[REQ] Meteor milk by Space Jam

What she said :slight_smile:

What he said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just started messing around with FLVā€™s vanilla bean, and from what I can make out of it so far (hasnā€™t steeped yet), is that it appears to be a true-to-form vanilla bean/extract. No cream, custard or bourbon qualities. I just started mixing with it a few days ago, so I could be way off base, haha.

I havenā€™t had time to look through all the comments yet, so Iā€™m sorry if itā€™s been mentioned already, but INW Shisha Vanilla is another good one to have. Itā€™s a bit more of a creamy vanilla but itā€™s usually my go to vanilla in a cream/custard juice.

I do use MFā€™s on occasion, but for me, I get a subtle pepper type note from it. Not as strong as I would with TFAā€™s custard/IC but it is still there after a steep. Some recipes I do, some I donā€™t

Itā€™s also available at Bullcity too, so you can keep that 1 cart/shop thing goin :wink:

2 Likes

I really had a tough time even tasting SB in mixes, even when using SB combinations. After several attempts at a SB Flavor Base/Stone I felt it was still missing something. Just on a whim from notes Iā€™d read, I added a touch of Coconut to heighten/enhance the SBs. It seems to add what was missing for me. IMO it lifts and expand the SB note.

I pulled this base from the above SB Ice Cream Sandwich recipe and use it for my SB note in mixes.

(Flavor Base) Strawberry New : Check cookies

2.57% Coconut (FA)
5.13% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)
5.13% Sour Wizard (FA)
20.50% Strawberry (MF)
41.04% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
25.63% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 100%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

5 Likes

Another strawberry that doesnā€™t seem to get any love, is TFAā€™s organic SB. This was one of the very first flavors I bought when I started out, and of course I didnā€™t know my arse from a hole in the ground, and I bought 8oz of it :smile:

I really like this one for a subtle SB. It reminds me of their ripe SB, just with a touch more ā€œbodyā€ to it. Does anyone use this one? I still have about 4oz of it left too :crazy_face:

I may try my hand at making this clone, if I had more info on it.

4 Likes

Think I will give that a try?
Thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like

Oh manā€¦
I feel a pull, deep in my bellyā€¦my cart is calling my nameā€¦:heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Glad to see you finally testing the waters. I just bought a couple of ounces of holy vanilla a week or 2 ago. If you want, pm me your address and iā€™ll send you a little 10ml sample. Dont wait on me to try your recipes though, im usually weeks behind when it comes to shipping, lol.

4 Likes

That sounds super fantastic! Yay!!

3 Likes

Finally ordered! Thanks for all the help! Thanks @netweight for the holy vanilla! Got it today!

2 Likes

Coollllā€¦enjoy!

2 Likes

Heres the first version as requested @Jazzy_girl
Can you make sure i have them labeled right? I am not familiar with them and there seems to be a lot of confusion haha

Edit. Changed some labels for flavors

2 Likes

Just a couple of flavours askew beautā€¦I always click the ā€˜recipeā€™ tab on the flavour list and go with the flavour that has been used the most in recipes. Donā€™t get @Sprkslfly started on the dupes :laughing:

Looks yummy! :yum::tada:

3 Likes

Usually if people enter flavors in your stash, they sort the results by amount of recipes itā€™s used in and take the one that is used in most recipes. Correct flavors are 99% of the cases in the format of ā€œFlavor name (brand name)ā€.

Once your flavor stash is correct, theyā€™ll pop up at the top of a suggestion list when youā€™re entering a new flavor for a recipe. That way itā€™s hard to select the wrong flavor in your recipes :wink:

So how is the clone recipe?

2 Likes

Looks great @Laura5!! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

Omg! Duh!! I didnt enter them in my stash!! Wow. Hahahah
Thanks guysā€¦i get new flavors and go all noob on your asses! :joy::kissing_heart:
*got them changed and edited!
@Lolly im trying so hard to let this steep! Omg

3 Likes

So, the holy vanilla was overpowering. It has been reduced to .5%
I think the shisha strawberry may need to be dropped as well. Maybe to 2.5 instead of 3%
Ill be making version 3 with the updated shisha soon
It is fairly sweet and almost there though

2 Likes
3 Likes

This has been a journey! A big thanks to everyone who is interested and has helped with this effort. Version 3 is slightly different from version 2. And version 4 will likely have a minuscule difference as well. Point and case: it is coming a long nicely!

3 Likes

I have heard a lot about how good your Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Original and the (Gmix) recipes are, and been planning to make them. But noticed it might be possible/easier to avoid using MF ingredients without loosing what makes the recipe fantastic. In the comments below the recipe I saw that @Ken_O_Where mentioned a remix that avoids MF. And I think you said you might be doing something similar.

I would like to know how did the remix go if either of you made it?
I want to replace the MF ingredients.

• Strawberry MF for Strawberry sc RF (or Strawberry FA?)
  • Vanilla MF for Holly Vanilla DIYFS

If you think that will work pretty well, what percentages do u suggest? if not, then Iā€™ll purchase the MF.

Here is what I was thinking: itā€™s probably closer to your Gmix than it is to the Original.

Coconut (FA) 0.17
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 2.00
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.50
Holly Vanilla (DIYFS) 2.00
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.36
Sour Wizard (FA) 0.36
Strawberry SC (RF) 1.43
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2.88
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 1.80
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2.00

I raised the Holly Vanilla from 1% MF

Thank you guys for always being of help. :grin:

1 Like

This is a very strong flavor! I tried it at 1% for the meteor milk and had to lower it because it muted my strawberries.

1 Like

I saw that u lowered the Holly Vanilla to 0.5%. But I remember that I read somewhere that it was half as potent as Vanilla MF. Or was it the other way around? Lol Iā€™m not sure.