[REQ] Jam on toast

The breakfast SA is so cheap i got 100ml for £3.75. I dont know alot about Commercial juice but It would kind of make cense if they used a cheaper concentrate as the juice its self is only about $25-30$au for 100ml

2 Likes

Its only that cheap because Chef’s has them on clearance. I think they are getting rid of the SA line of flavors. Rainbow vapes has them but they are roughly 9.99 a 100ml there if I remember correctly.

1 Like

That still seems pretty good price tho i have heard some have oil in them to wich kind of worries me

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’m pretty sure the chocolate chip cookie was loaded with actual sugar. It was super duper thick. Like to the point I refused to even mix it to vape. It was very tasty on the hand. Kind of sucks it was so dang thick. I did notice one also had a pinkish orange color, which I will not use. I don’t remember which one that was.

1 Like

Just use that choc chip cookie in a milkshake :rofl:

2 Likes

Great idea! Or maybe coffee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found the real flavours jam on toast a jumbled mess personally. Knowing its a jam on toast you can kind of pick it all out there…badly. If you were tasting it blindly it would probably be more comparable to a barbecued tampon…not straight out of the packet.

2 Likes

I heard similar years ago, mainly with some of the fruit flavours. I have tried a fair few solub arome flavours as they are so cheap. I did find a few of the fruit flavours very iffy even to the point of giving me a headache, foudn that with there bon bons and a coupel of others too. TBH more than anything I would say I dont like most solub arome flavours just because they are really poor in my opinion.
Saying that, also a fair few decent to very good ones, I really like there raspberry (only fruit of theres I do like at all) others including breakfsat v1 and v2 (marmalade not as good as v1 but better than other marmalades i have tried), absinthe, speculoos biscuit are all decent. There doughnut (sometimes labelled as beignets I think) is my favourite doughnut flavour unless its a custard donut and then only capellas seems to work for me.

2 Likes

I can taste the profile. But there is compound that is meant to give a bread note that i am overly sensitive to the point I won’t buy any bakery from rf until Walt responds to my pm.

3 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches and @juice_junkie_lover Thanks out to both of you for the SA Breakfast. I had recently mixed up Wayne’s version of the Jam Monster (jam and toast kinda ?) with the RF SC as the main component, and although it was OK, didn’t light my fire. Placed my FIRST Solub Arome order after reading this thread, and GLAD I did. Single flavor testing the Breakfast now, and WOW, dare I say NIGHT and DAY difference from the RF SC Jam and Toast flavor. This one REALLY nails the toast like NOONE’S business !!!

I think @Beaufort_Batches said he was vaping that straight, with no other flavors, and I can NOW see why. WOW. Vaping toast ?? Who’d a thunk that ??

I think I may play around with it a bit just to see if I can punch the SB up a notch with the usual suspects, and probably toss in some FA Butter for good measure (who doesn’t love da butter).

Thanks again out to both of you as I’d never heard of Solub Arome before.

8 Likes

Yes @SessionDrummer I did vape the SA Breakfast stand alone at 5% and it was very tasty. I like it as you mixed with RF SC but I added .5% FLV Popcorn for the buttery note. Now that tied a bow in the recipe very nicely.

7 Likes

Another good one to get if you like the “toast” taste is Paine grilled I think diyvaporsupply calls it. I got mine from chefs and they just call it toast, it’s in clearance right now and is 5 euros for a 100ml. I like using breakfast with 1% toast.

These flavors are used in just jam not monster jam. I liked just jam a lot better than monster jam.

Glad you are liking it :grin:

4 Likes

Nice! The popcorn sounds like a great idea :wink:

2 Likes

Just got the breakfast and toast yesterday 100ml of each i hope there good lol off the sav very toasty lol well cooked toast not for the English man thats for sure playing with it and some blue berry what % have you guys been mixing it steeping ect definitely need to get the buttered popcorn what are your thoughts on this recipe and what would you do differently and wgat would you do for the jam aspect?

4 Likes

To me the breakfast has strawberry jam in it. I think your recipe looks good. You might need to raise the breakfast though. Or add 1% toast to it. Personally I would raise it to at least 5% and then consider still adding 1% toast to it. I use breakfast anywhere from 5-10%. If you have patience and let it steep a month the crispy toast really comes through.

As far as blueberry goes right this moment I like using 2-3% fw and adding a drop of sc blueberry or mf blueberry per 10ml. Your blueberry mix looks good though. If it’s working for you then go for it. The molasses rf gave me a nasty taste, kind of like flv crunch. It’s like a yeasty/mushroomy flavor but not everyone got that taste from flv crunch. I was one who did unfortunately.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure with the breakfast off the sav it was realy strong to me so i left it low can add more i gess some others i made tonight

4 Likes

Nice! Both look really good. The great part about DIY is we can figure out what works best for us. A lot of times I feel like I over flavor. I have had more than one mixer tell me that I was over flavoring the heck out of stuff. I have since tried to look at my percentages better but sometimes I do go a little overboard. I’m going to revisit breakfast and see what I come up with :wink:

3 Likes

:crazy_face: i am going to have to agree with them mate sorry. All of the recipes i posted above came out pretty shit the breakfast was an absolute bully and over powered everything imo i have wasted abit trying to use the toast and breakfast in a mix for jam on toast the best i have come up with is as follows.

Did any thing work out for you?
@SessionDrummer @Beaufort_Batches
@Will_G

2 Likes

This was the first one I made, kind of following diyordie formula, just with concentrates that I prefer (rf sc jam on toast for example I cant stand). I find the toast and butter element is there. Have remixed it a couple of times trying other strawberries, but this is the one I have enjoyed most. TBH dont really get a jam feeling from it though, but havent really got a jam feeling from other concentrates, like inw shisha strawberry, jam it by vta I thought was utter tripe, just an off sweetness.
I personally dont find 6.5% too high with breakfast, I do with the plain toast but breakfast is much lighter, the breakfast 2 marmalade one I go lower as the marmalade is heavy (reasonable marmalade, not great, much better than the vta marmalade flavour tho to me)

3 Likes

Made this today for my brother in law. Haven’t tried the original JM, but from poking around here and thinking about what i have on hand, this came out tasty, so far. Just tried the snv. It’s got good flavor now, hoping it develops nicely in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes