Recovery of recipes

does anyone know if there is a way to recover deleted recipes? I went to delete one of my recipes that was messed up and ended up clicking the wrong button and deleted everything but that recipe. I did not even think to back them up on google.

3 Likes

Oh No!! That would leave me broken hearted! I have been exporting the excel file any time I change anything in my recipe file. Not quite a cloud backup but at least I will have the information!
Hope someone can help you undelete!

3 Likes

How do I make an ecal sheet for the recipe? I have started recreating my juices. I only had like 20 since I have not been doing this log but I was so sad when that happened

4 Likes

Maybe @daath can recover them for you… he did find a old recipe for me on a backup server… I think.

6 Likes

On your My Page/Favorites page on the recipe side, there is a box beside the “My Recipes” box to export the CSV file. I also export my flavor stash file in the same way. From your flavor stash page the export box is near the top center of the page. I thought it prudent since ELR is “online”! If one could not get online for some reason you still have a file to refer to and can still mix your Juice!

4 Likes

While we are this unfortunate topic, I wonder how one would import the .csv file? I can find no links yet for this option!
Anyone have any ideas about that?

4 Likes

I want to sheets.google.com and then imported the .CSV file from my harddrive and bingo I now have the 8 juices I remembered how i made backedup on the cloud

5 Likes

There is always
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://e-liquid-recipes.com/
but it may not have all subdirectorys archived, but fun tool to look at

5 Likes

I’ve always used an offline recipe calculator so no concerns in case the internet explodes.
Highly recommend you try this one…Juice Calculator
It does local backups, inventory tracking, cost analysis, report generator, etc.

7 Likes

Might consider an additional backup using your own Word (MS)* sheet records within your own computer.

• or Linux LibreOffice
3 Likes

Someone is always watching! Lmao! To bad Judge K did not use Google back in the 80’s or Ms. Ford!

I need to check this one out!

Bingo! I run an auto backup on my pc every night to an external drive. For the cost of these devices now days you can’t beat it! I am not one to send Google or anyone else funds for storing my stuff!

2 Likes

Let me know if you do. I’ll show you an awesome trick for importing ELR recipes!

2 Likes

I want to use that

2 Likes

I’ve just completed a backup of all my completed mixes. I used the print function on ELR for each recipe and save them as a PDF. I’m storing one copy on google drive and another on 2 different pcs. Hopefully I’m safe now! I’d be sick if I lost all my recipes.

6 Likes

I have pcs and software, even whole rooms full of servers I could be using, yet I’m fully old school… Notebooks, even copies of the notebooks and pencils, all locked in my office or at home.

I trust that much more :wink:

9 Likes

I’m making them on ELR and then I’m printing them out into a e juice binder

2 Likes

You’re such a radical! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Ready for your tips and tricks!

1 Importing recipes
2 Importing ingredients

Have to play with it and look around a bit and figure out the different functions. Read about 5 pages on the ECF and it was getting rave reviews!
I like that i can import my .rec files from ejuice me up! That will save me some time as well!

1 Like

Nice job! Would think you would be relatively safe! One advantage of the portable drive is the fact that if I leave town or whatever I can throw the drive in the Gun safe. Also if the PC were to shit the bed loading everything to a new box takes just minutes!
Lol, i’m hooked on these little drives. I have a music library with nearly a TB of data on a seperate one!

That’s dedication! :rofl: They may come in handy say 36 years from now in a senate hearing or something!

3 Likes

I’m in the process of posting a “How-To”.
Just finished the document.

Importing ELR Recipes

3 Likes