Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Just because they share the name Burst doesn’t mean they are equal in any way. Each and every flavor has its own properties and strengths and should be mixed based on that. So all you need to do is to find out how to mix the different versions of Burst to suite your need.
Sometimes less is more and sometimes more is what you need.

4 Likes

I know what you mean, but still say… Well… they should be similar! I know, not all flavors are the same etc. Similar names of a group should at least be close by design.

They all say SC and 1-2.5% on the bottle. I know they are “aimed” at “food” usage, but not really and that’s why we’re all here, along with Walt too. I’m sure some companies do use them for food, but I’m betting the larger chunk of RF’s customer base is us, and even if not surely our base provides the majority and the most generally informative feedback.

I’m sure Walt tries to get most all of the flavors working for a large average group of us at around the same strengths across the line, and yes I know this isn’t always going to be possible. But, I’d hope our feedback will help him notice maybe some are much weaker than others and possibly get them back into the lab for testing and revisions.

These are SC, we shouldn’t have to even consider testing 8-10%, that defeats the purpose of the SC line. And that percentage is what I’m guessing Orange Burst might need before it tastes orange, same with Lemonade too. I am not a heavy flavor vapor either, many of the SC flavors are fully flavored to me at 1-2% even, so it’s not that I maybe need more flavor than many others. I vape 70VG at 1.6-1.8ohms, in various tanks, no super low ohms or roasting flavors with 1000W here.

I’m not bashing, only joining in to give feedback and hoping to see improvements when possible. :+1:

6 Likes

Why should they?

And i am absolutely confident that the biggest customer base isn’t vapers at all. I would say though that the vaping chunk probably is growing fast.

I think @wvsanta put it elegantly before that this number actually is aimed for the use in food and bakery not e-liquid and should therefore be taken into consideration and not taken so serious.

3 Likes

The two flavors I’m mainly talking about now, should be similar for two reasons.

One being they are both replica candies and in the same line.
And two as mentioned above they are SC and should try to fall in line with most of the rest of the lineup 1-2.5% as shown on the bottle (2-4% ideally, or less).

I do not follow what’s on the bottle, only mentioned because it’s supposed to be SC as labelled. However, I do hope and expect the SC line to be SC, 2-4% ideally but 4-5% maybe, 6-8+ is going well out of what we’d consider SC. And yes “Food”, I said that in the first sentence following the 1-2.5% I mentioned, I know “food” must be said/considered, same with all flavorings.

I initially ran into Walt as a juice only company, not flavors and not the RF brand. And I believe that was his starting point in flavors/juice back then too, so that’s why I assume majority of sales is vapers and vaping/juice companies. Maybe not though? But I bet we do talk to him the most, and provide the most valuable feedback for suggestions and needed changes etc.

My main concern was hoping to provide feedback and hopefully help improve the flavors for everyone in the future. Without our feedback nothing can be changed or improved, aversions to or dissuading customer feedback doesn’t help anything, this was covered at length yesterday.

6 Likes

Thank you for posting your findings and your are right about feedback is the only way things get better. I would never want anyone to feel they can not post there opinion on ELR about anything.

I hope I can clear up a few things I think have been confusing to some about what I have posted concerning RF flavors. I am listing the SC versions I am currently working on so that maybe some of the confusion over things I have said will be clearer for some.

From the Beta Lab collection
Deep fried Oreo
Butterfinger Type
Deep Fried Twinkie
French Toast V2
Cinnamon Roll V2
Blueberry Pastry
Melon Medley

From the regular line up
Baklava
Cookies & Cream

I will not get into my thoughts on the following ones because there formula was changed before release into the regular line up so it would be pointless.
French Toast V2
Cinnamon Roll V2
Blueberry Pastry

Now for the other ones I have listed I want to make this perfectly clear.

MY TESTING IS NOT 100% COMPLETE YET

That being said and out of the way I am currently at 3% to 5% usage and so far have found that to be the happy spot. Keep in mind for me and what I have tested so far that works out to be 3 to 5% total flavoring in a vape that I consider just as good as any complex recipe I have tried to date. Not bad at all in my opinion.

How is my testing being done? My son and myself are the ones doing the tasting

My style would be described as a very restricted direct lung and someplace in the range of 0.30 to 0.50 ohms in Temperature Control using SS316L

My Sons style would be best described as wide open balls to the walls high wattage cloud competition super low ohm builds running wattage mode (125 watts and above) but mostly on mech mods. .

