Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I think @Fozzy71 will agree that 2.5-3.5% is the sweet spot for many of the RF SC line. Be careful tho and ask questions as there are also quite a few that are strong AF. Lol RF SC cheesecake, passionfruit,kiwi, baked bread, brown sugar…

6 Likes

I mixed this recipe yesterday for the first time at 0mg for a new night time vape. I have not tested it in a smaller size and may end up having to tweak it on the fly once steeped as the baked bread was about all I could smell after hitting it with the badger mixer and I only used 0.25% lol:

Deadly Sin v2 0mg (RFSC)
5.00% RY4 Double (TFA)
1.00% Butter Toffee (Real Flavors)
0.88% Cinnamon Roll 1 (Real Flavors)
0.50% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.25% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)

It will get a good steep though since I have another 100ml of another new 0mg recipe to vape before I get around to trying this.

4 Likes

nice i just sampled last night at 2.5 pct it is very earthy and floral i have 20 sf test done 10 to go Thank you

2 Likes

fozzy i couldnt find your notes on elr , do you use that section, o think i read in the past you didnt but was unsure ?

1 Like

I do not use the recipe/flavors side of the site like most others. I only add flavors to my stash (and look for suggested flavor starting percentages), if I can find them, for using the what can I make and search by stash functions from time to time. Lately I just find recipe ideas on the forums (here and the other big vape forums) then adapt those recipes on the fly into my juice calc software.

My flavor notes would suck as bad as my tasting notes do. I usually forget to take notes on my note pad when downstairs in the lab and/or forget to transfer any notes I do actually take to my DIY Juice Calculator software. My palate is also not nearly as refined or finicky as those in this thread that have been doing the DIY thing far longer than I. I can vape some less than ideal juice* just because I am a cheap bastard and hate to waste/dump any juice that is less than ideal.

*I have a 500ml bottle of juice that started life as a 220ml of RF SC Baklava 3.5% that I grew to not care for so I mixed it with 220ml of 3.5% of pumpkin pie… and still wasn’t a fan so I started dumping in other random flavors. I hope it tastes good when I get around to vaping it as I will be damned if I am dumping a half liter of juice down the drain lol.

3 Likes

i just mixed that pumpkin pie im super excited to see where it goes in a week , 2 weeks , month l

1 Like

That and French Toast v1 are 2 of my favorite’s for single flavors so far but I have also had those the longest. I got those and the Baklava when he first started selling on Walmart last August and they sent an extra free bottle for each you ordered the first weekend of Walmart sales so I have more of those to play with. Still on the first bottle of each.

1 Like

FPB-1OZ-EXT Fruit Pebbles - Super Concentrate 1
SGL-1OZ-EXT Strawberry Gelato - Super Concentrate 1
SCB-1OZ-EXT Sugar Cub - Super Concentrate 1
MEL-1OZ-EXT Melon Medley - Super Concentrate 1
CRK-1OZ-EXT Carrot Cake - Super Concentrate 1
BBP-1OZ-EXT Blueberry Pastry - Super Concentrate 1
RPD-1OZ-EXT Rice Pudding - Super Concentrate 1

weee more on the way

Still testing the first 7 from the last order of 19, and 14 more from the previous orders… I am going to have a lot of franken-testers for vaping in a few months.

7 Likes

so…a ham and biscuit e-liquid now Pugs? really? mayo or mustard? smoked ham?

6 Likes

I am too scared to ask the lab for these lol

Also to some of the comments above, we need to get along :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Smoked ham might be alright, especially for all the French Toast lovers! Sounds like it would come across as a vape much better than… Bacon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now I want sausage patties! :grinning:

3 Likes

Smoked a pre cooked 3.5kg ham the weekend using cherry wood and covered it in a Pineapple Juice and Brown Sugar glaze. Took just under 5 hours to cook. It was so sweet and tender, and the tastiest one I have done so far. Pretty sure it wouldn’t work as a vape flavour :slight_smile:, But lovely with some warm crusty bread with butter and honey mustard spread on it.

p.s. Don’t know if any UK vapers know but Rainbowvapes are stocking some of these now @ £1.89 per 10ml. Just ordered my first 10 flavours in the range to try, looking forward to getting them.

