Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I believe he means he uses 1gram = 1ml… which is what I also do, but I might be mistaken.

5 Likes

I always bolster a mix with supporting flavors. I only have RF fountain style and have found it is essential to both my rootbeer and rootbeer float juices. As far a sweetness i always add sweetener just never sucralose. I use erythritol solution 1-3% (5%VG) and pyure to both sweetness and soften at 0.25%. Supporting rootbeer flavors i use are NicVape rootbeer and tasty puff rasta rootbeer. These are the best three rootbeers IMO
Rootbeer float might look something like this :wink:

3% RF SC rootbeer (fountain)
1.5% Nic Vape Rootbeer
1.5% tasty puff Rasta rootbeer
1% LB cream
1% LB fresh cream
0.5% FA vienna cream
3% ooo vanilla icecream

5 Likes

This here is rather interesting, the first smell you get is fresh baked bread, nothing else. I mixed this up at 1.5% and finger tasted it, it is much much more complex than just baked bread, lightly sweet, creams, some kind of light fruit? At this point it seems a very good and much more basic BP than the original, i think im going to like this as it leaves room to add to it and the baked bread is persistent enough to do so. I think, without vaping it, that 1.5% is a good SF starting point, ill see in a couple weeks.

I mixed this at 1.5% as well, finger taste is a dead ringer for Now&Later Apple flavor. I think going a bit lower will help to bring out the other apples in this as you can smell them but not really taste them at this %.

@Walt_RealFlavors i havent vaped this yet but i think it is a winner. @ 1.5% is seems perfect for SF with a finger tasting. I would love to have some of the other fruits with this heavy jammy note. I made up a PB&J with it that ill be testing around the same time i test the SF.

This one is going to need some help, i like the flavor of many of the RF creams but most need some support as this one does. @LordVapor suggested Cream Cheese Icing (LA) and it seems to be a good fit tho the WC hasnt developed in the mix CCI seems to be a great booster, i also did one with WC and Butter Cream (CAP) and this seems to work as well. Time will tell…

6 Likes

I do wish this was the beta VG we tested, Sweetened Condensed Milk, it is missing more than just the sweetness from the original tho i cant put my finger on it. I like the flavor of the RF creams but they need help, diketones. :wink:

7 Likes

Maybe I should just keep the VG version of this one and not try the SC. Thank you for the feedback…I love the VG version.

3 Likes

I was thinking about grabbing the VG again, it is still pretty potent and seems quite different to me. If there is anything you want to try out, just holler and i can send it.

I do use the SC quite a bit and have several recipes with it, works well in those mixes.

3 Likes

Yes, I still have an unopened 60ml of the VG version. It’s one of my favorites, but I only use 1-2.5%. It steeps very very strong and has fantastic body to me. Same with the cream cheese, the VG version is so potent it’s like a .25-1% range. There are a few so potent I can’t imagine getting the SC.

Did you get the Coconut Spiced Rum and if so have you mixed it yet? It smells like real rum, definitely alcohol smell and fumes…lol. I think I’m starting at 1% on that one. Maybe .7%

Is there any you want me to send you? I got the beta Butterfinger, Fried Twinkie, Coconut Spiced Rum, and Bread Pudding 2 I think you have?

I have an extra sealed 1oz of the Cream and Marshmallow SC versions. And I can send you 30ml of the VG Condensed Milk. I would love to try just a small amount of the Cream Soda SC if you have any? To see if it’s any better than this VG one before buying another bottle.

3 Likes

I didnt, wasnt sure i would like a rum vape, i used to hate rum when i drank tho i dont remember why.

I think the only one i regret not getting is the Butterfinger, i just wasnt sure as i have not really found anything chocolate that i like to vape. I think it is because vaping chocolates really makes me want to eat chocolate and once i get started! hehe.

I do have the Cream Soda SC, love it but i never compared it to the VG and i should.

So,

Yumberry
Cream Soda
Condensed Milk
Pacski (you gotta try this)

Any others? BTW, that BP is going to be interesting to work with, i was turned off by the smell and then i tasted it.

