[REQ] Charlie's Custard

based on @prettymatthew interview with @DIYorDIE id bet sugar cookie cap and caps vanilla custard are in the custard mix i believe he gave his fave flaves to mix with but its been a minute since the interview big thumbs up to him for the release of the pb cereal not too many people in his position would even consider it much respect matthew

2 Likes

97% of VG e liquids use or are using palm oil derived Glycerin

A simple answer is NO THEY WILL BE THE SAME SPECIFIC GRAVITY weight.

See the attached spec sheets. The second is palm oil derived and the first soya bean or grape seed derived.

However saying that we have come across some suppliers, supplying AG - Aqua Glycerin which is VG with 10-20% water added. Hence the viscosity will become thinner as water has a specific weight of approx 1. Easy to check by weighing a sample of your vg

Two things here with vegetable glycerine
Palm oil or derivatives of meaning made from are being banned worldwide in any foods as an ingredients. All the major retailers such as P&G, Westfarmers aka Coles in Australia are requiring suppliers to prove and re lab test all ingredients used to produce foods NOT to contain palm oils of any sort.

5 Likes

So i need to purchase a drum ???

2 Likes

EU regs have changed under the new food safety standards (ISO 22000), as well as NZ, UK and Australia. It is very common for all jurisdictions to follow or adopt the same regs. So may be a good idea, there should be no difference in taste, sugar levels, or odour it will depend on the specs that you are purchasing. Not all oil are oils. Same with chemicals, may have the same name, chemical composition though will not taste or smell the same.
Take Propylene glycol for example of that.

6 Likes

I just noticed this thread and thought could this be the elusive Charlieā€™s Custard? I got it from a friend who worked at a lab a few years ago. She wouldnā€™t tell me which lab. It didnā€™t have a name but she said it was a popular custard. Iā€™ve tried it and it is really good. Iā€™ve never tried Charlieā€™s Custard but this reminds me of a lot of most of the commercial custards on the market.

No Name Custard
Biscuit (SilverLine) (CAP) 1.00
Butter Cream (CAP) 3.00
Cake Batter (CAP) 1.50
French Vanilla (CAP) 4.00
Graham Cracker v2 (CAP) 0.50
Super Sweet (CAP) 1.00
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 3.00
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP) 5.00
Whipped Marshmallow (Silverline) (CAP) 3.00

The use of both Cap V1 and V2 threw me off but they complement each other very well. Not great at the shake but after a few weeks it really started to come together.

9 Likes