Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

What ^^^^ he said. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i hope that @Walt_RealFlavors takes none of my opinions (notes) as an insult or any negative way , this i will promise ill continue to test the flavors at different percentages so if at 2 pct it doesnt work im then making them at 1 and 3 pct , hopefully this will help everyone one way or another

7 Likes

You make a good point. Thanx for the reply!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve already upped the percentage of a few that I found to be weak and theyā€™re steeping at the minute.

3 Likes

Agreed. Sounds like Walt just likes HONEST opinions, no more, no less. My tastebuds ainā€™t the best, and everyone knows flavor/taste CAN be very personal, different for many. Iā€™m still waiting on my next big batch of 2.5% to continue as well fidalgo.

2 Likes

In a fruit recipe that you are trying to sweeten, what are you all using Marshmallow RFSC @ ?

3 Likes

I have only used it in my strawberries and cream but 0.50% of marshmallow was more than enough for me.

6 Likes

LOL, Iā€™m waaaay behind that, Iā€™m still jammed up with 15ml steepers, and I have 3 more sets to do. Loading 15 on deck at a time. I havenā€™t even begun to mixā€™m !!!

I havenā€™t even tried the MM as a stand alone. Anyone have any experience with it yet ??

I use FA 1pct apprx and then tpa .75 up to 2pct those two have been great for sweeteners and mouthfeel if im using a MM for just sweetener or mouthfeel TPA is cheap and does the job

1 Like

@mjag what is your take on the MM, taste, sweet, mouthfeel, etc. ?

2 Likes

Of course. I just put my Easter order in and now i read about the RF SC graham cracker. Personally i use Cap V1 in combination with OOO but their is always room for improvement :wink: RF SC GC added to my cart for next time. Thank you for your notes

4 Likes

Median in recipes on ELR is 1%. I SF tested it at 1.5% and thought it was good. I have it in 38 recipes in my calculator at avg of 0.6% but I only see two of those 38 that I am confident I have tested it in:

Filthy Fritter V1 (RFSC)
1.50% Apple (Real Flavors)
0.75% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.75% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

sub strawberry or apple for yumberry
21Jan - lower apple I think and increase the others a bit to compensate

and

White mice rice 100ml (RFSC)
1.50% Rice Krispy Treat (Real Flavors)
0.90% White Chocolate (Real Flavors)
0.70% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.50% Caramel (Real Flavors)
0.50% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)

7 Likes

French Toast v.2 SC 2.5% (4-18-17) ā€“ Over 2 weeks steeped, comparing it to French Toast v.1. First thing I noticed was v.2 had a much more body, with a clear increase in bread/egg, and was less sweet, and less maple syrup than v.1. I enjoyed the egg/bread and decreased sweetness, but as others have noted there is a new NOTE in the v.2. At first I smelled the RF SC Nutmeg and it doesnā€™t seem to be ā€œitā€, perhaps a smidge of it, but maybe itā€™s a clove theyā€™ve added. Not sure if I like it or not, but itā€™s clearly there. Trying to decide if the added body, increased bread/egg outweighs the added clovey note or not. Itā€™s not totally OFF-putting, but Iā€™m not a fan. They could have left it out, maybe added a touch (slight) of nutmeg and it probably would have been better. IMO v.1 > v.2. This one rates to me @ 7/10.

7 Likes

Bavarian Cream SC 2.5% (4-17-17) ā€“ 2+ weeks steeped, this is an intersting flavor. My current fav. is TPA BC for comparison. The RFSC is a very nice, and even cream with some bavarian, nowhere near as potent as the TPA. Very good none the less, and more subtle with the bavarian, with a smooth creaminess in the front. Tested @ 2.5%, might try higher to see if it brings out the bavarian portion. Overall, a very good cream with some Bavarian. Going with a 8/10 @ 2.5%.

5 Likes

Donā€™t think thereā€™s any way I can vape the original cheesecake @ 2.5% (we all knew it was too high), may have to cut this back to .5% and let re-steep and test. Can tell by smelling the bottle that 2.5 would be bad news.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing all your tasting notes! I know itā€™s time consuming, but much appreciated. I hope you are also adding them to the database on the flavor pages to help all those researching that donā€™t use the forums?

Thankful for you sharing your knowledge :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks very much Rose. Iā€™m not sure how much value my limited tasting notes add, but thank you. Thus far, Iā€™ve only added them here, and on my running ā€œReal Flavors SC Multiple Flavorsā€ recipie, but thanks to you, I will try and compile and put in the database as well.

5 Likes

I think your notes are greatā€¦ if nothing else when I try and test my flavors (and itā€™s something youā€™ve or another that elaborates about) I try and see if I taste what you (or another person) elated to. It helps me ā€œthink outā€ what Iā€™m tastingā€¦ so thanks @SessionDrummer

7 Likes

We donā€™t always need a huge profile breakdown. Your notes get the most important aspects across, and we can always ask you questions if we want to know a specific thing.

And yes, I always encourage adding them to the data base. I had been mixing for 1+ years before I ever even realized the forum was here. And there are many that go to ELR during research just to read the notes and percentages used. So it provides a huge help to a larger percentage of mixers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

To me FA MM has more of an accurate taste and mouthfeel but the RF SC give more of a sweetness punch. I will still use both just depending on what effect I am looking for. I just got the RFSC MM in my last order so have not used it much, the comparison is coming from a mix I made were I used both and from the smell of each.

2 Likes