Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ecigexpress: Complaints about the website

Have u ever tried MF blackberry? It’s the best I’ve ever had!

5 Likes

Uh Oh, adding flavs to da cart for the 20% weekend sale, and I see I get a gift prize !!!

3 Likes

I know I got that as one of my freebies. I’m still waiting on @Walt_RealFlavors to bring out a cocoa flavor. I’ve had good luck with JF and FA (only problem is u have to vape such low watts with FA and JF cocoa is a little on the weaker side.)

2 Likes

Funny that my wife asked me why cant I order a Beaver Tail flavour as I was ordering elephant ear, pakzki, cinnamon donut, etc. and this popped up. Great timing!

4 Likes

now you tell me lol

1 Like

Vanilla Custard SC 2.5% (4-11-17) – 2 week steep and the first take away was more of a vanilla creme, much like the Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Creme donut with the white filling. Maybe even has the white confectioners sugar on top. Very good flavor, not getting much custard, but still very tasty. Probably one of the better vanilla’s out there. Unsure if increasing % or steeping longer would bring out any custard notes. As a custard I give it 6/10, but as a vanilla creme I’d give it 10/10.

5 Likes

The baked bread is lovely if mixed with FLV biscotti. It creates a toast flavor. Justt add butter + jam or peanut butter or both!
Peanut butter toast

1.5% FLV biscotti
0.25 RF SC baked bread
1% Cap Golden butter
1% Lor butter
0.75% TFA butter
1.5% RF peanut butter
0.25% NF peanut butter
2% TFA peanut butter

7 Likes

Tried Cookies and Cream at 2.5% and it has a tremendously rich flavor to it! It has only been a week but I can definitely understand why everyone is buying this flavor!

Starts to taste weak after vaping on it for a while, might try a 2% mix and see how it goes.

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit
I have Wild Cherry and am making a single flavor batch of it tonite, will let you know how it is as soon as I know.

I purchased this over the regular Cherry for I feared that the Cherry would lean more toward standard, almost cough medicine cherry while I had a feeling the Wild Cherry would be more sweet and sour.

@mixologist13
Would the baked bread work well for a muffin recipe? I am trying to crack the code of the legendary blueberry muffin.

3 Likes

Is this a completed recipe or a WIP? I’m curious about your tasting notes.

2 Likes

Struggling to find the answer to this on the Real Flavors website.

Are these Super Concentrates, Natural Extracts or Natural Flavours? This is a very long thread to see if the answer is already here. As I am finding it difficult to find this information on their own website.

I am trying my first flavour from the range, from about 10 different ones I have ordered. It is Honeydew.and it is a really good finished flavour, but for me know where near a Natural Extract (as per Medicine Flower) it is more a super concentrated synthetic/lab flavour in alcohol for me, product.

3 Likes

The biscotti tasted like toast for me so when i tasted baked bread i knew they would fit. The RF baked bread adds the real (multi-grain /squirrel bread) taste to the toast. So in a muffin application it would only work if you were making a “wholegrain” muffin like a raspberry crumble or apple grumble type muffin. I think INW lemon cake helps create the golden outside of a muffin. Try it at 0.4% the inside i think maybe cap yellow cake 3% maybe blended with 1% jungle YC

3 Likes

I don’t mean to step in, but initially it was called Raw Extracts and then changed to Super Concentrates. I’ve heard @Walt_RealFlavors mention adding other flavor notes to enhance some flavors, but there was no mention if the base flavor was an extract… I’m curious to know myself.

4 Likes

I never post completed recipes or wip’s. I just like to offer suggestions and give back to the ELR community. I have that recipe here (only 4ml left in a 120ml lol ) and it smells amazing. An emptle bottle is usually a good sign. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, but tasting notes does go a long way when trying to get a good description of a recipe.

3 Likes

Yes. I agree they would be helpful. Unfortunately i only take mental notes. I do write recipes down by hand and then glance at the recipe while testing and consider possible changes.

2 Likes

Not just on here but places like Reddit, there are a few comparisons to these and MF extracts when people talk about them and a Natural Flavour is not the same as a Natural Extract from my limited understanding, of flavours?

If these are indeed Natural Flavours but super concentrated, then comparing them to Flavorah, Inawera or Flavourart would be more appropriate than MF, maybe?

4 Likes

I agree. MF is in a class of it’s own. I’ve got some definite (SC) RF keepers, but no MF replacements yet.

5 Likes

i do remember this now you have reminded me and may well be where mine and maybe some other peoples confusion stem from then? and hence the reason for change to Super Concentrates,

3 Likes

Cheesecake is crazy strong, I made a mix with only 3 drops in 50ml and it took a week or 2 to settle down. Not really sure if I like the flavor as well but admittedly there is not Cheescake I am head over heals for.

I haven’t tried the Baked Bread yet but it sure does smell strong. Smells authentic to a fresh baked bread though, just haven’t figured out how to use it yet and probably flavor I should have skipped.

2 Likes