Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

It’s what works for me. But it is a bit dangerous. You can miss a slight flavor note. One that can show up in another mix. But it’s the price I pay. For example…custards. I only discovered the odd caramel note in custard cap v2 and custard tpa. The odd caramel note is something I dislike and didn’t know the effect until I side by side single flavor tested FA cap tpa and inw.

That being said single flavor test is important for RF flavors because there isn’t much data out there yet. Thus I pay the price.

5 Likes

Totally agree and my bad for not posting that.

I will first describe my style of vaping. I do direct lung hits but I like a rather restricted draw in comparison to most direct lung folks do.

I test on a atty that is actually designed to be strictly a Squonk atty. I have posted on other threads about it but here you go so you can see.

Chalice 3 modified to use as a dripper not a squonker.

You can see here I plugged up the squonk pin with a round tooth pick.

The build is 26g SS316L

Here are the settings on a DNA mod in temperature control.

Once I test and adjust percentages and am happy with the juice I use a Kayfun 5 tank. I have tried numerous build from Fused Clapton’s to single wire 24g or 26g SS 316L spaced coils ranging from 0.20 to 0.40 ohm coils. I also open the juice control 4 full turns instead of the recommended 2 turns max. Remember I am using 100% VG juice. The only draw back to the full 4 turns is you can not lay the mod on it’s side because it will leak. On the Kayfun 5 I am currently using SS316L 0.30 or so ohms 490 degrees to 530 degrees and the vape is almost identical to the set up in my Chalice 3 shown above.

4 Likes

@wvsanta Thanks for your early feedback.

2 Likes

I had hoped to steep at least a week before, but I couldn’t help myself after smelling the FT after a little over a day. Will continue to test as it ages. Even after a day, tasted full, great, good mouthfeel, slight throat hit, maybe due to some of the alcohol not outgassing yet, but loved it. Will post more after my FozzyBottles arrive.

2 Likes

Crap, hehe, forgot. Even though I’ve not reviewed, I at least am using SteamCrave RDTA (v1.) dual claptons/kanthal @ .30 ohms, 40w.

What do you guys think about starting a new RF SC Flavor Percentages post ?? I was trying to track Mr. Fozzy’s percentages and got lost. :open_mouth: Thought rather than bury it here, could make a new parallel post. I nominate the mixer who’s RF SC stash looks like this…

10 Likes

It begins …

3 Likes

Give it 4-6 weeks…huge changes.

Do you mean Cake Batter? If so, I agree. I didn’t care for it at all. Don’t like Caps either. FLV Cupcake Batter is the only one I’ve tried that I like.

6 Likes

I steep everything at almost 4-6 weeks at this point. I don’t even test anymore at the 1day1week1month marks…just full steep like I vape.

lol I’ve been mixing too much. I’m at a month rotation for mixes I’d vape at the 2-4 week mark. Complex custards now sit comfortably at 2months. Not that I vape a lot of custards…I’m really about those fruits.

3 Likes

16 testers Fozzy, couldn’t wait for the glass to arrive. Everyone gets plastic @ 2.5%…

3 Likes

has anyone used guava yet or done a SF test , i. thinking 1.5 pct to start any suggestions would be appreciated

2 Likes

Haven’t tried it yet, but I suuuuuuuuuure like guava. I probably should have sloooooowed down, did the research, and NOT built 2.5% testers on all of mine, but I grew impatient. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

most of mine are two but usually guava is strong at least what i think anyway , i did honey at 1 and coffee at 1 ill post my list when finished but ill be adding my notes after a week im mixing at 80/20

4 Likes

The man shut me down …

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 4 minutes before trying again.

2 Likes

Ok Dawg here, sampled beta coconut rum SC and it might just come around after a longer steep. Didn’t taste the rum but maybe a hint of coconut and got more of a chocolate taste out of it. Steeped 3 whole days, testing as we go. I am trying to get away from pg and steeping this in all vg.
not too bad imo, time will tell

4 Likes

I completely understand but I think it would have to be done as like a resource page or something because otherwise it would just end up like the 2 main RF threads already are. Confusing to find anything due to all the chatter between post.

4 Likes

Just use the Notes section of the relevant flavor page in the calculator?

2 Likes

That would work but unfortunately many people do not put notes there but they do post there findings on the forum.

4 Likes

ya there arent many notes , and there are still a lot of flaves that havent been sampled a few of the flavors i got werent even listed yet

4 Likes

here is RF SC GAUVA at 3% mixed Jan 6th. Sampling it now. At first i thought i used way too much as smell was very strong and earthy at first. Steeped 2+ months this is a lovely standalone. Tastes to me like the gauva drinks you can buy in the foriegn foods aisle in a grocery store. After experiencing flavor fade at 2% i think 2.5% in a mix and 3-3.5% as a standalone. That is if you are willing to steep it… :wink:

8 Likes