[REQ] Charlie's Custard

@Pattie trust me I have tried hundreds of times to make the 2 I mentioned above. I have never come even close to the same flavor of either juice. I am not saying none of them tasted decent but certainly not even close to the original

It is nice to see @prettymatthew interacting with us in a thread all about cloning his juice. This place never stops amazing me. Now if he would just give up the recipe for pistachio RY4 I promise I would not tell anyone. LOL

Trust me I can see a daytrip to visit them happening in the very near future. Another juice I liked from them was Charlie Noble Admiral’s Reserve: Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. :wink:

We have a pretty good group of mixologists here on ELR, if we nail it, we’ll send you a bottle! :grinning:

6 Likes

Looks delicious the Raspberry ripple ice cream. If you ever fly by his place remember to take photographs :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting. That “premium” juice makers come on here. I think it says we’re doing good. Enough for them to be wary

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read that as being wary. Just interested in what others like or dislike, possibly get real feedback or ideas or other avenues to pursue. I don’t see transparency as wary… if they had been wary they (would most likely) stayed anonymous. He/she/they are/is just another mixer.

1 Like

I thought I had read that here on ELR as well so had to go look and see.

Continuing the discussion from [REQ] Charlie Noble Posedions Punch:

[quote=“dingo1799, post:10, topic:39458, full:true”]
Have it on good info from the owners of Charlie Noble they only use Capella, and it’s citrus punch and lemon lime. [/quote]

I have read many times in different places that different juice companies ONLY use Capella’s. Not sure why it always seems to be Capella’s that gets mentioned but I doubt any big juice companies limit themselves to a single flavor company for all there needs.

2 Likes

Agreed. I could see them sticking to some of the cheaper brands like Cap, TPA, and FW though. @ringling has mentioned many a time before how even buying Inawera or FA in bulk it winds up costing too much to be practical for his shop. He also doesn’t just do juice though, so that might make a difference.

2 Likes

I could easily see that being true

1 Like

It’s how I read it. Or I wouldn’t have bothered saying so. All the one to me, I don’t buy any over priced juices anymore.

1 Like

Nice detective work @wvsanta , but don’t forget the nic (also likely in PG) …so maybe 21% flavoring. Also can they refer to Aqueous VG as “VG” (?) so could include some water and/or some PGA? Could get that actual % of flavorings down under 20%

Heh one Man’s “transparency” is another Man’s “disinformation” :wink:

Still super cool to be able to interact …even possibly in person. I don’t think Matthew is too worried about 10 people around the world being able to (attempt!) clone his product

3 Likes

I do find it strange that I can’t seem to locate any info on the internet where people are trying to clone Charlie’s Custard; some of their other flavors, yes, but not the custard. :thinking:

2 Likes

Anyone ever have luck with this? I admit, I kinda gave up after reading there’s no cheesecake in the Charlie’s. Started to doubt my taste buds a lil bit. lol But, I pulled out the Charlie’s this morning and started vaping it again. Decided to give it another go. I’m going to vape it a bunch today on my RDA, at different temps, and in one of my tanks too. I want to see if there’s a big difference in flavor depending on temp and device. I’ll try to come back tonight and let ya’ll know what I figure out, if anything.

4 Likes

I gave this one a go, but as noted, it still needs work on the vanilla cake creaminess as in the original. :pensive:

3 Likes

I’ve just looked on the site and there seems to be mixed reviews. Like 5-1 stars?
Is this just displayed like that to give customers a fairer spectrum of reviews? I would of thought you would have your best upto date reviews up there for sales!

2 Likes

I have a friend that is addicted to the stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: To me, it’s mediocre at best. However, I told him that I’d try and clone it for him; he blows through 30 to 60ml a week.

Personally, even with my own ADV, I don’t see how anyone can vape the same juice, day in and day out for months on end! :scream: Variety is key for me. But, to each their own and whatever keeps you off the stinkies! :wink:

4 Likes

Never had it but:

“A rich, silky custard, homemade with a perfect balance of vanilla and baked crust.”

“Homemade” - maybe try mixing some flavors to get the vanilla custard instead of using (CAP)VC2

“Baked Crust” - (TPA)Graham Cracker Crust, (TPA)Graham Cracker Clear, (TPA)Pie Crust

“vanilla” - (CAP) French Vanilla or straight up (CAP)VC2

Chuck in some (FA)cream fresh for good measure…

2 Likes

I think he just released the PB cereal recipe. Do a Google fu on that and you will see. With the deeming they had to cut way down on nics and liquids sold. They consisted all their bottles to 60 ml and made the 20 dollars a pop. Great deal if you ask me. Just picked up pistachio and am enjoying every sing hit of it. Makes me want to clone this puppy.
@prettymatthew CN gas come up with some very interesting flavors. I brought in the captain gray and the other slushy one and had people going the next day to the local vape store to go get them. Thank you for your continued support of vaping and flavors.

1 Like

Thanks for the shout-out.

We released PB Cereal as the first in a series of discontinued flavor recipe shares. We just figured that if we were going to kill the flavor off, there were still people out there who enjoyed the liquid, just not enough to make it financially worth keeping it in the regular rotation. Between manufacturing costs, labor, ingredients, time on the fill line, and now PMTA and TPD certification, if it doesn’t earn its keep, we had to let it go.

I will be releasing more recipes as we get past thanksgiving, and into the new year. I’m aiming for one a month, but Thanksgiving kind of messed up the schedule, so probably more like the second week of December.

Appreciate all of you in the vape community, and the DIY community, doing your part to help protect this beautiful thing we have created.

-m.

12 Likes

I know to do Google fu on it, but do you have a link for us to get the recipes?

2 Likes

The variant of it I made was great and I am planning to mix a bigger batch soon:

replace malted milk with…sweet cream

8.50% Peanut Butter DX (TFA)
5.50% Sugar Cookie V2 (CAP)
3.50% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
1.50% Sweet Cream DX (TFA)
0.50% Bavarian Cream DX (TFA)
0.50% Cotton Candy (TFA)
0.25% 0.9% Saline
0.25% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)

3 Likes