2 Likes

I don’t use the calculator here, I just use the stash for finding recipes. In the DIY Juice Calc I use by @Hotrod75 I set them to Flavor (not Other) with pg and vg set to 0 and SG to 1.000 for measuring by weight. Not sure how the calculator here compares to the one I use but if I set a flavor to ‘Other’ in my calc I cant find/use them when trying to add ingredients.

While I also smell and finger test all my testers I have found with RF SC the actual taste of the vape can be quite different than the smell/taste, especially after a good steep.

oh boy can’t wait to taste this, but kicking myself for not getting the v1 also. will need to add it to my cart for my next order.

I have only SF tested apple so far at 1.5% and liked it a lot. I already have 14 recipes in my calc for future testing that use the sc apple with an avg % of 1.17%.

yummy, I will be mixing this and the other 6 betas I got today or tomorrow.

added to my favorites for when I get some RF SC PB. All I have right now for PB is TFA DX.

Yes, It is a subtle flavor. The notes on the recipe side say avg 0.7%, median 0.4% in recipes.

I have it in 11 recipes to test in the future at avg % of 0.93%. I SF tested it at 1.5% and have used it in one recipe tester so far (an adaptation of White Mice Rice by @Pugs1970) at 0.9%.

5 Likes

I second this. @Walt_RealFlavors can ya come out with a “Bad Boys” line? LOL.

8 Likes

Some of them do have small trace amounts of acetyl propionyl if it makes you feel better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

u like a lot of flavoring eh? Just the RF SC in that at 4% is more than I have tried any RF SC only recipe so far, and you have another 6% of other mfg’s flavors on top of it. :astonished:

2 Likes

I will certainly keep this in mind and appreciate the info/input.

EDIT: I was just glancing at a couple recipes you posted recently, 1 is @ 4.2% SCs (total flavoring %) and several approach 4%. With that in mind ill mix two versions of it, one with lower SC %s and one as is.

3 Likes

no problem. I just have never tried it that high. when I got my first sc’s the recommended use percent was 1 - 3.5%, now on their site they say 1 - 2.5%. I tested different flavors from below 1% as high as 3.5% (this is where I like things like french toast, pumpkin pie, etc) so that is my goal total percent when I do recipes too. If I am mixing other things from other makers in I will try and bring the total RF SC percent down but dont always. I have quite a few where I have put in 3.5% of RC SC then another 1 - 2 of other maker’s flavors.

sounds like I need to do a tester of something RF SC at higher percents, for science… :smiley:

5 Likes

I think i need to do some testing at lower %s. My thoughts were that since i like my custards and creams around two months the berries would fade, i havent met many berries that dont. This is my favorite and least favorite part of new flavor lines, trying to find that sweet spot.

6 Likes

I haven’t let any of the RF SC fruit testers (or any multiple flavor RF SC recipes) go much beyond 2 months yet before I end up mixing a few testers together to free up testing bottles so there may be some merit in what you are thinking. Time will tell. I am vaping some RF SC French Toast v1 I mixed at the end of October and it tastes just as great as I remember my original 20ml tester tasting after a month of steeping. I still have a lot of non RF batches mixed, and lots of non RF flavors to use up, before I get into making big batches of proper RF SC recipes.

My apologies to the OP for the derail.

3 Likes

@JoJo or @daath if there is any way to merge mine and Fozzys conversation with the RF SC notes thread that would be fantastic.

3 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors why no yorker tips with the beta sc order I just received?

the bottles were also not sealed under the polycone cops. I didnt have leaks (finally) but a little extra sealing to ensure everything was sterlile would be nice.

1 Like

@Ken_O_Where @Fozzy71 what are you guys mixing your Vg/Pg at i usually like 70/30 sometimes 80/20 if my flave total is under 10% since this flave total will be under 10% and the flaves dont have pg in them i was thinking 85/15

2 Likes

For my testers, and the wifes mixes, i do 80/20, max VG for me.

3 Likes