Replacement for Crown1

One big draw for me to the Iron Maiden is the anti-spitback cap. I hate those annoying pops of hot juice!!! The downfall for many people is the large 30mm size, but it fits perfect on my mod. Anyway, good luck, at least there are many options out there.

So does that mean you’re dealing with spit back not by avoiding it but by stopping it from reaching your mouth? The spitback drip tip of one of my RDAs doesn’t really work so well but maybe that’s a way to go… I think I’ll re-wick the pharaoh right now. It’s been sitting in the drawer for a while now.

Spitback and avoidance are another topic altogether, regarding causes and fixes, but yes… the cap on the deck does completely eliminate any spitback that does happen. It doesn’t bother everyone but it does bother the heck out of me.

I should disclaim that a bit… I don’t get a lot of popping, but I’m overly sensitive to it for some reason, so even if I get one pop a day that would drive me nuts. But that’s nearly the extent of my OCD, so that’s good.

1 Like

the crown rba is the worst , how can a company put out one of the best tanks and coils and bomb so hard on the rba

1 Like

Are you sure its the coil that is causing spitback? Could be your wicking or power lvl.
For wicking i would try a tighter wick

1 Like

No, I’m not sure. I haven’t spent too much time on it but if there was one constant it was the spit back!

Yeah, there it is! The fresh coil tastes a bit funny but I already like it!

2 Likes

Digging this out to add a few notes

Since i can’t use the Flow at the moment (still no glass) I’ve played with the high VG juice on the Crown 1 again and it now seems to be working just fine. The coil I’ve had dry hits with on the 77%VG liquid wasn’t brand new and perhaps it was just a dodgy one.

I’ve also had another go on the Cleito. It’s such a great tank but the dry hits are just too bad. I’ve had 3 coils left and tried a new one (well, new out of the box but bought about a year ago) and it still sucks. On my next coil order I’ll buy another coil or 2 just to see if they have changed.
Apparently the Cleitos have a problem with vacuum building in the tank. Any experiences?

I’ve not had any dry wicking problems with any of my tanks/coils since I started adding a little aqueous glycerine to my VG, including the Cleito. It thins it out quite a lot and overdoing it can produce leaking in coils that are designed for high vg and max vg liquid, but a small percentage (10-20%) makes all the difference, and doesn’t affect the flavour as far as I can tell. I’m assuming you make your own eliquid here.
I got it from Lubrisolve if you’re interested to have a look.

1 Like

Isn’t aqueous glycerin just VG with water? I think I’ve seen it in a discussion somewhere. It is really funny, I’ve used the Cleito with liquid out of the shop but as soon as started with my own mixes it started with the dry hits.
I can get some demineralised water if i can’t find a ready mixed aqueous glycerin in any of my regular shops.
I’d love to go back to the Cleito, it’s one of my favorite tanks, tons of airflow.

It is, lubrisolve describe it as “A special blend of 80% Vegetable Glycerine USP Grade & 20% Deionised/Demineralised/Ultrapure Water”. Out of the bottle it’s VERY thin, so I mix that 50:50 with VG and I’ve been making all my mixes with it for about 2 months. It’s also a good way to cut down PG content for intolerant folks like myself.

1 Like

If you mix it 50 - 50 with VG you get 10% distilled water in you VG, right? So if you add this at 10-20% it’s like 1-2% water in the mix? Sounds like it doesn’t take much to make the juice thin enough to cure the dry hit problems.

Just a thought on tanks… have you tried the Vaptio tank that comes with the CII (2) Kit? I got one a couple of weeks ago and it has blown me away in terms of flavour. It has a fairly narrow drip tip, which is possibly why, about the same as the Cleito. Totally recommend it :+1::+1:

Yep (post must be at least 10 characters)

I haven’t had any problems with the Cleito. I like the .4 kanthal coils, the SS ones got too hot and flavor wasn’t as good. No dry hits at all, and I love the flavor. I do vape at 35-40w though. The only thing I don’t like is the looks of the tank, but one of the top 3 for flavor.

I have been talking about buying the Cleito 2 because it’s prettier (for a long time now) eventually I will. …lol

I really like the flavor on the Crown 2 with the.8 coils between 32-40w. It got a lot of bad rep at the beginning because they started with a huge batch of bad coils. They were fixed though and it’s great flavor and vape. Since I’m a mid range vapor, the .8 coils have the best flavor for me of all.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the Crown 3 for a while now and i keep reading good things about it. It’s just a UK thing that they are not so easy to get anymore with the TPD thingy and all. The Crown 2 gets too many mixed reviews, i think I’ll skip that one.

Is that available as a kit with the battery only? Haven’t seen it solo on a quick google…

Oh and what’s your VG content of your mixes? I mix at 70% and I’m actually trying to go max VG to reduce the throat hit a little and none of my juices i have in the rotation seems to be working with the Cleito.

The crown 3 mini is almost the same and it has a tpd version - can be 2ml or 4.5 ml as opposed to the crown 3 which is 5ml

I’ve seen the mini, is there a tank extension kit or something?

The Crown 3 has amazing flavor. Also the Valyrian. They just don’t work as well for me because I like mid range wattage. The Crown three gives a great vape at 60W with the .5 coil…love it. .25 is too hot needs higher wattage.

Valyrian also amazing flavor, but they only come with one coil, and it needs 70w minimum to give a good vape. Then you have to not chain vape or it gets too hot. I love both…just wish they would make a variety of coils. Mine are basically sitting waiting for more of a variety in coils. Probably never happen :frowning:

Flavor really is fantastic though.

1 Like