Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Anybody use the SC Cotton candy in any recipes?
Is it just ethyl maltol? How does it compare in strength to tfa, to adapt in recipes?

Just wanted chime in. Iā€™ve been following this thread for a while. I just placed my first order for SC flavors. Iā€™ve got strawberry, cream soda, sweet cream, grape, pineapple, watermelon, blue raz and melon medley coming. Super stoked to try these after reading all the reviews.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried peanut butter, chocolate, or milk flavors yet? I have them sitting in my stash but no time this week to make test batches.

2 Likes

@Fresh7
I have the SC Chocolate. Nice potent flavor, smooth middle of the road Chocolate compared to my Milk C and Fudge Brownie from another company.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be very happy with that, reminds me of ripe cantaloupe as a top noteā€¦

Paczki

Mixed @ 1.5%
1week + cure
65w dual 316L 3.5mm, Troll V2

At 1.5% this is light yet still flavorful enough to pick out certain flavors. Very nice jammy flavor with strawberries and a darker berry. At this % i can only pick out bit of the donut but i get it along with slight buttery notes. I certainly need to mix at 2-2.5% for single flavor and i will as it is quite delicious.

Ill add to this as the next test batch cures.

4 Likes

OK found it! Sorry man, I miss a lot of messages.

Ok so troubleshooting my be better from the group than me. I know of a few big time companies that use this so I am not sure. I am looking at the formula on my other screen. Not sure what the term is but how hot are you getting? Also tell me how you mixed it. Maybe I can see what when wrong.

2 Likes

I mixed it at 3% and vaping between 50 to 60W on a Wotofo Troll V2 22mm. I get excellent flavors out of am the other mixes I make. I do not think it is setup.

1 Like

I also used it as a single flavor and no sweetner. That maybe my issue.

More testing may be in order. Initial tester us just off in my opinion.

1 Like

I cannot even think right now, will trouble shoot more later. Thanks for the reply, out here.

1 Like

Do you have butter toffee or caramel. The formulas are sort of close. Just curious if you get it with either one of those. If you do, let me know which one and if one is better than the other. (Trying to find the item causing you trouble)

3 Likes

Sounds like a tall cold PB Chocolate Milk smoothie, taste them all in one?

1 Like

heres a note for everyone who does not know , bring your vise grips while trying to squeeze these bottles 5 testers down 25 to go , im glad i still have glass droppers

5 Likes

I got all 3 of those in my order yesterday. I mixed Chocolate yesterday at 2% but the other 2 wonā€™t get tested for a while. The smell of the Chocolate is very reminiscent of the scent from the Cookies and Cream, Brownie and Deep Fried Oreo which I loved. I have tested the Condensed Milk and found it quite potent at low percents.

2 Likes

The condensed milk is very potent and it steeps stronger. In a mix I would not want to go much over 0.5% edited it due to the dumbass autocorrect

5 Likes

I just ordered a bunch of 20ml squeezable PET dripper bottles that are supposed to be here today and I will transfer as needed. Drippers are a PITA. But at least they are in durable and most importantly non leaking bottles for shipping. The bottles are fairly inexpensive and saves a lot of time when mixing by weight :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 new testers mixed up today, 12 more to mix when I empty some testing bottles. Planning to buy more 30ml bottles but my testing tray is full:

5 Likes

i just made a SF tester with the milk last night, will share as soon as ready

2 Likes

Ok so after a 2 day steeping (I know, not long enough) The Paczki I mixed as a standalone at 2.5% is ā€œblossomingā€, but the taste is still a little weak imo.
Iā€™m going to give it a couple more days since it appears (to me anyway) that steeping is going to be the key to this flavor.
Donā€™t get me wrong, it tastes great. Iā€™m getting a strong ā€œjellyā€ note, and a little bit of sweet, but the bakery (donut) is missing entirely.
The aroma has gotten no stronger.

4 Likes

Currently testing my Blood Orange (SC) (Real Flavors) at 3% in a TFV8 duel coil SS at 0.60 ohm and 24 watts. Pretty much SnV (made this up yesterday or the day before).
At 3% 80/20 and 5% nic there is a good amount of flavor. No sweetener is needed for a stand alone juice, I can see vaping this as it is. I can see this being paired with other citrus type ingredients and possibly with a cake (possibly cookie) but I wouldnā€™t mix it with too many other ingredients if I was going to use cookie or cake items as I think it might start either fighting the other items or get lost. I might also look at this in a dark chocolate vape, but again as a back note.

4 Likes