Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Time for some first impressions as I move forward with testing on many of the Super Concentrates from Real Flavors that I have ordered recently. Most of you that are regulars here already know of my struggles with PG sensitivity so I will share how I mixed these.

I picked 3 of the Beta Lab flavors to try first. I did them all as follows.

I mixed each flavor in 15ml bottles at 2%, 2.5% and 3% with 1.5mg VG/Nicotine and the rest is 100% VG. I did not breath these as you would normally do. What I did was take the top lose 1 time per day just to let any fumes, gasses or whatever out and fresh air in. I did it this way because I remembered in a thread when someone mentioned flavor fade Walt replied with do not breath the flavors for long periods of time during the steeping process.

On day 1 I did the finger test for flavor

At 48hrs I did the first test actually vaping them using a Chalice 3 atty with the squonk pin plugged up so it could be used as a dripper.

At Day 7 I tested again

In this picture you can see the squonk pin with a round toothpick drove in tight to prevent leaking

The build is 26g 316L 6 wraps on 3mm bit spaced coil.

I used this on my VT133 and this is a shot of the settings

In this shot you can see just how tiny this atty is on top of the VT133

This set up delivers TONS of flavor without the giant super dense clouds that most drippers deliver. For those of you that are familiar with the Kayfun V5 after a very easy modification to the Chalice 3 (Thanks @Rob62 for the tip on this mod) the draw is almost identical to the Kayfun V5

Now that you know I am testing at 100% VG and the device I am using for initial tasting here are my thoughts

Melon Medley (SC BETA) (Real Flavors) at 2%

At 48 hrs steep this is the absolute best Melon flavor I have ever tried. But it had a kind of warm heavy throat hit I did not like at all.

At Day 7 it mellowed out nice and is honestly the best Melon flavor I have ever tried. I must add that I am not much on Melon flavor anything and this was actually ordered for my wife and son not me. That said I will add I can see keeping a bottle of this around for myself as well.

Butterfinger (SC BETA) (Real Flavors) 2%

At 48 hrs WOW very strong super sweet nutty center of a Butterfinger but o so harsh ,cough choke and gang a little.

Day 7 This has mellowed out and lost some flavor as well so I went to the 2.5% and then to the 3% and at 3% I found one of the all time best vapes I have ever had. The chocolate is way in the background but there and they NAILED the flavor of the center of a Butterfinger candy bar. @Walt_RealFlavors I sure do hope this one becomes a keeper and makes it’s way into the normal line up.

Deep Fried Oreo (SC BETA) (Real Flavors)

48 Hrs had very similar results as above with the warm harsh feeling and the flavor was potent but straight up Oreo cookies

Day 7 The harshness has gone away and the fried aspect has started making it’s way in. At 2% the flavor has faded some but remember I am using 100%VG so just like the Butterfinger above I kind of expected that in this one as well. Did I mention this stuff is awesome also.

So you may wonder what I am vaping on right now as I type this.

On the right VT133 Kayfun V5 clone with Deep Fried Oreo
On the left VT133 Kayfun V5 clone with Butterfinger

My preferred single flavor mix as of right now at the 1 week mark

Melon Medley 2%
Butterfinger 3%
Deep fried Oreo 3%

Your results may vary widely from mine because once again my mixing is all at 100% VG.

I am going to hold off on adding any notes to the flavor data base until I reach the 1 month mark on these to see how they develop.

13 Likes

Ppl like u still exist?(ppl who care about feedback) Ty for everything Walt. I wouldn’t have started trying diy without your give away. Ty once again

7 Likes

Thank you or to heck with you because now your hooked on DIY!? Lol! :+1:

5 Likes

So the Rice Crispy Treat I get that real dry rice and creamy marshmallow taste at 2%. A really goid flavor.

The Cinnamon Toast is just a real sweet cinnamon sugar toast flavor. I really do enjoy it.

The Butter Toffee is the best I have ever tasted. A real creamy butter toffee. The smell in the room is divine as is the exhale. A true butter toffee is I think a hard flavor to mimic. Superb liquid and will be a rebuy.

