Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Considering the number of flavors I have on the way, I better get this done now. All testing is done either in a Target tank with the .9 kanthal Ccell coils @ 20-25w or in an IsubG with .5 SS coils on Ego One Mega batteries.

Peach: Mixed @ 1.5%, tested @ 24 hrs and… haven’t put a batch down since, lol. The oldest batch I’ve tasted was two months old only because I had made numerous 50 mil batches before remembering to finish off that first tester, lol.

What can I say, I’m ruined for all other peaches.

At 24 hrs it was amazingly crisp, slightly tart and very sweet like a fresh from the tree fruit. It was a miracle! This was my experience for the next week or two over which time the shocking crisp/tart aspect seems to have mellowed but the flavor and sweetness has not faded at all, if anything the flavor got stronger.

At two months it’s still very strong and sweet, not much change from the two week mark as far as I could tell.

I haven’t used this in any cream or bakery mixes but in several tea and fruit combo mixes it holds its own well from .5-1%. It can become more subtle with teas but retains a distinctive peachy note in the mix. To be honest, I haven’t played around much with this in recipes because it’s just so damn good by itself, lol.

Strawberry: Mixed @ 1.5%, tested @ 24 hrs and periodically throughout a few months.

It’s the best strawberry I’ve ever had in a vape!

Many others have written notes about how good this is so in that respect, I’d only be echoing their songs of praise. It’s far more realistic than candy or jello, not as sweet or processed as preserves yet it’s not exactly fresh picked IMO. Others have reported fading after a steep which I have not noticed. Much like the peach, it started out with a crisp/tart mouth shock which mellowed but the overall flavor doesn’t seem to have diminished as far as I can tell.

Caveat* This one is so good I haven’t tried it in any mixes yet so fading may occur in many cases that I’m not aware of.

Cherry: Mixed @ 1.5%, tested @ one week and periodically throughout the next few months.

Very nice! But….

This is a very bright, sweet, fruity flavor. It’s not an artificial cherry like jello or cough syrup but to my tastes, it’s not the dark, tart, distinctive cherry I was hoping for. When mixed in the tank half and half with Cap Creamy Yogurt, that distinctive cherry flavor popped out as it does in cherry yogurt. Over all I’m very happy with this considering the other cherries that have failed me but for someone expecting a fresh picked flavor, it might be a letdown. I’ve got the Wild Cherry and Cherry pie on the way so I’ll report back on those eventually.

I haven’t mixed anything with this aside from the yogurt because I have a ton of berry and fruit flavors that are all very nice, I just need to find time to mix all the recipes I have in mind for them, lol.

Yumberry: V1 mixed @1.5%, tested at 24hrs – two weeks. V2 mixed @ 2%, tested one week to one month.

Over all this is every bit YUM!

To start off, I didn’t know what to expect from this since I’ve never had the real Asian berry also known as yangmei. I can’t even compare it to anything aside from saying if you like berry flavors, you will like this. It’s bright, sweet, slightly tart and crisp tasting, not artificial at but it does have a kind of hard candy aspect to it and isn’t very juicy in texture.

V1 seemed to fade toward the end of the test sample but I wasn’t sure if I was getting vaper’s tongue or if it was really fading. In hind sight I think it was vaper’s tongue because V2 became almost too strong toward the end and seemed to get dryer to an unpleasant degree. Keep in mind, I lean toward lighter, delicate flavors so maybe it’s just me. The dryness can easily be fixed with a bit of cactus and pear so that will be my next project.

As with the others I haven’t played around too much with this but I definitely like it and have a lot of ideas for it.

Coffee: Mixed @ 1% tested at two weeks through two months.

As a single flavor this wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t better than the other coffees I’ve tried. It reminded me of when a coworker would make the office coffee too weak then leave it in the warm pot all day until it evaporated into a stronger flavor; not horrid just not fresh brewed and uplifting if that makes sense.

It didn’t seem likely to me that making it stronger would improve the quality of the overall flavor but based on the smell, I had already used it in a few recipes. That’s where this shines! At .5-1.5% added to other coffee flavors and creams, it adds the subtle bean bite without giving the burned rubber taste that other coffees can get if you make them too strong. I look forward to playing with this a lot more.

Sweetened Condensed Milk: Mixed @ .5% tasted after one month.

As a single flavor it was sweeter and richer than unflavored juice but not noticeably creamy. I plan to try this at higher percentages. It wouldn’t be fair of me to give any more of a review than this as a single. In recipes with coffee and a few other creams it added a really nice layer.

Butter Toffee: V1 Mixed @ 1% tested at one month. V2 @ .5% tested at two weeks then further cut by ½ with unflavored.

This is a tough one for me to report on. As a single flavor, the flavor itself is delicious @ 1%! It’s buttery rich and very authentic to a homemade toffee, it could have been an ADV and a main star in many of my mixes. Could have been…. The problem is the strange, sharp tickle it gives me at the back of my throat at any percentage. Please believe me when I say, the flavor itself is so very good! If you’re not prone to getting this strange tickle from some flavors, then take the plunge on this absolutely! It’s so good that I’m still looking for a way to nullify the tickle effect.

So far, one recipe that I have is using 1% each of RF Coffee, RF SC Milk, RF Butter Toffee and TPA Smooth, after a two month steep there’s almost no tickle and the flavor is very promising. Before I use the last of this delicious yet tickly flavor in pancakes I’m going to try using a 1:1 ratio with Smooth, a strong cream and a really long steep.

