Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

thanks,

use up to max 2.5% distilled water if you worried about it being to thick,
I find it wicks just fine in my cthulhu v3 rta 125watts dual 20g 6 wrap spaced (always) coils on 3.5mm bit
you could also use Propanediol 1,3 and stay away from petrochemicals -
I just cant see why you would go back to PG once using sc’s

2 Likes

I have tried distilled water for a max VG mix and it worked well but find I get better flavor with PG instead. I have also tried Propanediol 1,3 but found it muted some flavors after a while, was just not for me.

SC are just Super Concentrates which were used in VG prior but like most other flavor makers can also be used with PG. I am fortunate that I don’t have PG allergies so I don’t see the problem with using PG, at a 75 VG mix I am not concerned.

Different strokes for different folks, I am not going to argue the what not’s, do what works for you and I will do the same. The positive of all this is we are not smoking cigarettes anymore, let’s concentrate on that,

2 Likes

I like the way you review your flavors… very realistic approach with your descriptions. That apple pie sounds delicious and thanks for the heads up on the cheesecake. I’ve been pretty much stuck on MF Wild Razz, but after your notes, this SC Razz may be worth a try. Thanks for keeping it real and please post more.

EDIT I have the Lemonade but I haven’t tried it yet. Thanks for the usage % and steep time on this one.

6 Likes

Hey thanks for your reply, I used 1.5% cheesecake
its kinda unvapable atm, the taste is like inhaling a hot alochol pudding cant remember the one, no thats it, it tastes like a packet of biscuits soaked in contreau (alcohol liqueur) - but has the overwhelming gag/off putting boldness of a mothballs. (without the mothball taste, just describing how in your face it is) - either it will take ages to steep, im not doubting it will be great, or i used too much @ 1.5%

thanks

2 Likes

You are using too much. I tested it at 1.5%. I will probably never take it above 0.5% in a mix, and more often than not I will probably be using it at 0.25% as suggested by @mixologist:

Because some people have issues with too much VG like others have issues with too much PG. Anything over 70vg gives me chest tightness.

7 Likes

WooHoo…
Got my first RF SC’s today. 12 different flavours. Was randomly browsing rainbowvapes and saw they had them in stock. Going to mix them all up now in 10ml samples to identify with the flavours and steeping times then get creative. The vanilla custard smells amazing.

4 Likes

I just pulled the trigger on a bunch of RF SC from Rainbow, 20+ i think if i remember correctly.
Have been wanting to try them out for a while now and it was finally time.
Looking forward to a new way of mixing here with totally different levels on the % compared to lot of the other manufacturers of flavors.
Gonna be a fun ride.

11 Likes

Also recent studies show high temperatures, anything over 520 degrees F the VG can decompose and release Acreloin and Formaldehyde. The VG was the culprit. Adding some Pg or some distilled water effectively reduces the temperature at which the liquid boils. I For one am going to switch my regular 70/30 VG PG mixl. Going to try 80/20 and begin to add 3-5% distilled water

2 Likes

The formaldehyde ‘study’ has been discredited many many times. The research used a variable voltage mod, and applied 3.3V and 5.0V to a top coil CE4 atomiser for 4 seconds per puff. No formaldehyde was discovered at 3.3V. At 5.0V, researchers claim to find formaldehyde levels up to 15 times higher than that found in traditional cigarette smoke. It wasn’t recent either, it was two or three years ago.

2 Likes

I am aware of said study and agree the test did not replicate real world vaping scenarios. This was a more recent post that someone linked. Cant find it right now but it said test was conducted in a “wind tunnel”.

1 Like

Fozzy actually posted the original link to ECF that broke it all down and the 104 page thread, at last chexk, on all the responses. It’s a good read. Not going to change the way I vape but a good read none the less.

3 Likes

This is the most recent one that I had saved. It’s heavy going if you can get through it lol
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273230015301549

2 Likes

I think staying openminded to the “evidence” as it is presented is important. As I consider Vaping to be harm reduction i think it is prudent to at least consider the evidence and look for safer solutions wherever possible. Ex people enjoy FW yellow cake but many,myself included, have subbed it out after learning it contains fructose

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a look at that. I’m not familiar with that study.

1 Like

Umm I wear a size medium :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

I am working on trying to get a way to have this added on to the orders. Some items are only available at a few warehouses. Soon I promise a better way to get in on the swag train haha.

Crazy to think that 2% is too much?! I think it makes it harder but in the end that 1 oz bottle will last a WAY longer time than a TFA 1oz :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the review! I am glad you are finding success!

This one made me crack up… Yeah the joys of no D/AP… Pure ass taste (PS taking your word here on the taste of ass… Not in the beta testing market for that haha!)

Thank you for your write up and honest thoughts! I enjoyed looking them over and I am sure others will find them useful. (You too @mjag)

Welcome to the family! I am glad Rainbow was able to help you out there!

lol Aye!

4 Likes

Thank you dear. That certainly gave me a laugh if nothing else lol

3 Likes

Myself and @Fenrir1 will be expecting ours in the mail :grin:

2 Likes

So you’ll have nothing to worry about now, considering you’re all about TC :grin:

3 Likes