Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Everything Iā€™ve tried from RF with the SC flavors has been great with the exception of the Cinnamon Roll Extract but I think I used way too much flavoring. It had a tick of chemical-ishness about itā€¦but I do believe with a longer steep that will go away.

The fruits are exceptional. Spot on what they are supposed to be flavored like and very good.

3 Likes

I mixed up some Paczki last night at 2.5%. Iā€™m letting it steep for a bit, but I can tell you that it had very little aroma to it. Hardly any at all.
I donā€™t know if the lack of aroma will translate into a weak taste or not. Iā€™ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I agree the scent is not very powerful but I think the flavor is great at 2.5% at less than 2 weeks steep so far. The flavor was great after just a few days IMO. If I ever mix it as a standalone flavor I will bump it up to 3.5% like I do with all my RF SC recipes but as a mixer in recipes it should be good in the 1.5% range depending on what other (and how many other) flavors you are using in the recipe.

3 Likes

I forgot pistachio has it too. Itā€™s crazy how some people taste it and others donā€™t. IDK? Itā€™s so weird.

2 Likes

That sounds really good! I love the blue Raspberry. The acai berry one is excellent as well. Except those few i named Iā€™ve been more then happy with the rest of the flavors and the pen @Fozzy71! Lol!

2 Likes

I got a RF cup today with this order below but was really hoping for one of the Under Armour jackets. :cry:

I think I got 7 more empty 30ml tester bottles so I will be starting with Meringue, Souffle, Taffy Base, Butter Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, and Cinnamon Toast.

Running out of room on this tray. I got another with all my non-RF flavors that has an empty row or two for when this one is full but that will only last so long. Time to start using up more of my older non-RF flavors or give some away.

8 Likes

Anybody use the SC Cotton candy in any recipes?
Is it just ethyl maltol? How does it compare in strength to tfa, to adapt in recipes?

Just wanted chime in. Iā€™ve been following this thread for a while. I just placed my first order for SC flavors. Iā€™ve got strawberry, cream soda, sweet cream, grape, pineapple, watermelon, blue raz and melon medley coming. Super stoked to try these after reading all the reviews.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried peanut butter, chocolate, or milk flavors yet? I have them sitting in my stash but no time this week to make test batches.

2 Likes

@Fresh7
I have the SC Chocolate. Nice potent flavor, smooth middle of the road Chocolate compared to my Milk C and Fudge Brownie from another company.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be very happy with that, reminds me of ripe cantaloupe as a top noteā€¦

Paczki

Mixed @ 1.5%
1week + cure
65w dual 316L 3.5mm, Troll V2

At 1.5% this is light yet still flavorful enough to pick out certain flavors. Very nice jammy flavor with strawberries and a darker berry. At this % i can only pick out bit of the donut but i get it along with slight buttery notes. I certainly need to mix at 2-2.5% for single flavor and i will as it is quite delicious.

Ill add to this as the next test batch cures.

4 Likes

OK found it! Sorry man, I miss a lot of messages.

Ok so troubleshooting my be better from the group than me. I know of a few big time companies that use this so I am not sure. I am looking at the formula on my other screen. Not sure what the term is but how hot are you getting? Also tell me how you mixed it. Maybe I can see what when wrong.

2 Likes

I mixed it at 3% and vaping between 50 to 60W on a Wotofo Troll V2 22mm. I get excellent flavors out of am the other mixes I make. I do not think it is setup.

1 Like

I also used it as a single flavor and no sweetner. That maybe my issue.

More testing may be in order. Initial tester us just off in my opinion.

1 Like

I cannot even think right now, will trouble shoot more later. Thanks for the reply, out here.

1 Like

Do you have butter toffee or caramel. The formulas are sort of close. Just curious if you get it with either one of those. If you do, let me know which one and if one is better than the other. (Trying to find the item causing you trouble)

3 Likes

Sounds like a tall cold PB Chocolate Milk smoothie, taste them all in one?

1 Like

heres a note for everyone who does not know , bring your vise grips while trying to squeeze these bottles 5 testers down 25 to go , im glad i still have glass droppers

5 Likes

I got all 3 of those in my order yesterday. I mixed Chocolate yesterday at 2% but the other 2 wonā€™t get tested for a while. The smell of the Chocolate is very reminiscent of the scent from the Cookies and Cream, Brownie and Deep Fried Oreo which I loved. I have tested the Condensed Milk and found it quite potent at low percents.

2 Likes