Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Good to hear. More and more I’m convinced it’s me and my wacked out taste buds. Thank you.

4 Likes

Would you like me to send you a 10ml of what I have? PM me ur Addy and you can see if mine is different for you. I know on certain flavors like marsh I get that musty mushrooms taste. I get it on a few FLV flavors as well. Idk I thought the watermelon was pretty good.

2 Likes

How nice!!! No, no need with this one. Walt kindly sent me a second bottle from a different lot. I do appreciate the kind offer. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Dropper thing?! I wonder if they had a rebottled one or something. We never ship with droppers or any type of cap that is made for dispensing. Humm…

2 Likes

We all taste different things but the fun part of it is playing and creating what you like. If it is my company or someone else, at least you are enjoying it.

4 Likes

I have the Watermelon but haven’t tried it yet, question thought (just wondering out loud here) is it possible that MTS (Vape Wizard) might help that sharpness out … 1 drop per 10 or 15 ml? @SthrnMixer …?

2 Likes

I only have my second mix steeping with watermellon. I was good but did have that rind note. It’s good but shined alittle too high. Mix number two I increased the percent of RF from 2 to 3 to see what it does.

I am also mixing with a bit of fresh cream FA marshmalllow FA and cucumber FA at a tiny percent with 1% dragonfruit tpa, 1% strawberry FA to give more red flavoring. Just an FYI.

2 Likes

8 Likes

FWIW i used the watermelon at 1% in a sf and found it very strong - the max i have used since is .5. At the higher % I didn’t like it much but didn’t get any off taste. At lower % is is a very realistic watermelon with a touch or rind (to me). Hopefully that helps although it looks like the conversation is over now.

6 Likes

Thank you. Very useful info. I’m going to keep trying!!!

4 Likes

I think the RFSC Watermelon is accurate and I will use it some but I actually prefer more of a candied Watermelon like CAP Sweet WM and for a Jolly Rancher type WM I usually grab for the Lorann colorless version. The RFSC reminds me a little of the INW version of watermelon but it has been awhile since I used it, just remember it being one of the most natural but missing the sweet kick I was looking for.

I only tried the RFSC in my strawberry/watermelon mix, replaced the CAP with the RFSC.

I just found my bottle of the RFSC strawberry/watermelon mix that I made back in December. It has surprisingly a lot of flavor for only 1% WM and 1% SB in the Augvape Druga RDA I am using right now I got in to review. It is harsh though but I did use 0.25% Ascorbic Acid I got from Nude Nicotine which they say at low levels can be used as a fruit booster. That was my first time using that so maybe that is adding to the harshness? I don’t recall it being harsh when I first mixed it, it could also be the 2% nic I have in it, I have been testing flavors without nic for the last few months.

I think I am going to try this mix again, 1% for watermelon but bump up strawberry to 1.5% as I am mostly tasting watermelon. This time no ascorbic acid and no nic but will add 0.50% RFSC Marshmallow for a little more sweetness. After trying it after such a long steep I do like the flavor so am going to see if I can make it better, for only 2% total flavor it is surprisingly flavorful.

I am not saying that super low percentages are needed though, just that it surprised me with these 2 flavors that I got as much flavor as I did with only 1% each. I did try one mix when I got a big order of RFSC’s and got lazy, added the last 7 flavors into a mix at 0.50% each and called it Kitchen Sink…lol. Should have called it Elvis because I mostly tasted Banana and Peanut Butter as a shake n vape but just tried it right now after 3 months and tastes like a Banana Cheesecake, yeah, that Cheesecake has taken over another mix but it is actually pretty good, not super strong but tasty for only have 3.5% flavor in it.

3 Likes

You said it much better than I, realistic with a touch of rind is what I was thinking too. I just tend to prefer my Watermelon to be more candy like but that is just my preference.

Didn’t see this before I posted my thoughts but will lower my mix to 0.50% on the watermelon, it overpowered the strawberry in my mix. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

4 Likes

For me Watermelon RF is amazing flavor. It is very strong and does not fade/change overtime. I have few mixes that are about half a year in steeping. The strange taste of watermelon that you have mentioned, reminds me carbide :smile: So my suggestion is to use Watermelon with strawberry. Try this:
Watermelon SC RF 0.35-0.5%
Strawberry SC RF 0.65-0.75%

This will mask taste of carbide, will add sweeties from strawberry. I love it.

5 Likes

Really want to like this flavour, but finding the caramel too dominant for my tastes and has that burnt sugar taste to it also. I think this would benefit more from a creamy caramel flavour more like a Werthers type caramel candy flavour. As I can’t get really taste anything past the caramel flavour of this one

p.s. Are my nose and tastebuds playing tricks, but I am sure I can smell and faintly taste marzipan/almond in the final mix?

3 Likes

I need to re-mix this at a slightly higher % for my taste buds. Will let you know if I pick up those almond notes :grin:

3 Likes

A VERY little bit :smiley:

Oddly no caramel flavors are in there o.O
I think the marshmallow sweetness is playing tricks under the higher heat.

5 Likes

I do vape at 50W + (vaping it now mixed @ 2%) but there is a burnt/brown sugar extra note in there also I feel, but confusing marshmallow with caramel is likely in my case and my taste buds (maybe it is toasted marshmallow)? . But as with everything taste is subjective, but I can’t argue with the manufacturer who knows what actual ingredients are in there…:grinning:

Thanks for clarifying the almond/marzipan note at least my taste buds identified that correctly…

2 Likes

Has anyone experienced flavours fading badly after the 4 week mark, especially fruits?. I retested a few that were really good at the 4 week point and now a week and a half later they’ve faded to the point of being barely recognizable. I’ve retried apple, boysenberry, blueberry, raspberry (this was fantastic after 4 weeks) and yumberry. The strawberry that I found to be weak after 4 weeks steep actually tastes better now at 5.5 weeks. I can’t figure out what could have caused such a drop in flavour.

Edit: I don’t know if this is relevant or not but when I mixed these initially I left the mixed bottles in some warm water for a few minutes to thin the VG and shake it up.

4 Likes

I started out at 2% & had to adjust Rice Crispy Treat (SC) up to 3%. For my taste palate this seems like the perfect percentage. I am not getting any Almond undertone in my mix?

3 Likes

Made 240 mls on 02-21-17. As of last week there is no strawberry note in this mix. I thought it was creams killing the SB until it faded in this mix

Made 3-24-17… The SB is very very faint here too…

I had a SB Milkshake that lost the SB note also.

4 Likes