Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Can i use FA Banana instead?

2 Likes

Well, there is really only one way to find out, hehe. I havent tried Banana FA but both Banana SCRF and Banana Cream LA work quite well at low %s. I might even go lower on the mix above the next time i mix it.

5 Likes

Very interesting, I would have never guessed that banana would make blueberry pop. Magik, indeed.

4 Likes

As i read it it is used together with 2% BB RFSC so not only MF BB…

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I learned it from watching YOU :joy:

BTW I am mixing this up soonest

8 Likes

Yep, 2.2% total BB between the SC and MF.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m just referencing the MF part. They each provide their own aspect of the blueberry. My muffin recipe only uses one blueberry though.

1 Like

Interesting to say the least. Maybe a few others can chime in on their experience/builds/setups w./ the BB to see what we get. I’m curious to find out.

3 Likes

I think the setup you use should be by your name like a tag/ signature. I know people may use multiple setups but you could just put your most used one there.

@daath
Thoughts?

2 Likes

Dont be so modest, good sir. If not for you i probably wouldnt have gone down that road. Your search for a good BB YOG led you to it, necessity, mothers and something about inventions… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have added banana…FA Banana.willl let u guys know.
How it tastes soon. Thanks

3 Likes

@Ken_O_Where… any reviews for SC RF Apple…?

2 Likes

To me the apple is a mix of apples like a cloudy apple juice with cooked sort of taste to it - it has that cooked sweetness - if you want a tart apple this is not my go to but it is great for boosting apple pie or a cooked apple type bakery. I find around .8 - 1% in a mix and and sf at around 2 ish %

Not sure if anyone has put any notes up on it check the flavour list and the rf tasting notes part 1

7 Likes

I havent even mixed it yet, love the smell tho. Ill keep that in mind when i test it, something like that would be fantastic in bakery mixes.

Now we just need that cooked pear, @Walt_RealFlavors ;), that the VG was. Man that stuff was good!

5 Likes

Is it just me or does blueberry lemonade slushie have koolada or menthol in it? I figured it would have koolada due to the name (slushie) but after steeping for five days it seems more like menthol. Personally not a fan. I’ll have to alter it per Kens advice! Thx

3 Likes

What percentage did u use?

1 Like

Another thing that helps blueberry pop is a drop of lemon juice. Sometimes I use juicy lemon cap in my blueberry muffin recipe. I only use 1 drop per 10ml. I’d imagine any lemon flavor would work though.

I’ve used blueberry mf up to 1.5%. I do know it’s something that definetly benefits from a 2 week to 1 month steep. I also like to add a drop of tart and sour to it.

3 Likes

Added 5 drops of FA banana to the mix…all flavours gone. Can get a hint of banana in the end but BB that i was getting is gone. Will make another one tonight with 4% and steep for 2 weeks and report the result.

1 Like

Lemon juice from super market u mean?

1 Like

Sorry, I’m blank. What are you asking me about?! :smiley: I really should try and get more sleep :laughing:

7 Likes