Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

You have no idea…I’d probably lose that too. :confounded: A list on a whole website run by responsible adults I probably won’t. My shopping list on here has stayed put, lol.

4 Likes

You do understand that your now including @Ken_O_Where in that comment… right …? lol

6 Likes

Ah yes, I should mention that I do like flavors on the stronger side usually, so adjust accordingly, obviously. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s all relative. :smirk:

2 Likes

So @TheTinMan1 may not want to hear this one. RF SC Blue Raz with Purilum Lemonade is the shit. I love it.

2 Likes

I just got a pop saying I’m almost out of likes for the day. I hope the FU button kicks in after that.

4 Likes

Awwwweeee, I is not sowry!!!

1 Like

Okay, only semi off topic here:
I transferred a few of my newest bottles from @Walt_RealFlavors most recent (for lack of a better term) open giveaway. One of these was a Blood Orange (SC), a little while later I tipped the “empty” bottle over a 16 oz water glass and had 5 drops fall out, added about 4 oz of water… gave it a test and could just barely taste an “Orange flavor”… shrugged my shoulders and filled the glass on up. Just took a drink of my water that I was sure would be totally diluted and unflavored but to my shock… I can still taste a orange flavoring, it isn’t strong (of course), but the taste is still there even after only a few drops.

3 Likes

I always go with suggested percents from the recipe side or use the @CosmicTruth calculator when converting recipes of non-RF flavors.

Here are my RF SC Strawberry notes from this thread and the recipe side:

Usage .5-1% as a mixer… 1-1.8 as a top note.
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 1.5% (Median: 1.5%)
Single flavor recommendations: 1
Average quantity: 1.8% (Median: 1.8%)

Mine are still in my cart weeks later but I never clear my cookies. Maybe @Walt_RealFlavors can answer that.

I also do this with Google Keep so I can access it from my phone or desktop.

1 Like

Its in glass so its probably a tank cracker. I don’t know of any blood orange flavor that does not separate. I think its probably normal.

I love Google Keep!

1 Like

If the “flavor extract suspended in alcohol” is 3%, what is the (97%) carrier?
PG, PDO, distilled water, or some other magical substance?

TIA

2 Likes

OK… I got my sampler packs and here’s what I notice right away. (4 day steep) Heated slightly, lid off one night.

First I mixed 5% RF Blue Raz Super Concentrate, 2% Capella Whipped Cream.

Most Importantly for me personally:

Smooth as a baby’s behind. Silky lung/throat hit. Amazing Wow Love That, Love it.

No acidic mouth feel at all, taste is pretty darn good and very sweet.

Then I mixed 5% RF Apple Pie SC with 5% Cinnamon Roll Extract 4 Day Steep

Same super silk throat hit.I wouldn’t call it weak on flavor, what I would say is it’s “nice” because it doesn’t punch you in the face or taste over flavored. Also nice and sweet!

Flavor with no creams added at all is very good with a tiny tinge of a chemical property I’m sure will go away in the steep.

So my rating on your flavors is a 9.5. I cannot get over how smooth it is. BRAVO!!!

7 Likes

Do you find the flavorurs too weak for your tastes at 2 - 2.5%?. I noticed everyone seems to be testing them at roughly 2%. I’ve mixed a few of mine at 2% but I haven’t tried them as yet.

3 Likes

LOL

Blood Orange is water based but the extract likes to separate a bit. It is so highly concentrated that there is not enough alcohol in the concentrate it keep it together. Once you mix, you will be fine.

We walk a fine line on this. If we add more alcohol content to a concentrate then we can’t ship it because it would become a dangerous good, if we make it too low, we get separation.

Working on a saved cart / wish list update soon :smiley:

Fun question. You are thinking of 3% as volume. When we say 3% we are talking proof of the alcohol. Does that help explain it better? (Honestly shocked this has not came up before. Good question @BathVaper)

10% TOTAL… Just a note. Your taste buds can only taste sooo much flavoring. Be careful using too much. Plus umm… wow that is a lot lol

9 Likes

I’ve got another question about mixing with these. There’s way to many posts to look through. It’s simple enough one. Hot water bath/any heat to aid with mixing, yea or nay?

1 Like

You may want to try lower percents for RF SC. I have never went over 3.5% total for an RF SC single flavor or recipe. The recommended percents are 1 - 2.5%, but I think they used to suggest up to 3.5%.

I would try this at 2.5% RF and 2% CAP. With this 2 flavor recipe the math is easy: 5:2 = 2.5:1

For more complex recipes like the other one or multiple flavor recipes I use - http://www.e-liquid-scripts.com/cosmiccalc

Input all the flavors to get your RF SC percents and ignore the adjusted non-RF flavors and go with your preferred percentage of that flavor like this:

So Blue Raz at 2.5 and Whipped Cream at your original 2%.

I never go above 3.5% total though I have been curious to try some at higher percents as I see some go much higher than I would… Then I see this post and reconsider:

nay imho. I don’t think I have ever given these hot water baths. I only did that when I got my first few non-RF flavor orders. Now that I have a few liters of steeped juice I just let time do the steeping in the dark, cool cabinet.

2 Likes

Like I said, 5% was about perfect in that 4 day steep. What I like about these flavors is I will be able to mentholate and mint the crap out of this stuff and it will still be smooth as silk. I’m gonna drop some mint in the Blue Raz tester today. Mint and menthol permeate VG quick. This is nice stuff!

2 Likes

Ah, now that neatly explains the alcoholic content, even if it blows my mind… :smiley:
But it still leaves the main question: what is the carrier made up of?

I appreciate it’s got a low alcohol level to help suspend the raw flavor extract and that’s not normally necessary in pg so I’m guessing it’s more likely to be pdo.

(I’m not after any trade secrets - the reason I’m asking is primarily to advise folks with pg intolerances but also to help those who try to mix by weight using specific gravities get at least fairly close to the likely density.)

2 Likes

You know I suppose if I let this steep it could go to 3.5% but I wanted to see what was going to happen short term. At 5% there is good flavor with absolutely nothing unpleasant going on. What I mean by unpleasant is that “yuck” thing you get when you use too much flavor. @Walt_RealFlavors

There’s alcohol in these Super Concentrates so you really cant just shake and vape this stuff, that alcohol has to gas off. I’m totally happy with the result and in fact it’s the first raspberry I have been able to vape in very long time.

3 Likes