Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

I think this is a great idea, can we implement it, there should be a drop down list of the mods and stuff that we can select and then it shows up when we do things, and people will like it and it shows what we have so people dont always ask us and then we will cheech

P.S there is already an area for this… Preferences -> Profile :wink:

5 Likes

Yes pure lemon juice. I’ve also used other lemon flavors such as cap juicy lemon.

2 Likes

I did go pretty high for a single flavor mix I used 4./. Was going to try another mix with the Magic treatment lol but at 2.5./. As well. Thx @Ken_O_Where

4 Likes

This may be the Apple I’ve been searching for in my quest to recreate Liquid State Apple Butter.

6 Likes

Pretty please, no setup connected to the names and even more pretty please with a cherry on top no clutter signature at the end of each post. It will totally be abused by people and make it look hideous in the threads.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

I agree :+1:
Mark Turner
SWM 53
Enjoys Fishing/Daughters/DIYing
Set Up;
Aromamizer Supreme
Dual 24g K1 5wrap 3mmID
.3oHm resistance @ 85-100watts
:grinning::flushed::smiley::joy::bomb::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Point taken i hope :laughing:

3 Likes

I use nothing but RealFlavors VG line as I am PG intolerant and cannot and will not knowingly introduce any PG (or PDO) into my mixes to any appreciable percentage. The Super Concentrate line of flavorings are apparently the same flavor base as what is in the VG line except for the suspension liquid. To summarize, the Super Concentrates are pure flavoring material sans the base suspension (such as VG, PG, PDO, etc…). Hence they add no PG or VG element to the mix when calculating percentages.

Being a fan of AUTHENTIC fruity flavors most of the RF fruits I have tried so far are very closely modeled to emulate the real thing rather than a sugary or candy coated VERSION of the real thing like many other flavor OEMS. My next endeavor will be with watermelon which I will try via a Super Concentrated version. If RF lives up to its rep thus far, I can hope to expect a very nice fruity NON CHEMICALLY tasting watermelon. Too many other flavor OEMs have gotten it so wrong so we’ll see if RF gets it right as they have already on so many others.

3 Likes

LOL This is exactly what I feared. I guess we should just stick to asking about each others setup.

3 Likes

That’s why we no likey signatures :smiley: It would spoil the clean beauty of the forum! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Dirty forums SUCK, but I don’t see why we can’t pimp some BUNNIES !!!

http://www.hddesktopbackgrounds.us/backgrounds-images/1920x1080/0pgn7-wallpapers-571728178-1920x1080.jpg

3 Likes

@ MR and @mjag i just mixed Cinn Custard, 1, 1.5 and 2 percent and bread pudding will be here in a couple days, V1. Ill do the same with it and report back.

MR, i was just about to offer to send 10ml of each but i have 50+ empties with no tips or tops. :confused:

4 Likes

That’s sweet, but I trust your taste buds. I’m curious as to if the flavor is the same and they have any body and mouth feel. I can wait for your results, I’m still stocked on the VG version for awhile I think.

5 Likes

Soooooooo, I have been looking for a good butter cream (buttercream? I have seen both spellings) and was wondering if you have tried RF SC Butter Cream?

I read your notes on Purilum Butter Cream and was surprised to see that it had a very up front butter taste, especially since Nicotine River has said, multiple times that diketones are not being used in any of the PUR flavors. Quite an accomplishment on their end.

What is your favorite Butter Cream? I have CAP and FW, but neither are satisfactory.

@mjag @Fozzy71 @Radiocake
Looking through the part 1 thread, it appears you guys have gotten your hands on the butter cream, any thoughts in comparison to other butter creams you may have?

2 Likes

I cant compare it with any other butter creams, i havent tried any, sorry. I got a few RF scs for the first time not long ago and that was one of them, i was looking for something that would go with a caramel butterscotch concoction im messing with so thought i would give it a shot. Mixed at 2%, 70/30 0nic… tested with a goon rda on a mech. duel claptons at 0.2… been steeping ten days and i tried it yesterday, take into consideration im a relative noob and havent reviewed flavours before here`s my 2cents after a 10 day steep… all i got was a bland slightly creamy kind of vape, not as much mouthfeel or creaminess i was hoping for… and to me certainly no taste of butter. Going to leave it another week and see whats up then, gonna bump a new tester upto 3% in the meantime and go from there. Sorry for the lack of indepth tasting notes, but thought it would be rude not to reply and give at least some input back… the notes on here have been invaluable to me. Cheers.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

No, I haven’t.

