Refilling pods

Do you refill your pods?. Ive tried and i really cant tase my juice. Maybe i need to order more nicsalts.

1 Like

Yes I do refill the pods. I don’t use flavored juice when I refill them to help with the coil life but you probably aren’t going to get much flavor out of these compared to a tank or rda. You may need to bump up your flavor %s and using nic salt is highly recommended in pod systems. What kind of juice are you using in it right now?

2 Likes

Well, i tried to use ry4 double SF @ 9% w/ 6 mg nic. I dont taste anything.

1 Like

Im pretty sure the Gold leaf flavor is ry4 double. The flavor is actually really good. I bought mine @ 7-11. I got a few cases. Im trying to help my son quit smoking.

2 Likes

Yeah I actually like that Gold Leaf flavor too! What’s the ratio of your PG/VG? It’s important that your VG should be relatively low to help with the wicking of that small coil/wick. I mix mine at 80PG/20VG exclusively for pods. The higher PG should also help out with the flavor.

That nic level you are using is fairly low for a pod system. My own mix uses 50mg nic salts (similar to what a Juul pod has). That Gold Leaf liquid in the original pods is around 25mg of conventional nicotine I believe.

2 Likes

Ok, well im doing it all the way wrong.lol… Ive been using 70/30 vg/pg. Im ordering some nicsalt now.

1 Like

Hopefully you will have better results with a higher PG mix. Gonna have to grab some of that ry4 double flavoring for sure!

1 Like

You might be doing everything right, keep adjusting and post again if you get stuck. The problem with pods are you can’t change out wicks. Your coil could last forever but if your wick loads up, you will never get any decent flavor.
Might like to read:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/

2 Likes

Actually you can change the wicks on the Blu pods (coil is a different story) and a few other pod systems. I’ve changed them on the Blu pods and it’s relatively simple to do.

3 Likes

Yep you definitely need to increase flavour and pg in your mix if i was you (and i kind of am just haven’t got around to really testing my mtl juice) i would pick flavours that are really bold and just sticking to around two or 3 flavours one i have been meaning to mix is 8% fuji apple and 4% inw cactus at a 50/50 ratio altho even this may be to weak for a pod system will let you know

1 Like