Recipes for the new year's eve

Hi everyone.
For the first time, I’ll receive a lot of guests on the new year’s eve. And I don’t know what to cook. Can you give me some recipes fort those too numerous guests please? I mean the totality of the dinner such as meals, desserts, beverages…Thanks.

1 Like

That’s a question you can better ask at this topic, I’m no cook so I can’t help you out here :grinning:

1 Like

I just had a dip at a Christmas Eve party and it was fantastic, and very simple. If you like a tad bit spicy dip try this…

Chicken Jalapeño Dip

12oz Can of White Meat Chicken (probably better with regular cooked chicken breast)
16oz Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup sliced Jalapeños
2 tablespoons Jalapeño juice
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
4oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)

Best if you have a food processor.

Microwave cream cheese until soft. About 30 seconds. Place into large bowl. Place chicken in food processor and process until smooth. Add Jalapeños and process until Jalapeños are chunky. Add mixture to bowl and mix together. Add Jalapeño juice as needed to stir. Add Garlic Powder to taste. Put in lightly greased pie plate and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese. Garnish with a few Jalapeño slices.

I could have eaten the whole pie plate of this stuff. In fact I am going to go make some for breakfast :wink:

2 Likes

Nice one :wink::yum:
I have almost a whole roasted chicken in the freezer that will be taken out right now. Making this dip for new year :+1::+1:

I honestly couldn’t get enough of it. I was surprised at how simple it was after I tasted it. I will be adapting it when I make it. I will probably add some Cumin and some cayenne and red pepper flakes to spice it up just a tad lol. It would also be good with some onion and olives added to it. Maybe even a touch of Creme Fraiche. They were at the party asking me if I wanted a drink. They said “How can you eat that without something to drink?” I just laughed. I told them I eat Jalapeño like candy.

Old fashions can be a fun but easy drink to mix ahead of time.

If your party isn’t formal and more a laid back event, here’s a simple recipe that always goes over really well. I think this is right - haven’t made in a year or so.

Box of Saltines
1 gallon zip lock bag
1 cup olive oil
1 package Ranch Dressing mix
2 tbs crushed red pepper

Put as much of the crackers into the bag as you can without crushing when sealing the bag. I find that’s about 3 sleeves
Dump in the ranch dressing mix and pepper. Close and roll around and cover crackers as best as possible.
Open the bag and pour in the olive oil. Reseal and roll around to evenly distribute the oil and coat all the crackers.

Lay the crackers out on wax or parchment paper, lining up in a grid so they aren’t laying on top of each other. Let rest for about 1 hour or until the oil is soaked into the crackers. Then store in large tupperware containers with a tight lid until ready to serve. Goes great with sliced cheeses, spreads, dips or whatever else. Crackers are awesome just by themselves.

3 Likes

Or dip them in that killer dip above. Gonna have to try these crackers man. Sounds yummy!

I do almost the same thing with mini pretzels and pretzel twists subbed in for the crackers. Good stuff.

My mom made them the first time I had them. I wiped it out! Course being the fat rat I am that wasn’t difficult but still they are just so good. Yeah, that dip, Cajun Crab dip is also the bomb. I’ve had hummus with them, even potted meat (I mean canned butts and farts) but anything you can put on a cracker is good. If you like spicy/sweet combos then some strawberry cream cheese is also yum yum diddly dum.

2 Likes

You could put a dirty sock in cream cheese and it come out good :wink:

1 Like

That’s hilarious!

This is the recipe for pumpkin roll I sell every holiday season . each one sliced will serve about six or seven.
Makes two rolls.
3 eggs
1cup sugar
1/2tsp.cinnamon
2/3 cup pumpkin( I use Libbey’s)
1tsp baking soda
3/4 cup flour
Beat eggs,sugar,soda,pumpkin together. Stir in flour,cinnamon.
Line cookie sheet with wax paper(leave some hanging over edges.)
Pour mix and spread .
Bake for five minutes at 350°. Take clean dish towel and layout,sprinkle with powdered sugar thoroughly. Flip out onto towel and sprinkle more powdered sugar over cake and roll up,( towel and all ) . place in fridge to cool completely.
Filling
2tbs butter
8 oz. Cream cheese(hold the dirty sweat sock please)
3/4 tsp vanilla ( use the real stuff the imatation blows)
1cup powdered sugar
Mix till smooth.
Unroll towel and and spread filling and roll back up (yes with out the towel)
Lay out fresh piece of wax paper sprinkle with powdered sugar and roll it up in the paper and reroll with tin foil . this will be good for about two days in fridge. Slice in 1 inch slices and serve .

1 Like

If you like artichoke dip, my sister usually makes this for every get together and it’s the one thing that consistently never has leftovers.

1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Golden Onion Soup Mix
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese or mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in shallow baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with your favorite dippers.

2 Likes