Replacement for Crown1

I’ve been using the Uwell Crown 1 for a long time now. I’m still very happy with it but since i haven’t tried many others i was wondering what else is out there and what could be a candidate for a replacement.
Recently I’ve started increasing the VG levels to max to reduce throat hit a little. Some of my Crown coils don’t really like 75%+ VG and give me a slight dry hit when I’m chain vaping. So that would be one requirement to the new Tank. Apart from that, the successful candidate needs

• a variety of coils
  • good availability of coils
  • an rta deck (the crown 1 deck is rubbish. no airflow)
  • high capacity (at least 3.5ml / capacity extension kit)
  • lots of airflow
  • to be available somewhere in Yurop, preferably UK

I know, that’s kind of a unicorn list. But since the Crown 1 there must have been improvements.

Thanks!

I came across this list recently:

I have the Wotofo Flow and I love it. I still use my crowns regularly, but I’d buy another Flow in a heartbeat. It takes the Baby Beast coils (what I’m using right now) and supposedly all the other coils in that category. From what I understand, if your tank uses a coil in one of the categories, it can use all the other coils in that category. I’ve got another set of coils in that category coming to see if they really do work. I like temp control and SS coils. I am not thrilled with the Baby Beast coils and will go back to the Flow coils if I don’t find any I like more.

1 Like

Cleito or cleito 120 would be my suggestion if you also want factory coils. Now the availability in the UK shouldn’t be a problem but with the today regulations it could be the 2 ml version

1 Like

I’ve got a Cleito, the first one with the 40-60W 0.4 SS coils. I really liked it but it does have this problem with the high VG juices. I may have to think about thinning the liquids to avoid this problem. I’m sure there must be something about thinning liquids in this forum, i can’t be the first person to run into this problem.

Are you using high VG with 75% or more? My Crown coils are OK with 70% but the last batch i mixed was 77% and it gives me dry hits. How is that with the Wotofo Flow? Not that it would make a difference now, I’ve already ordered one :star_struck:

im not sure but i have the cleito , crown and flow , maybe try the uwell valyrian it is a high wattage sub ohm tank though i make 70/30 and 75/25 vg/pg juice and never have a problem with dry hits or anything with the three tanks

1 Like

On the Crown it started at 77% for me, the Cleito doesn’t even like 70%.

1 Like

hmmmm thats weird what temp or watts are you
vaping at when im using my cleito with a .4 coil i vape at 45 to 50watts and with the crown .25 coil i vape at 70watts ZERO issues ever also with the cleito i use the .4 coil that isnt SS

1 Like

Hmmm i THINK it is SS in the Cleito but now that you mention it I’m not sure anymore. It only says .4Ohm and 40-60W on the coil, i don’t have the box anymore so i can’t check.

I’m using the .5 Crown SS coils also with 45-50W. 70% are absolutely fine. It all started recently when i started to go max VG which was 77% and 79% on the 2 recipes i mixed. The funny thing is that the 79% liquid is completely fine so far. Then i changed to the 77% and this one started the dry hits.
I’m going back to 70% for now until I’ve figured out a way to either fix the coil problem or find a way to make the liquid thinner.

For the Cleitos I’ve googled for the dry hit problem a while ago and found quite a few discussions about it. Somebody recommended removing the cotton between the inner and the outer pipe thingy. Didn’t help in my case.

1 Like

try the .25 coils on the crown , ive tried both and imo the .25 perform better although the .5 are good as well once you hit it 10 or so times

I haven’t tried vaping anything over 70% VG that I can remember. I don’t have a problem with PG so I usually go for about 40/60 PG/VG. Hope I didn’t steer you wrong, but honestly I don’t think you’ll be at a loss on the flow if you like the crown. I would bet it would handle higher VG juice just based on the size of the coils, juice flow holes, and the design. No metal “cage” to prevent flow.

1 Like

Haha no worries, I needed a new piece of hardware, my last buy was - what a surprise - 2 Crown1 and a handful of mod parts. So your recommendation and a quick google was enough for me to get one.

1 Like

i wonder if the baby beast rba works in the flow

I thought the same thing, but I have heard such terrible things about the rba that I didn’t even bother looking. And an RBA is great, but it kinda defeats the purpose of a tank with prebuilt coils for me. If I wanna build, I’ll do it on something like my Boreas or aromamizer or whatever. The Flow and crowns are my lazy tanks for when I really don’t wanna build (which is pretty much all the time now lol).

2 Likes

I CANNOT get that rba right…I’ve given up trying! :laughing:

2 Likes

im not a great at building but for me the two easiest rbas have been the baby beast and the cleito

2 Likes

To be fair, I’m utterly rubbish at building and wasn’t blessed with much patience so I never persevere :laughing:

3 Likes

The only RBA I’ve ever tried was the Crown 1 and it was total rubbish. It’s taken away probably 80% of the airflow. And i do agree with the laziness thingy. If i can get bothered I’d rather build an RDA but even with a nice tool kit and different wires I seem to be unable to produce 2 equal coils. I never managed to get an atty into the same state as it was before the rebuild. Also RDAs always produce a lot of spit back with my coils no matter what wire I use.

Right now I’m trying to rebuild the Crown stock coils but that’s not going very well either. It’s very tricky to get the cotton right so I’m looking for an alternative like these little tissue pads from the stock coils.

I guess i better keep using stock coils until I find out what I’m doing wrong…

Well, if coil building isn’t your thing but you can’t find a good RTA with a decent RBA deck, you could always just buy a full on DIY deck, but buy pre-wound coils rather than building your own. They’re easy and certainly cheaper than disposable coil units.

I’ve started with a dual coil RTA and moved on to the Pharaoh which has a single coil deck. This was much easier because you don’t have to produce 2 coils which are very similar. Tried pre-built 0.4 Ohm claptons and made a few SS coils myself. The results were not so bad but whatever i did i never got the spitback under control. Perhaps I’ll do a bit more research and give it another go.

1 Like