Removing the finish from a mod..?

Haha yeah… Maybe I’ll just go back in time and do that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I bet chinese paint still wears off under the silicone skin :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I mean, I put a silicone skin on it so you can’t see the finish at all.

3 Likes

Do they sell those sleaves for each model or is that something you sort of paint on it?

1 Like

Oh yeah…derp…I guess that would work too! But now I’m excited to break out the power tools! :tada:

3 Likes

I got it at FT or maybe eBay for a couple bucks. Slides on and off.

1 Like

If you screw up, silicone sleaves are always a good plan B!

2 Likes

Whichever method you use you’re going to need to use extreme caution not to touch the screen w/it. I’d highly recommend taking it apart first

4 Likes

I figure it looks so dumb right now that even if I do fuck it up it probably won’t look any worse…lol

They sell sticker sets too, if you don’t like the choices of sleeves or having to slip it off to change cells.

2 Likes

If all else fails I have glitter glue. :joy:

4 Likes

The J wraps I think they are called are awesome!

2 Likes

And there’s that. I can see you hacking up glitter as it flakes off into the atty though!

2 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrx300+skin.TRS0&_nkw=rx300+skin&_sacat=0

3 Likes

Then people with think I’m a unicorn! Coughing up glitter! :joy::unicorn::sparkles::rainbow:

3 Likes

same issue here

1 Like

If u have access to a bead blaster, that would strip it down w/little effort, and it would come out the best as well

4 Likes

Any time I can break out a bead blaster or some other cool tool that adds points to the man card, I’m all for it. But lazy often wins.

4 Likes

Wow my mind went straight into the gutter…:flushed:
Nope, no access to a bead blaster.

4 Likes

You have to be careful if u dont want to change other parts of the mod but u can use a paint stripper and then do some wet sanding. 2k paper is the highest i have found in home improvement store but u can get finer online. If u decide to do it tho, be prepared to accept whats underneath or have to repaint since often the enclosures are “chinesium” and contain diff alloys. Even when i bought supposed brass items, when i stripped the coating off, it was a diff story. For example, this rda was advertised as brass but as u can see its diff metals and even differs from different parts of the rda.

You also want to find the “grain” of the metal where the sanding doesnt reveal your sand marks and the higher u go w/ wet sanding the better results.After that some metal polish and then buy yourself some rubber gloves because u just created a fingerprint magnet!

4 Likes