right in

5 Likes