It might take a year or more for me to review all the new flavors I’ve got on the way but I’ll try to be thorough and do a little at a time as I get to testing them all.

13 Likes

This saddens so much, it was on my list for when i order next but it will have to drop down a few spots to wait for others input. I dont want another bottle on the shelf that i love but cant vape.

3 Likes

I could send you a little bit, maybe ten mils and if it doesn’t work for you add 1/2 tsp per egg to your french toast mix, lol. It’s really good that way too.

2 Likes

I mixed the Bread Pudding into a butter cream frosting i made and it did the same thing to me, i wept…

2 Likes

You mean eating it as a regular food flavor gives you a tickle?

2 Likes

Yeah, its the VG tho. The VG Butterscotch Pudding did the same when i added it to pudding. Weird how this effects so few of us and and different ways. Not just weird, its maddening, 2 of the best flavors i have ever tried i cant do anything with. I was going to order the SC versions but i chickened out.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. It seems to only effect me when vaping it. I really wish we could find a correlation to predict this, like if you ever had measles, some certain chemical will give you a tickle. Maybe in time. :pensive:

2 Likes

It might be our Martian ginger genes…

3 Likes

:open_mouth: I never even thought of that! Well, it wouldn’t be that though because my youngest doesn’t get this and he’s one of us. He also vapes an astounding amount of pure garbage so maybe he’s just immune?

4 Likes

I’m about 50/50 with my (SC) RF purchases but this one did make the cut for me. It mixes well with other flavors and for me the SF is probably double as your test. I personally didn’t get any weird side effects from this flavor. Toffee is a flavor I’ve wanted for a good while and I’ve purchased 3 others besides this one and I must say it’s the best I’ve tried so far.

8 Likes

Pancake at 2.5% came off good initially, but after vaping it for just a few minutes, starting to fade in flavor.

Will try another batch at 1.5%.

Just a head up, I am using very high power, and with more power, I find you need less flavoring.

Using dual, fused, twisted, Clapton coils, 6 wraps at .26 ohms (kanthal) at 147 watts, 6.20 volts.

Not a lot of people use this level of power when vaping, just thought it might be relevant as to why I am finding lower %'s better.

2 Likes

It really is SO GOOD! I hope this review doesn’t dissuade anyone from getting it. It’s probably some ginger alien measles thing that makes this happen to me, and Ken, and maybe three other people, lol. I’m hoping to find a fix.

5 Likes

ya im with you there on the 50 /50 thing i jsut tested another 5 flaves tonight which ill be putting the notes up the only one that i thought was 5star was the strawberry the others i tested tonight were yumberry , mixed berries, raspberry , and sugar cookie the sugar cookie wasnt bad

5 Likes

The SB is great, but I’ve found when mixed with some flavors it does struggle to shine. Creams seem to knock this down quite a bit. I also notice this with a mix with my milk chocolate base which is mostly cream. I do have a custard mix and boy it’s really good with it.

5 Likes

ill keep testing some of these at different percents thats the whole point of SF testing right , lol , i did change testing up a bit tonight , i usually use a rda with dual clapton at .25 to .35 ohms and mess with the temp until i find the right setting , tonight i decided to use a sub ohm tank , i did this because not everyone uses rdas and the cleito has as good flavor as anything imo but i use the .4 ohm coils and cant vape over 50 which is typical.for me anyway , my thought is that a good flavor will be good in a rda /rta or sub ohm tank with good stock coils yes a rda with a nice set up should be better but a sub ohm tank should be good… anyway im happy for anyone who could take all their flaves they buy and think they are good i just havent been that lucky This thread show that " taste is subjective " i never knew how subjective until RFSC started to become the rave

8 Likes

Id say im about 65/35 right now, the creams arent bad but they need help, diacetyl help. I like the majority of the fruits and beverages enough to replace other flavors. Not bad considering i dont like any other companies offerings to that extent, outside of MF.

8 Likes

Currently have Blue Raspberry in solo mixes at 1.5% and another at 3%.

Can’t seem to get much flavor from these, the 3% is a little better, but fades as I vape it.

Did you ever land on a happy % for this flavor?

1 Like

not even FA , the fruits have been nice and the milk was absolutely great so im hoping the creams are like the milk

3 Likes

I have a few from FA that i like, a few from INW, quite a few from RF and quite a few from FLV.

Sucks about the FLV, i bought a buy one get one sample pack when they first came out and asked for all Vanilla Custard because the mods on reddit said that it was the shit. I mixed it, vaped it, mixed some more and vaped it, tinkered with the %s and got buttburt because it wasnt the VC V1 killer they said it was.

Due to the major butthurt i had i gave away the rest and never ordered from them again.

That is until @SthrnMixer sent me Honey Bee and my love for FLV began to fester deep inside my soulless ginger heart. Where a RF SC didnt work for me a similar offering from FLV has, these will be the two companies i concentrate my efforts on, for the time being.

I have a few from INW and FA that i very much like and a whole bunch i dont.

9 Likes

i havent really dipped into FLV flaves i have certain things i like here and there but overall percentage id have to say FA has seemed to always have what i want or need and everyone else has their VCV1 home runs but just a few lol tbe nice thing about this is know one could be right or wrong it about individual taste

6 Likes