Yes, I agree. I am very impressed with some of their flavors.[quote=“Pentine, post:176, topic:139196”]
What is your favorite Butter Cream? I have CAP and FW, but neither are satisfactory.
[/quote]

I haven’t tried FW. But I do have Cap, and Purilum beats it by a mile for my personal tastes. Of those 2 (the only ones I’ve tried) Purilum is my favorite!

5 Likes

I haven’t really tested the RFSC butter cream on it’s own, just in a couple of mixes. I have FW and Cap as well. based on smell the RFSC is the richest, sorry, that’s all the insight I can offer. Now that you mentioned it though I will have to use it a little more, sort of forgot about it.

4 Likes

Have been slacking off on the testing due to our missing cat. 10 days of stress, flyers, casing the neighborhood, etc. Swiper magically showed back up (these cats are killing me lol), AND I just happened to have 10 RF SC’s at their 2 week steeper done, so let the games commence. On deck: Aged Bourbon Creme, Strawberry Rhubarb, Cherry Limeade, Blueberry Lemonade Slushy, Mocha, Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, Sugar Cub, Melon Melody, Grape, Cherry.

9 Likes

Aged Bourbon Creme 2.5% (6-2-17) – 2 weeks of waiting to see if vaping bourbon was my thing or not, never vaped bourbon before. As it turns out, bourbon vapes are NOT my thing hehe, BUT, this is one HELL of a good vape. Besides the fact that I’d rather drink it (hehe), this is a very good, full vape. Smelling it I think the creme was in the front, but vaping it, the Bourbon clearly was the top note. On the inhale I got more creme then the bourbon but on the exhale the bourbon kicked into first place. Probably sounds strange that I don’t seem to like bourbon in a vape, yet describe this as an OUTSTANDING flavor, but you gotta be fair. Not overpowering at all, VERY good ratio/mix of bourbon to creme, great mouthfeel, and to me, you are left with a lovely lingering taste of bourbon in your mouth afterwards. Not sure which part is supposed to be “aged” but it just, damn, works !!! Wow, how do I rate something NOT in my wheelhouse, yet is OUTSTANDING !!! ?? I would encourage other liquor vape experts to chime in, as I am clearly not, but this one (takes another vape), is about 100% what it says it is. I can’t vote any less, than a 9.8/10 on this one. .2 off because liquor vapes confuse me LOL. If you like bourbon, I don’t think you can go wrong with this one.

7 Likes

First I will thank you for taking the time to read this wall of text, it turned out a little longer than I expected.

Now for the reason I am posting here, I am looking for replies from anyone who has tried the following RF SC flavours. Kiwi, Raspberry, Cherry, Lemon, Watermelon, Graham cracker, Soda Base, and did these flavours seem particularly weak?

After reading all the positive reviews online for products in the range I decided to order a number of samples from a company here in the UK that rebottles these concentrates for sale. I will not name the company as it is not my intention to start mud slinging on the forums.

However, the samples I received were extremely weak, all were mixed at 70/30 with 3mg nic and around 1%-2% concentrate as a starting point. As I usually do with new mixes/concentrates, after an initial 2 week steep, each mix was tested using a dripper with fresh cotton. And in every instance there was little or no flavour, at that point, based on initial testing, I increased the percentage of each concentrate to around 6-8% and left them to steep for another week before testing again.

Sadly, the results were much the same very weak flavour profiles, so to double check I asked several others to try the mixes but they all reported the same experience with the mixes as me. At this point I resorted to trying several of the concentrates neat on the tongue, and was shocked at how little taste there was from concentrates with a suggested starting point of 1%-2.5%. They were more typical of concentrates like Solub Arome which require 10%-20%, the Graham cracker in particular had barely any flavour at all neat.

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, as I was really keen to start mixes with flavours from this range. I know some flavours require more than the suggested starting point, however, these samples seemed so far off the mark I can only assume something is wrong with them, I would need to vape some like the Graham cracker neat to taste anything.

I contacted the vendor to let them know there was a problem with the concentrates, not asking for a refund or replacements, simply to let them know there was potentially an issue. To say that they were dismissive would be an understatement, insisting they had numerous emails about how good these flavours were.

At this point I am now second guessing my results and is one of the reasons for reaching out here for others experiences with the same flavours. The other is that I am still keen to continue with mixes from this range, albeit from a different vendor should others suggest good results from these particular flavours.

4 Likes