My Wife who just recently quit smoking and now is vaping falls someplace in-between my Son and Myself. My wife does not take part in the tasting.

This gives me a very good idea of how these flavors do over a very wide range of vaping styles so I am very cautious to post my thoughts now that my Son has got involved.

About 6 months ago I made the switch to only using RF flavors due to PG sensitivity so I have that much time under my belt with using the VG line and still do use them. I only just recently have started experimenting with the SC versions just like most of us posting here so this is all new flavorings to us all and will take a lot of testing to sort everything out.

I truly hope this will clear up any confusion that people may have about anything I have posted. I know that @Walt_RealFlavors truly wants everyone’s feedback Good or Bad because I know for a fact he does care about making the best flavors possible.

In the interest of clearing up one more thing. @Walt_RealFlavors stated someplace that the food industry is his biggest customer base and if memory serves me right I think he mentioned 40% from the vaping community and 60% from the food industry but if that is wrong I am sure he will clarify that for us.

8 Likes

I saw this on another forum:

Sorry to say but the packaging sucked I opened the bottle and while pouring, the Droper thingi popped out and I wasted approx 40ml of Cinamon Roll, Luckily I was wearing gloves, but some liquid still got in and now I have a patch on my thumb.

anyone else had this problem @Walt_RealFlavors ?

1 Like

The last 3 or 4 orders have come in perfect with exception of the cup I ordered, it came in cracked :frowning:

1 Like

They posted it on here also.

2 Likes

I ordered direct so I didn’t get any little dripping bottles. In fact the bottle wrap was some of the heftiest I have yet to encounter

3 Likes

Thanks Walt! I keep looking for more feedback on the Watermelon. Seems pretty quiet out there :frowning: I wanted to love it, I just don’t. So if you are thinking about or ever do reformulate it, well I’ll be on it like stink on a hobo.

Can anyone else weigh in on this flavor? So far @juice_junkie_lover is the only one with tasting notes on the db.

2 Likes

I found watermelon to be a little bit too sharp/acidic and too much rind, the latter rind may simply be due to it’s sharpness

I do enjoy it, but also think it could be improved. I tested at 1-2-3% all were good, but the above applied at each level. I think EM would help on that from our end, but I think it would also blunt some of the flavor, and adding a sweetener may help on some but also I think it would increase the acidic aspect so may not be a good move either.

5 Likes

Didn’t @woftam post a bunch of fruit pizza recipes with watermelon in most of them?

2 Likes

He did do that and they are all based on Watermelon all 6 slices.

3 Likes

With respect, that doesn’t help me much nor does it help Walt. I’m hoping to hear from others…several others…on their taste perception of this specific flavor. I’ve mentioned to Walt the off taste I get from it. It’s not very flattering so I prefer not to mention it again…especially with all the lengths RF has gone to to bring us these quality concentrates. Suffice it to say one mixer and his recipes won’t really help me determine if it’s merely my own perception or if anyone else picks up what I do.

3 Likes

You were asking if anyone else could weigh in on the watermelon so I thought a shout out to him might help you. I guess you didn’t actually want other user’s input?

1 Like

I just tried out the tester I had steeping. It’s only been in for 2 weeks so probably not the best indicator. I found it nice enough and very authentic. I did think it tasted slightly like an under-ripe water melon, or of the rind. It’s also got an acidic aftertaste that I can’t put my finger on, but I noted that this could over power mixes, it seems to linger on for ages. That’s the best I can do on it lol

1 Like

Thanks!!! Just the kind of input I’m looking for.

Wow Fozz, you figured me out. I ask for things but don’t really want them. You get a golden fucking cookie.

4 Likes

The notes I have make sense to me but they’re probably not much use to anyone else lol

3 Likes

Well that off taste I mentioned is present at all percentages of use. Walt was even kind enough to supply me another bottle from a different lot. I get the taste from that as well so I’m suspecting it’s just me. And I won’t put out any notes publicly until I know it’s just me or if others were to mention it as well.

1 Like

My tester is only in for 2 weeks. I decided to try it early when you mentioned it. I didn’t get any off taste from it at all.

1 Like