Real Flavors (VG) cotton candy?

Has anyone used this? Can it be used the same way as TFA cotton candy (EM) at 1% the vendors website suggested mixing between 8-12%

1 Like

I would look for the answer here.

2 Likes

Few notes but this is what we have here on sc rf : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/80795 and compare it to tpa :http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/2233
:thinking: doesnt seem to be an answer on the EM % w/ Real Flavors tho if we find out which may be found in @Cutlass92 link then u can find a ratio to substitute at
This may help u w/ future flavor research to find common uses and %s Tips For Navigating the Flavor Page and Optional Flavor Choices For Beginners and for substitutions where flavors are similar from different brands How I Sub A Flavor (or Flavour)
Gl to you but these are methods to use after you are comfortable mixing

3 Likes

Phone rang earlier w/ no answer Cotton Candy (VG) (Real Flavors) ..is this EM like the others?

3 Likes

@Plunderdrum was one of few public mixes containing it at reasonable level but appears to be only to add a slight more mouthful with creams already in it http://tjek.nu/r/dYL7 perhaps he could share his thoughts.

3 Likes

Yeah I already look at the notes. One guy says 6-9% the other says 1-2% and has no recipes or posts. Average usage 3.5? I guess I’ll be the one to find out for sure lol

3 Likes

One recipe has it at 0.30% of 8.4%
Another has it at 10% of 34%
Another at 7% of 24%
And the only other 2% of 16%

2 Likes

I wish I had a helpful response, but I was playing with that one only a month or two into DIY and didn’t really test it out thoroughly. Never could tell if it did much of anything. I looked for the bottle recently and couldn’t find it to compare to a true EM (VG)OOO). I might have thrown out the last bit.

I do think it was EM, though. My memory of it says it smelled as much like Cotton Candy as my EM does now. But, that’s not very useful!

Best advice is to disregard all median/max/min suggestions, treat it like EM and see how it goes. @802Snowyowl, looks like you are headed down that path already.

4 Likes

There’s no such thing as a cotton candy flavor. All of them are EM. Some are more concentrated as others. Some are plain EM, others have different ingredients added, but none will taste like the actual candy at the fair.

RF is no difference, however the vg version should be a bit “thicker and sweeter” than their actual pg cotton candy, one way to tell your mind it’s real cc but nope still EM.

I think the only company claiming that their cc is not em is flavorah. I haven’t tested it to say it’s true.

As others pointed out, treat it as such, start at .15 and work your way up. While 1% can work, I always suggest testing it for yourself to see and learn what these kind of additives actually do.

4 Likes

MysticRose got back to and said the same thing
“Yes, the cotton candy is em and can be used as sweetener. 1% seems reasonable to start, you can always add more if it isn’t sweet enough. I usually use sweeteners at .5% at a time, and increase in .5% intervals until it’s sweet enough for me. VG is sweet on it’s own, so I would taste it without sweetener to begin, then go from there.”

2 Likes