[REQ] Pan's Bane by Alchemyst

Pan’s Bane has been my ADV for quite some time, but it is on the pricier side, and their quality has been inconsistent. The Alchemyst site description is “A toasty, creamy caramel, candied tobacco treat, with a splash of coconut milk”. I’ve tried quite a few attempts and have failed miserably. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve not had it, but it sounds like a perfect use for RY4 Double (TPA). Some TPA Toasted marshmallow or almond to get the toasty taste. Coconut milk I’d go with Cap Coconut + FA Vienna Cream or Liquid Barn Coconut Milk, but knowing its a vendor juice they’re probably sticking to one company. So maybe Coconut Candy TPA and something like vanilla swirl, bavarian cream, and/or dairy milk. And a healthy dose of sweetener (2-5%).

5 Likes

After quite a bit of testing, I’m not entirely sure that RY4 Double is the tobacco component. I really wanted it to be for the sake of being easy :frowning:. I’ve tried 5-6 different coconuts (including LB coconut milk), and I’m still unsure which one to move forward with. Haven’t tried TPA toasted marshmellow, but that may be a component somewhere in there. You got the sweetener level right for sure. It gunks up my coils real quick. One of the reasons I was looking to make a close clone of it was so that I could lower that sweetener level.

Well that’s a bummer. I love me some RY4 Double. :stuck_out_tongue: Have you tried FA 7Leaves Ultimate? It’s kind of a sweeter tobacco. It sounds like maybe a mash up between @Kinnikinnick’s Coconut Gold Reserve and maybe a Castle Long (try @EWS’s CLC v2). Without having tried it, I’m stabbing in the dark, but hopefully something there will jog some ideas. :wink:

I have not tried 7Leaves Ultimate yet. I’ll add that to my wishlist. It’s getting to the point where I’m willing to send samples of the liquid to people to try and crack haha. I appreciate all of your help so far in my never ending quest!

1 Like

I love pans bane i want to contact alchemyst and see if they will give me the recipe but i cant remeber the websites id sucks they went out of business

1 Like

I asked a friend who I knew worked on a clone of Pan’s Bane and he said he got a 95% complete clone using FW.

Bavarian Cream (FW) 2.00
Creamy Coconut (FW) 2.50
Hazelnut (FW) 1.00
Re(4)nu (FW) 3.00
Salted Caramel (FW) 2.50
Sweetener (Sucralose) (FW) 1.00
Toasted Marshmallow (FW) 3.00
Virginia Fire Cured (FW) 2.00

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, I managed to get the recipe from them when they shut down!

Caramel (Original) TPA 10.00%
Coconut Extra TPA 0.50%
Irish Cream TPA 4.00%
Red Type Blend TPA 3.00%
RY4 Double TPA 8.00%
Waffle TPA 4.00%
Western (Cowboy) TPA 3.00%

5 Likes

That’s awesome, a lot of companies won’t share their recipes even after they shutdown. I guess my friend was way off with his clone. Lmao!!:rofl: If only I could get Humble Vape Co. to come off their Lemon Cake recipe then I could retire from mixing.

1 Like

I mean, I’m going to mix it up anyway and give it a go! I love when clone stuff ends up being nowhere close, but recreates some of the essence. I’m excited to try it

1 Like