[REQ] Fryd Oreo Clone

Lmao op???

I will talk cars all day long

Being this is going on here’s my other toy lol

4 Likes

Equals Original Poster in this case it is you :grinning:

1 Like

Just to get the thread back on track i will do this post and to start it all i must be honest and say that not everyone is like how i describe it below, but i have seen an increase lately of people telling people what they wanna have cloned.

I personally think it’s cheeky that someone starts an account here and in one of their first posts they tell people that they want a clone of this and that.

First off they haven’t contributed at all on the site, not tried to participate in any of the threads.

Secondly they have no actual interest in doing any legwork themselves, they just wanna sit at ringside waiting for someone to do all the work for them.

Correct me if you think i am wrong but ELR isn’t a log in and order a recipe site. ELR is all about recipes and experimenting, coming up with new ones. Helping others is a big thing here and i love that about ELR, there are so many fantastic persons that go out of their way to help others and i think it is a shame that some try to take advantage of this.

Another thing is that i don’t wanna be hard on these people, they just need to know that they just can’t get on here and order themselves a recipe, they need to know that contributing in any way is appreciated and helping others in some way is fantastic. Becoming an active part of this amazing community will lead to others helping them out with a recipe regardless if it is a clone or something else.

Rant over :wink:

4 Likes

Ah yes I agree. But first asking if people have maybe already created it is fair.

What I’ve noticed is. The people you describe are more than not recent newcomers, nearly always. They are commercial juice users who getting sick of the cost, Google a way to make the juices themselves. They find us. In their heads they think because we are DIYers we were just like them. That we too started and use commercial juices mostly. What They fail to comprehend is that most of us have never or so seldomnly touch commercial stuff.

So they hop on in the hope that we basically clone juices here so they ask. Hoping we already know that juice well and have 50 versions of it. That is what is happening. They don’t have the expectation and/or the understanding in what it takes to clone or create from scratch. Most don’t expect that no doubt.

So don’t get shitty because They want us to clone a recipe from scratch because that’s not what’s happening.

A guy asked for a clone today, that’s exactly how it played out.

He was surprised no one had made it! He took responsibility to try and make it himself. This guy when initially posting only asked for the clone, that’s it. Only 5 posts before today 2 were clone requests.

Sorry to be long winded, I wish to convey my point. I totally agree with you guys. But your assuming they expect us to build the juices at there beckon call. Your correct to be shitty at that. But it’s not what is happening. Often our aggressive responses to them sets it off, and they go away thinking we are dicks.

Appropriate response - I assume you searched the recipes and couldn’t find it. Unless a forum member has already made it and has kept it private. You’ll need to make it up. We can guide you if your keen. Will need as much information as possible to help.

I could be wrong too, but when people normally ask for things they will do what they can to help. They want it don’t they.

2 Likes

Lol well I’m a newcomer lol and I’m sorry if thats how it came across was not my intent that being said I am in a few other forums the others are all car or truck forums this is the only forum in on for juice dont plan on being in any others…if there is any but anyways I do understand where you all are coming from I really do…now for sake of conversation and this is just an opinion…being this sounds like its a growing problem maybe have some sort of sticky for people to know how you want it to work it may curb some of the B.S. I’m sure not all of it but it may help with having some guidelines

1 Like

No no, this is not about you. I agree there needs to be a sticky. But the discourse forum software doesn’t lend itself to that from what I’ve seen.

You’ve gone up and beyond by even asking about the etiquette gives you a huge tick in our books,

This topic is one that is great to have a discussion about so at least everyone can state their opinions and you’ve opened the dialogue. Nothing but good can come from it.

Did you end up asking about your clone request in the end? Or did we over car the thread.

Lol u can never over car anything with me lol

I think I’m gonna try a couple things but I’m wanting a clone for the fryd Oreo

1 Like

That’s more or less what I did. Pretty sure I “[REQ] a clone” or two when I was a newbie too! Glad nobody jumped down my throat about it or I might have been scared off! I had a damn expensive juice that I loved and didn’t want to pay shit tons of money for it anymore. I absolutely didn’t think that someone was going to clone that juice for me, I just wanted to see if by an off chance someone else had at least tasted it and could give me some pointers. I think more often than not that’s what these clone requests are looking for.

1 Like

I did a google search for the RIP Trippers appreciation society and that’s how I found this place. It said the founder was a member here.

4 Likes

Yeah I found this place a few months ago researching diy and this site helped me figure out a lot of things before I ever even became a member…and yeah I can see how people would want to do diy for the money for anyone that vales as much as someone like myself its not really a cheaper option anymore

Founding member? I’m pretty sure @Volition is the President.

3 Likes

That’s the very man they mentioned!

2 Likes

You know, one day, he is going to hunt us down and hit us with a brick.

5 Likes

I can see both sides though… On you side you have all the people who put in all the leg work to get mixes and to clone juices and get sick of hearing people saying give me give me…on the other side and please nobody shoot me for saying this…this is a forum were everyone supposed to be on the same side people come here cause they need help and in turn help others with what they learn

2 Likes

I come in here because it’s the best bunch of people I’ve ever met in a forum. I’ve found and been given some great recipes in the short time I’ve been here and that’s just an added bonus for me. Maybe I’m in the minority here but I enjoy the having the craic with this bunch of lunatics much more than I would any cloned recipe. Slainte :smile:

5 Likes

I agree everyone I have talked to seems nice and easy going and everyone has there moment where people dont agree people have there opinions and its a good thing

3 Likes

If everyone saw everything the same way it would be a pretty boring world lol

4 Likes