Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

The deep fried C&C (Oreo Beta in my case) is even better IMO. I am very happy with all their chocolates I have tested so far: chocolate, white choc, brownie, C&C, DF C&C, etc.

7 Likes

Looks like Iā€™ll be making another purchase soon!

4 Likes

RE-TEST Apple Pie SC 2.5% (4-22-17) ā€“ After a remix, and a 2+ week steep, not much has changed. Still an overall good apple pie filling. Crust did not increase after the extra week steep. Might not be quite as sharp now. Not fading, just not quite as sharp as before. Still giving it a 8/10.

6 Likes

Did you do anything differently than the original post (i.e. increase the flavoring to 3%?) or did you just remix a new batch at 2.5% again?
I have the flavoring and havenā€™t cracked the seal on it as of yet.

3 Likes

@CallMeTut I did not mix it higher (3.0%) as I wouldnā€™t have known (if there had been a change) whether the higher percentage, or longer steep did it. @ 2.5% @ 2+ weeks was where I re-tested it. I would be curious to hear your take on it, as everyoneā€™s taste(s) are different, and more feedback is very welcomed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Testing note on Guava. Itā€™s stronger than a fish market on the hottest afternoon of the summer. That is all.

9 Likes

Mixing at 2.5% 80/20 (vg/pg) and 5mg/ml nic

2 Likes

do you find that it is to floral / perfumey

3 Likes

I really donā€™t know how to answer that. I wouldnā€™t describe it as floral or purfumey. It just took over the mix. With pineapple, orange and passion fruit all I can smell or taste is guava. I covered it with a paper towel held on by a rubberband to vent off over night and half the house smells like guava.

6 Likes

Post edited. You are correct. My understanding of Walts answer is that the RF SC are alcohol based being 3proof alcohol then correct?

3 Likes

3%, not proof, and they can have PDO in them:

Walt_RealFlavors

It is very rarely PG, if it is, it is a very small amount (under 1%). I think that is only in 2 flavors as well.

The liquid you see is a mix of VG, PDO, or a different carrier like distilled water. (with the 3% alc in that), that is what Alcohol base is. We are working on getting the specific gravity listed on ALL flavors soon

6 Likes

Mixed 7 new testers late yesterday at 3%, let them breathe with the caps loosened yet still on at an angle for two hours this morning, and so far tested sugar cub and hazelnut. Both of these are quite tasty already so I have high hopes for them once steeped a month. Sugar Cub should be a great standalone mixer I think though depending on how it steeps I expect I will be mixing it at least 3.5% like I do with most of my RF, or possibly even higher.

4 Likes

Ah hah i thought i read that couldnt find it. @MysticRose :stuck_out_tongue: lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m confused now :frowning:

2 Likes

The post I quoted is what @Walt_RealFlavors posted recently in the VG thread (I think) when asked. I actually went over to ECF to get that text as I had cross-posted it there for someone with a PG allergy and knew I could find it faster over there than trying to search waltā€™s posts here.

2 Likes

Oh god no, I just recieved the concentrates the previous day. I just try them as early as I do so that I can make secondary and sometimes third mixes of the flavor and get them steeping. Itā€™s quicker to me to have multiple mixes of the same flavor aging at the same time. Currently have a 1.5, 2.5 and am considering a 1% mix depending on how testing goes tonite.

I just hate waiting weeks only to have to remix the recipe, I know my opinions are a bit preemptive.

@MysticRose
Yes, you remember correctly, I generally use relatively high wattages in comparison to what I see everyone else using. Have considered turning it down, but then it just doesnā€™t hit like I want. I used to smoke and that hot vape is what I chase. It does require a bit more tweaking for my recipes though (generally, lower percentages from what I have noticed).

2 Likes

i only ask because for me it is too floral/perfume like not to knock Rfsc they arent the only one FA and MF are like that as well

1 Like

I think Iā€™m going to bump it way down in the mix. I really wish I could describe the taste better for you but I donā€™t have a clue. Itā€™s just strong.

2 Likes

i hear ya bro it is strong but that a plus right ??? they are supposed to be strong

2 Likes

Sangria mixed 2%, tested at 18 hours because I just couldnā€™t help myself, lol.

This.

Is.

DIVINE!

I knew from the smell and finger test last night that this would be good but I was unprepared for how glorious this is. The shocker for me is, itā€™s so very close to Wild Berry Zinger from Celestial Seasonings, something Iā€™ve been trying to capture as an NET. Itā€™s dark sweet and fruity with a hint of floral on the inhale not as herbal as drinking actual Zinger but very close in flavor. The exhale is the same with less floral, more hints of the wine flavor. These aspects may change with a longer steep but my 10mil sample will not last that long, hell, itā€™s not going to last another day. I need to go mix a couple 50mils!

Iā€™ll update again in the flavor notes on the recipe side as to any changes over time. Iā€™m planning to mix this with Soda Base, Blood Orange, Strawberry Gelato and of course, a variety of teas.

9 Likes