Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I might have been a little harsh stating that I wouldn’t buy anything else from RF, my testing has not been completely done on the 5 or 6 flav’s I have. My appologies.

4 Likes

you could not have picked a better flavor to help me say this.

Super Concentrate

RF Strawberry Milkshake VG version I use regularly at 16% to 20% with 1% TPA marshmallow for my wife and son

Comparing that to

RF Strawberry Milkshake SC for you at 3%

Now I would say in comparison that is Absolutely Super Concentrated because it is the same flavor without the added VG

4 Likes

I believe that is the guide for making flavored marshmallow’s not e-liquid LOL

3 Likes

We need to keep in mind RF is a FOOD FLAVORING company not a e-liquid flavoring company

4 Likes

agreed, doesn’t really taste like I expected. the nose is a spicy cinnamon that isn’t there much in the vape. I do get some bakery notes but not like I was hoping. I think I did 2.5% as well so maybe we should be trying this one higher like 3.5% or possibly more?

2 Likes

I would love to hear your results at the higher %

I have tried every version 1 cinnamon in the VG line with that same results you both just posted at 12% and under originally and just gave up they are still nearly full 2oz bottles.

I am going to re-mix all of them at 20% soon and see how that go’s before buying any of the SC versions.

3 Likes

I’m bumping up this comment in hopes that @Walt_RealFlavors will answer this when he next drop in.

6 Likes

No apologies needed I truly only wanted to point out what is becoming obvious as I read people stating there disappointment with the 1 to 2 % range.

I have been very busy the past few days and have not had time to reply to this until today.

I was honestly not trying to single you out in any way at all it was just easy to do the quote to start my reply.

In hind sight I should have done a general reply to the thread

Sorry

5 Likes

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE here comes another and excuse me for my lack of knowing how to describe this flavor but ill do my best

Real Flavors SC French Toast V2 @2.5% mixed 3-28 tested 4-16 dual clapton .3 ohms velocity v2

On the inhale im thinking this is great but by the time im done pushing the fire button i have this weird taste in my mouth that reminds me of the smell FA joy has to it a stale beer or like another member said a piece of soggy under cooked FT all the other flavor notes are good i taste a bit of syrup , butter and cinnamon but the taste that is hard for me to put my finger on over takes all of these other good notes , without that taste it would be a winner maybe at 4 pct this taste will go away on the other hand it may get worse we will see in two weeks

5 Likes

Wow ive never looked at this way and assumed that guide was for vaping i always forget there is another purpose for these

4 Likes

It will be a while before I get around to re-testing at higher percents. I still have 19 un-tested flavors and loads of steeped recipes and franken-testers to vape. I also really want to get back to testing actual recipes instead of just single flavor testing…

3 Likes

Very good description and I tested 2 of the V2 flavors and totally agree with the weird but familiar flavor but I just can not put my finger on what it is. What I am sure of is I do not like it.

4 Likes

have you (or anyone else?) tested nutmeg? I just vaped my 1% tester and I again think that could be what gives the v2’s their odd taste.

4 Likes

That is what I am leaning towards but have not tried nutmeg and to be honest really do not want to try the real nutmeg from our spice rack by itself to find out.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot fidalgo. I still have my v.2 steeping for a few more days. I’m in love with v.1, and now I’m curious to see how the v.2 fares.

2 Likes

Most times ^^^^^ that is all that matters…

3 Likes

I bought nutmeg, and you might be onto something here. I open each new flavor and give them a good sniffing to see what they smell like, and I smelled the Nutmeg first, then a few more, then the FT v.2 and went back and checked the Nutmeg as I think that might be it. Not sure yet though.

2 Likes

I believe I gave a shoutout to @Walt_RealFlavors asking him if it was that, or something else like cloves or maybe just a tweaked/new cinnamon, that was in the v2’s but he never replied IIRC.

2 Likes

does the v1 have that taste ??? because if it had all other aspects to it besides the funny taste id jump all over it

1 Like

none of the V1’s had that off flavor like the V2;s do but I can not tell you if they are the same other than that because all I taste in the V2’s is the off flavor. I can not taste anything else as it is very potent to me anyway.

3 Likes