Removing the finish from a mod..?

:cowboy_hat_face::+1:

3 Likes

I cant take credit for coining the term, heard it somewhere but cant recall, but it puts @Ken_O_Where in stitches

2 Likes

Pretty sure my Durango is made of chinesium too. I can’t get 100 miles under that thing before it breaks down again!!

1 Like

Mod Shield by Jojo. :grinning: I’ve got a bunch of sleeves from this company and I love them. The texture is like suede and they fit flawlessly. The only thing is after about six months the texture wears away and it feels unsanitary.

3 Likes

That’s slick! Is that where she went? To design mod covers?! :grinning:

4 Likes

stress carefully again since they can dull finishes that u dont want affected, especially clear screens like Bob has, he doesnt want a cloudy window to see out of

3 Likes

Siicone sleeves are great to hide and protect but they also seal in the condensation :angry: so get in habit of taking it off alot and wipe off

5 Likes

Well I used a spongy thing and its working! Not the circle drill one for the headlights (that one did absolutely nothing) but a different one that I found in the garage. I need to take a break, and then come back and carefully do the little detailed areas better. Poor Bob is scratched the fuck up, not from the sanding sponge but from being used and abused already by me. Lol So yeah, he’s probably never gonna be pretty, but he’s already looking much better!!

5 Likes

clear coat will help after u get the finish where u are happy, it may dull the shine a bit but will protect it from scratches. Don’t look at this like a job tho, have fun w/ it, there is no rush and u aren’t getting paid

2 Likes

Yeah I take mine off for a good wipe down (stop it!) :wink: every time I fill the tank.

3 Likes

not sure wth i tagged u, u already know what i am thinking

2 Likes

You can also use a fine grade steel wool for paint removal without metal damage.

I have used steel wool for removing paint from mods… works like a charm. I use 3/0 and 4/0 steel wool for cleaning my windows and ceramic stove top… great stuff and cheap too.

3 Likes

I would try Acetone ( same as nail polish remover)

2 Likes

What’s it look like now!!! The anticipation It’s killing me!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Here’s where we’re at. Not quite done yet, and sorry for the blurry-ish pic…

10 Likes

since u dont want to disassemble to protect the elctronics, i wouldnt try to wet sand but jewelers rouge will shine her up more. Its prob aluminum so white paste would be the best

2 Likes

Looks pretty good

2 Likes

Looks nice. I just “Groged” mine. Took after them with some steel wool. Ran a buffing wheel over them afterwards. Look fine to me. Much better than patches of paint, lol.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the toe poking out in that pic. Lol. :man_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like