The butterscotch I am still tweaking. Not sure the percentages on this one. It is good but I think higher percentage.

The Blue Raz is great at 3% and a real fruity blue raspberry taste. I like it. Especially mixed with Purilum Lemonade. Reminds me of Sumner time.

The Swedish Gummy still try to tweak percentages on this one as well.

So it goes like this:

1. Butter Toffee
  2. Rice Crispy
  3. Cinnamon Toast
  4. Blue Raz
  5. Butterscotch ( Still Tweaking).
  6. Swedish Gummy (Still Tweaking)
9 Likes

I really wanted to grab that for the longest time and when the offer came up i had a brain fart, self induced. In fact i only remember now, as i read your post. Pretty sure i need it to mix something from @Pro_Vapes or @juice_junkie_lover , either way its the next purchase im making, that and brown sugar.

Ive tested the Graham and it is fantastic, very realistic graham without that odd smell from some of the other manufacturers.

7 Likes

I just put it in my dropper and was in instant heaven. So good. Definitely worth a buy.

I am going to add this to Purilum Cappuccino Coffee for a perfect blend.

5 Likes

What % have you mixed this at beaut? My SFT was 1% which was lovely but not quite strong enough. Need to remix this one :smiley:

3 Likes

Since I don’t have RF SC Butterscotch I use it as a replacement for any recipe that calls for Butterscotch:

I think this is probably the @Pro_Vapes recipe you are thinking of:

4 Likes

My SF was 1.5%, my avg mixing percent is 0.97% but most of the recipes shown in the image above are things I haven’t tested yet.

2 Likes

Yep, thats the recipe i wanted to mix, bookmarked and thanks for refreshing my memory.

3 Likes

Thanks @Skullblade789 I really appreciate the insight. I was going to start out slightly lower on the %s. I think I will use your recommendation of 2% Real Flavours SC on both the Rice Crispies & Cinnamon Toast, as well as Sugar Cookie. BTW I noticed you are from Waynesboro PA. I am also a PA. resident Etters. In fact I have a good friend Al Schock who lives in Waynesboro :slight_smile: Thanks again have Great day & Good mixing!

2 Likes

I just mixed up my last 3 flavors from the recent special and while taste/sniff testing the Nutmeg beta @ 1% I finally realize what has been giving me the odd notes I am not sure if I like in the French Toast 2 (and some of the other v2’s) I just got, and the Baklava I got last year. I am sure I will find some good uses for it but boy oh boy is it potent on the nose and tongue at just 1%.

3 Likes

Yep, just here for a bit. On military orders. Do not know when or where the next orders will take me.

2 Likes

Paczki just got mixed up a few hours ago at 2.5%. I filed up a tank and already it’s pretty strong! There’s bright raspberry/strawberry filling right up front, and then a sweet bakery note in the back. I’ll update as it steeps, but I can tell this one is a winner.

10 Likes

I drove 45 miles to pick up my SC order from the courier depot today rather than wait until Monday evening. The entire country was closed yesterday for some bullshit reason, frankly that just wasn’t good enough for me. I’m really looking forward to trying these out. Got some testers in already and they smell wonderful.

7 Likes

I tested mine again today, mixed on 07Mar at 2.5% and it is so good.

2 Likes

You already have 25 recipes for the Butter Toffee (SC)? or is it that you just went through the recipes you have and substituted things so as to incorporate the Butter Toffee into it?

2 Likes

The latter. Things I have vaped in the past that weren’t RF SC based and adapted to RF SC flavors, or things on my to try list I adapted to RF SC, etc. Most of them likely called for plain Butterscotch but I don’t have that flavor yet so I sub’d the toffee until I buy some of the Butterscotch so I can see which I prefer single flavor and in various recipes. My ‘to try next list(s)’ are ridiculously long at this point and I will likely never get around to testing them all.

1 Like

Just a quick question, and I apologise if this has been answered already. How are you entering these in your stash, (SC) (Real Flavors)?. And do you put them in as ‘other’ in the flavour carrier part?.

1 Like

Yes just like that, and yes “other”.

2 Likes