Misc Links, Flavor Reviews, and Tasting Notes

This is linked other places as well, but it’s worth a separate thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/search?sort=new&restrict_sr=on&q=flair%3AFlavor%2BReview

8 Likes

Purged. Excessive forum moderation.

6 Likes

This is the Flavor Review Wiki. It’s easier to navigate and listed alphabetically and sorted by brand. It’s updated about once a week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/index/flavor_reviews

7 Likes

LOL, great minds.

2 Likes

reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice

16 Likes

THANK YOU for sharing!!!

1 Like

this is a very nice flavor review thank you

1 Like

I came across this Sub-reddit recently. It has some pretty interesting tasting notes that may be useful if you’re looking for info about certain flavors.

cloudcollective
Fruit Compilation Thread - Peach/Strawberry/Blueberry
Fruit Compilation Thread - Orange/Raspberry/Lemon
Fruit Compilation Thread - Mango/Apple/Cherry

9 Likes

Misc tasting notes from reddit, around 50 from various vendors. TPA, Cap, FA, FW and one Inawera.

6 Likes

This is a good example of taste being subjective. I agree with some of his notes and strongly disagree with some too. Unless you mix for other people the only true opinion is your own. It make me realize that I have a lot of flavor tasting to do. I give him props for putting in the work though. Flavor testing is time consuming.

3 Likes

Also, he just used 7% of all of them. Not a very good strategy :smile:

3 Likes

Nope. Flat percentage testing is, in a word, unreliable. : (

Good example is FA Mangosteen. At low percentages (.2 to 1%) it’s great. At 7% it would make you puke through your nose!

4 Likes

Various Flavor Concentrate Reviews

1 Like

> Reviews of all the top flavor manufacturers

CAP Capella
DV Decadent Vapours
FA Flavour Art
FW Flavour West
HAN Hangsen
INA Inawera
KH Kandi-Hed
LOR Lorann
MP Mom & Pops
MB Mount Baker
OO One on One
TPA Perfumers / Flavourers Apprentice
TJ T-Juice

3 Likes

Notes by returnity on VU
Here’s a (non-inclusive) list I’ve been putting together for a while now:

FW Yellow Cake - May gunk coils but smells/tastes heavenly for cake flavor.
FW Hazelnut - Said to be the creamiest, mildest hazelnut flavor.
TFA Berry Crunch - Berry cereal, light on berry heavy on cereal. Contains a bit of acetyl pyrazine (roasted, bready, nutty)
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust: Light cream cheese richness with graham flavor and acetyl pyrazine
TFA Graham Cracker Clear - Milder, less spicy Graham Cracker than CAP. Useful for graham flavoring.
TFA Fruit Circles - Lemon-y part of fruit loops, recognizable note in many cereal juices. Chemical/Lemon Pledge if abused.
TFA Sweet Cream/Bavarian Cream - Add dimensions and richness to give depth and definition to a milk note
TFA Brown Sugar - Use sparingly (0.5-1%) where needed.
TFA Acetyl Pyrazine (5%) - Nutty, bready, roasted, popcorn, corn chip flavor molecule. Use sparingly (0.5%-1%) where needed.
FA Cream Fresh - I use this as the main component of my milkiness, as I prefer it over TFA Dairy/Milk.
FA Cookie - I use this to add a very different type of cereal grain flavor than Berry Crunch
FA Meringue - Dead on for that sugary, coated smell you get from a freshly opened bag of Froot Loops.
FA Apple Pie - Bread/pastry flavoring with very mild apple notes.
FA Apple - Better than FA Fuji when you’re aiming for artificial apple flavorings
FA Cinnamon Ceylon - That bakery type of cinnamon flavor you need for cinnamon cereals
FA Honey - Useful diluted to 10% strength in PG at 0.05-0.1% (so 0.5-1% of the 10% dilution)
FA Cocoa - Based on HIC’s reports, I think this is the ticket for chocolate/cocoa, but I haven’t tried it.
Medicine Flower Dark/Milk/White Chocolate - IMO the best choice for chocolate flavorings by far

All of these work very well, but there are other possibilities I haven’t listed or even tried yet as well. Things I wouldn’t recommend at all include One-on-One’s ‘cereal’-type flavors & FW’s ‘cereal’-type flavors (possibly excluding Apple Jax, but I haven’t dared try that one after the other two). I’d love to see what @HeadInClouds could add to my ingredients list, which is one of the reasons I wanted to start this thread here at VU, rather than doing it at reddit (where I spend most of my time modding/posting).

2 Likes

I have all of those save for TPA Fruit Circles!

I’d like thank those on reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice that put in the work and shared these reviews.

BIG UPS TO YOU ALL!

10 Likes

And just a post to say thanks to the redditors who took the time to write these up. We dont want someone, who’s name i shall not mention, to go batshit again and wish the death of ELR. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Yikes, forgot to say thank you to @Pro_Vapes for putting these all on one page, thanks bud!

BTW, Holy Vanilla or Vanilla MF?

4 Likes

I just ordered HV tonight… 4oz. I will soon see.

3 Likes

Fantastic, look forward to hearing your comparison. Since buying MF Vanilla i havent purchased or tried any other.

2 Likes