Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

This is the exact mix I made PV and it is delicious the strawberry is there not super strong (just right for me). I don’t know what to say other than this was made with my original batch of sb (i have a newer reup here and I will mix again with that and compare when i get the chance JIC there is a batch difference). Tried it on the crown 3 in tc if that is relevant.

Strawberry Cream Pie (Gmix) 22/3

Ingredient %
Cream (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.2
French Vanilla Premium (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) 1
Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4

Flavor total: 8.2%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

I mixed at 6%. I didn’t try it lower than that.

2 Likes

My last batch was the first one that made it past 6 weeks. The the SB just died. It failed a lot sooner on the other 2.

3 Likes

I will keep monitoring this one - but it really really good right now. I will test weekly.

Only things I can think of

RF not playing well with MF
Different SB batches.
Or less likely % 's

3 Likes

Just throwing this out there as a thought, but perhaps the reason some flavors are taking a month or two (or three) before they are better is because lets say a flavor was made at 4% and it doesn’t taste good at that percent. You put it away for a few months, only to come back and find that it tastes better then.

I think that maybe after those however many months the 4% flavor has faded into a lower percentage such as 3% or even lower. So instead of steeping for months on end, the flavor should initially be made lower so that it doesn’t have to ‘fade’ into a decent flavor.

I am with @juice_junkie_lover, two weeks is the prime point (for me at least), unless it is a more complex flavor like a bakery flavor, or a mix that has a lot of ingredients (say, more than 5 or 6).

To each their own, just some thoughts. And COME ON PEOPLE, learn to split up your giant posts into paragraphs!

1 Like

Thanks Lady!

2 Likes

Really enjoying a Mint Brownie mix today. After reading everyone’s comments I settled on 2% SC Brownie and 1.5% VG Mint. Tasted harsh day 1 but @ 3 weeks is very good. Not too sweet or minty. Chocolatey good. Reminds me of a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie.
Only 2 flavor ingredients but some mentioned the SC Brownie was a good standalone and super sweet. Paired with the mint… I’m digging it. Testing on a Dripbox 160 @ 75W. Stock RDA and Kanthal duel coils. .31 ohms 70VG
I read here too that the Brownie fades after 4 weeks so will probably ADV it while waiting on 13 other mixes to steep. :yum:

5 Likes

For some reason I find that paragraph to be somewhat contradictive… To each their own should apply for writing as well in my humble opinion

8 Likes

Personal taste in flavor and percentage are different from something that has been universally established such as proper grammar and formatting. People don’t use the addition sign for multiplication, green lights at traffic intersections always mean go, etc. You cannot so broadly apply a phrase to everything.

The world would be quite confusing if that were the case! But that is beyond the point of the post and this thread.

@modfogger
I agree, I found the Brownie to work very well at 2%, at 2.5% it started to fade in flavor/ mute 5 minutes into vaping on it. Still very potent at 2%.

2 Likes

10 Likes

So you just told us your tastebuds is totally out of wack not being able to handle that flavor for a longer period of time.

If a flavor mutes after 5 minutes of vaping it, it can hardly be blamed on the flavor itself can it?
So i guess its either your tastebuds that are bad, or your vaping style kills of any flavor or or or or or or
You get my drift.

4 Likes

Good to know it’s not fading for you @ that %. I only made 20ml of it and want to make a larger batch for next time. :+1:

3 Likes

Just to present food for thought, or another perspective maybe. Some people barely know what a paragraph is, much less proper punctuation.

Some off us didn’t even attend school beyond 6th grade. I am one of those. So please don’t judge someone on grammar. At least they can communicate enough to get their point across. There may even be language barriers for some.

14 Likes

I totally agree with you on this one.
The result by telling someone they don’t use proper grammar or punctuation or whatever can actually lead to the fact that people having issues writing will stop doing so because some asshat decides that everyone needs to use a proper written language.

If that happens we might miss out on some really good information or otherwise useful, funny, caring or anything you can think of.

Everyones posts matter no matter how it is written, no matter if the punctuation is not as it should be, no matter if they don’t split up a text block into shorter paragraphs.

EVERYONES POSTS MATTERS AND IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE WRITTEN IN PROPER GRAMMATICAL ENGLISH

And besides, not everyone has english as their native language and furthermore, it’s not supposed be an english test posting something on ELR.

12 Likes

So has anyone tried the special edition Beavertail yet? It sounded so good, but I was a very very good girl and didn’t order. So now I need to live vicariously…cough it up guys.

Info…gimmee

EDIT: Please :relaxed:

3 Likes

this is what ive wondered its almost like every rule /theory or whatever a person wants to call it has been thrown out to excuse the performance of these flaves , i couldnt agree more with what you have written

3 Likes

English was never my thing in school. Math is what I liked. I’m writing this on a 2 inch box on my phone. It has taken me a few years of mixing to finally start writing some of my thoughts on flavors publicly. I’m not gonna let some Grammer police/punks stop me! It’s all good.

I agree a good English class could totally be beneficial for me. However, I drive a new acura mdx and live in a new home due to the job I do. I don’t see a reason for it. I paid people in school to write papers for me. I hated English! I don’t see a point in it now.

We all do this free so I didn’t think we needed to make sure we were grammatically correct when writing our thoughts. I guess I should get some friends to revise some of my flavor notes! Whatever!

8 Likes

I don’t see that they are. I think the reason everyone is excited or enthusiastic is that this is the first opportunity for many of us to get to experiment with “Super Concentrates”. They were either too exorbitant to afford for a lot of us (MF) or unavailable.

When I find ones that suck…I share that. When I give a rave review and then find after 5 weeks the flavor disappears, I go edit it to reflect that.

But this is the first company that has provided SC’s that are affordable and easily accessible for most. And offers a large variety of flavors.

So throw them in a pile of DIY enthusiasts who love to mix and experiment, and away we go. Then, why do we keep working with them? So we can feel we have “mastered” them. We love getting results and learning what works vs what doesn’t. We are hobbyists…ahem addicts.

Then add in the fact that we feel like we are working on learning these together as a team or group and bouncing ideas off each other. And knowing that we “belong” to a group of like minded individuals to experiment with. And we can all test and compare results like the little DIY lab rats we are, and ding ding ding, it’s a winner folks. Human nature at it’s finest!

At least that what I think. But maybe I’m just telling myself that as an excuse to keep having fun playing around. But, if it makes me happy, I’ll stay in my little altered reality :wink:

12 Likes

Trying the Baked Bread @ 0.75% that has steeped for 3 weeks, wouldn’t recognise it as Freshly Baked Bread in a blind test, but nonetheless it is still an interesting flavour. Reminds me of FA Joy in that it has a yeasty almost beer froth flavour finished taste, but also a grain/cereal note for me along with almost a sour milk type aftertaste to it.

One to play with in mixes for me and as some have mentioned turning it into a toast type finished flavour, maybe the way to go and I fancy trying a bit of Peanut Butter in my mix.

4 Likes

Along with what @MysticRose replied above I also think a lot of the reason is because Walt is very active here on ELR and he is willing to work on his flavors to make them better for our use.

I do not see anyone from any other big flavor company’s willing to be active here and listen to the feedback to make any of there flavors better for the purpose of vaping.

8 Likes