Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

thats scary, flavorah berry crunch , or whatever they call it is so horrible

1 Like

Sure will. I have both, havenā€™t Vaped any yet, but I will and give you my opinion.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s trix, crunch, and cinnamon crunch all had the same results for me. Along with either sweet dough or fried dough. I canā€™t remember which one.

Maybe @Walt_RealFlavors could tell us what it is in marsh and caramel that is giving us that mushroom like taste?

I guess I am glad I pulled that from my last order since I have so much RF SC Butter Toffee to use along with 10ml of TFA DX BS and ~25ml of TFA BS Ripple. Have you tried the Butter Toffee yet? I liked that a lot when I tested it and thought it would be a suitable sub for pretty much any recipe that called for BS.

3 Likes

What have you been using the Butter Toffee at percent wise? I mixed up a 15ml tester at 1.75% seems a bit weak right now.

1 Like

See this post above - Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

My SF tester was at 1.5%. If I were to do it as a single flavor recipe I would probably go all the way up to 3.5%. The only recipe I have tried it in so far from the list in that linked pic was the Soul Custardy v1 in a 20ml tester at 0.4% and I could detect it but it wasnā€™t meant to be a top note in that recipe. Some of the other recipes in that list I have yet to test will require the Butter Scotch/Toffee to be the top note but I am stuck in single flavor testing mode for the foreseeable future with 14 flavors mixed and 19 more arriving tomorrow. When I get around to testing more recipes with it I think I might try and mix a comparable tester with TFA DX Butterscotch or TFA Butterscotch Ripple at the same time to see if it really can replace those flavors like I hope it can.

1 Like

The Butter Toffee and the rest of the flavors are so on point. I love everything except the Butterscotch. Everything else perfection.

4 Likes

I did mine at 2-3% and it is phenomenal. I do have positive things to say. Also the Blue Raspberry and Purilum Lemonade make a damn good combo.

4 Likes

nodsā€¦ seems it needs to be a bit stronger (than 1.75% as a single) sorry to hear about the Butterscotch not coming out properly, I was thinking of combining the Butter Toffee with Butterfinger, while I like the Butterfinger (also at 1.75%), my tester is telling me itā€™s just missing something.

3 Likes

Yes spot on. I likened it to the taste i get from the RF krispy square. Oddly same note is present in the RF SC Caramel and RF SC Marshmallow but not in the RF VG marshmallowā€¦ Maybe something in the base componentā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s missing more butterfinger lol. I did my tester of that at 2.5% on 07Mar and it is pretty good, but if I were to do it as a single flavor batch it would go up to 3.5%. I do all my SF testers in the 1 - 2.5% range depending on the flavor type and any notes I found in the forums or recipe side just to get a feel for the strength of the flavor concentrate and how it might affect a recipe when mixed with other flavors. When it comes to mixing a recipe (or a single flavor batch of something that is already basically a recipe flavor like Butterfinger, French Toast, Pumpkin Pie, Cookies and Cream, Deep Fried Twinkie, Oreo, etc) I always plan to go with 3.5% total flavoring.

6 Likes

I am still waiting for mine to steep more but I am finding that as a SF mix I am also liking someplace between 3% and possibly as much as 4%. Still a little early for my final opinion to be set in stone.

5 Likes

Vaped the Butterscotch @ 2% in:

Evod Tankā€¦3.7 V
Innokin Prismā€¦14W
Kanger Subvodā€¦ .5ohm
Geekvape Ammitā€¦ 316L SS Fused Clapton 420Ā° 28W

A variance of flavor between tanks as expected, but overall a slight disk candy to a rich ice cream type topping. For my taste probably would be better @ 3%ā€¦but very good !

3 Likes

Tried Marshmallow @ 2% with same devices as above post. Forgot, the Evod & Innokin are 1.8ohm.

Needs sweetener, but has an authentic Marshmallow flavor. Right out of the bag.
Iā€™m liking these SC flavorings so far !

5 Likes

Everything Iā€™ve tried from RF with the SC flavors has been great with the exception of the Cinnamon Roll Extract but I think I used way too much flavoring. It had a tick of chemical-ishness about itā€¦but I do believe with a longer steep that will go away.

The fruits are exceptional. Spot on what they are supposed to be flavored like and very good.

3 Likes

I mixed up some Paczki last night at 2.5%. Iā€™m letting it steep for a bit, but I can tell you that it had very little aroma to it. Hardly any at all.
I donā€™t know if the lack of aroma will translate into a weak taste or not. Iā€™ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I agree the scent is not very powerful but I think the flavor is great at 2.5% at less than 2 weeks steep so far. The flavor was great after just a few days IMO. If I ever mix it as a standalone flavor I will bump it up to 3.5% like I do with all my RF SC recipes but as a mixer in recipes it should be good in the 1.5% range depending on what other (and how many other) flavors you are using in the recipe.

3 Likes

I forgot pistachio has it too. Itā€™s crazy how some people taste it and others donā€™t. IDK? Itā€™s so weird.

2 Likes

That sounds really good! I love the blue Raspberry. The acai berry one is excellent as well. Except those few i named Iā€™ve been more then happy with the rest of the flavors and the pen @Fozzy71! Lol!

2 Likes

I got a RF cup today with this order below but was really hoping for one of the Under Armour jackets. :cry:

I think I got 7 more empty 30ml tester bottles so I will be starting with Meringue, Souffle, Taffy Base, Butter Cream, Caramel, Chocolate, and Cinnamon Toast.

Running out of room on this tray. I got another with all my non-RF flavors that has an empty row or two for when this one is full but that will only last so long. Time to start using up more of my older non-RF flavors or give some away.

8 Likes