3 Likes

I taste tested the SC Taffy Base today at 2.5% and am quite impressed. I probably haven’t ate taffy in 30 years but it tastes like what I expected it should. This should be quite tasty mixed with some fruit.

Butter Cream, Caramel, Chocolate and Cinnamon Toast v1 all get tasted recently at 2 - 2.5% and all tasted nice though all were bit lighter than I expected.

Next in the sampling queue is Souffle and Meringue.

4 Likes

My wish list of truly odd flavors is long and getting longer. Does Walt have a suggestion box nailed up next to his office door yet ? LOL

1 Like

One of the new flavors out is carrot which I thought was odd.

1 Like

Fozzy, fidalgo, … I think I’m in trouble…

Order Details
Product Total
Baklava - Super Concentrate × 1
Blueberry Pastry - Super Concentrate × 1
Brown Sugar - Super Concentrate x 1
Butter Crisp Candy Bar Type - Super Concentrate × 1
Butter Toffee - Super Concentrate × 1
Coffee - Super Concentrate × 1
Condensed Milk - Super Concentrate × 1
Deep Fried Spongecake - Super Concentrate × 1
French Toast 2 - Super Concentrate × 1
Fruit Pebbles - Super Concentrate × 1
Guava - Super Concentrate × 1
Lemon Cookie - Super Concentrate × 1
Meringue - Super Concentrate × 1
Molasses - Super Concentrate × 1
Nutmeg - Super Concentrate × 1
Oatmeal Cookie - Super Concentrate × 1
Paczki - Super Concentrate × 1
Peanut Butter - Super Concentrate × 1
Pumpkin Pie - Super Concentrate × 1
Rice Crispy Treat - Super Concentrate × 1
Rice Pudding - Super Concentrate × 1
Root Beer - Old Fashioned Style - Super Concentrate × 1
Shortbread Cookie - Super Concentrate × 1
Sweet Potato - Super Concentrate × 1

8 Likes

I’m not so good a notes either. You’ve actually made some good ones here, and that’s why I was wondering about just compiliing them all in one post. What was strange about the Baklava ??

1 Like

It has an odd/off taste that I first described as similar to cloves but not sure if that is correct. It could be Nutmeg as the smell of the Nutmeg reminds me of the odd baklava taste, but Nutmeg didn’t have the off taste just the smell. I liked it at first as a standalone but I grew to dislike it as I vaped thru 220ml of it.

It does seem to play nice in recipes. Here is a good recipe I have used it in:

Pistachio Baklava
4.00% Pistachio (TFA)
2.00% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)
2.00% Baklava (Real Flavors)
2.00% Butter Pecan (FW)
0.25% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

Now I need to convert it to all RF SC once he comes out with a butter pecan flavor (I suppose I could sub almond or hazelnut for now) and I get some of his Pistachio.

Souffle is an odd one, not sure what I was expecting it threw me for a loop. It may be in part because I had vaped Taffy on the RDA before it. Meringue is tasty but light, but I have a feeling that is to be expected since it is not intended as a top note or single flavor. Both of these (and the others I mentioned in the last post) have only been steeping a few days.

4 Likes

Nice to hear about the Taffy, will have to put that in my next order.

The Caramel is probably too light in flavor to be useful for me, it will get used from time to time but not replace my favorite caramel when I need it to be bold. The Butter Cream is a great accent flavor, I have used it a few recipes and like what it adds but it is very mellow.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on the Souffle, that is one flavor I am on the fence about.

2 Likes

I just posted my first thoughts on the souffle but they are sorta vague as I am not sure what to make of it yet or what flavors I am tasting. Not what I was expecting when I googled ingredients of it. Next time I test it in a week or so I will try to remember to vape some unflavored first to clean off my wicks/coils.

4 Likes