[REQ] Smoke crossroads Coconut Bay and Carolina Menthol

Hello all! :blush: I started DIY mixing to try to make these two flavors…

The most recent bottle of coconut bay I purchased definitely has a pronounced banana flavor. It is described as a fresh coconut dipped in strawberry. But, the strawberry is not very strong, it was always coconut dominant. I liked it better without banana, but it is still ok, just makes it even harder to compare flavors since I dont necessarily want the banana. But if I can figure it out with banana and go from there, it is a start. I don’t know if they changed the recipe, or if I got a newer bottle than those in the past and the Banana had faded out? Actually, I think it probably is the difference between using a beginner’s set up with the rechargeable battery base and small tank on top, compared to my newer Kanger kbox 200 and crown tank. It probably is pulling out flavor notes that I did not notice before! I literally just thought of this!

The Carolina Menthol is described as being close to an analog menthol. Also, It is described elswhere as Carolina Red infused with Carolina Ice. I have 15ml of carolina ice juice. I bought the menthol sample pack (no nicotine) with a 25% off coupon. I added my own nicotine. I would gladly sacrifice the bottle of Carolina Ice to turn it into Carolina Menthol if I knew the right tobacco.

My crown tank uses juice so fast! And at 9.99 for 15ml or 19.99 for 30ml, I can’t afford to keep these on hand. I emailed and begged for them to sell me the premixed flavor concentrates, but did not get a response.

I know these are not very popular flavors. I don’t know how a small company like this ended up being sold in my local vape shop in a very small town in NE Pennsylvania. But, I am so glad it did! The Carolina Menthol tasted so good that I was able to easily switch to vaping. If I hadn’t gotten the right juice that night, I might not have quit smoking!

I didn’t realize all that went into cloning a flavor when I set out to clone these. But I am so glad that I tried it, because I have found a new passion in mixing flavors! I have not come up with anything on my own yet, but in time, I can’t wait to be able to offer my own recipies to all of you as a thank you for all of the amazing recipies I have found here. :heart: I am proud to say that 90% of what I vape now is mixed by me! I love to cook and bake, and I haven’t been able to do so in several years due to several pain issues that have caused me to have to leave my amazing job as well. This is my new form of cooking! I love it! Instead of an oven, I use a dark cabinet for steeping. Instead of measuring spoons, I use syringes, bottles instead of bowls! Lol!

Any advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I’m not going to be of much help here, but your probably correct that point. Better set ups will definitely give you better flavor and help you pull out those little nuances.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I am still a pretty new vaper, and I upgraded since I last had this flavor. The flavordifference is unbelievable! I really appreciate your help! :blush:

2 Likes

Finding the correct synth tobacco to clone your fav tobacco juice is truly a “rabbit hole”, in which you could spend vast amounts of time, energy, and cash. But, if you’re into it (tobacco)… it can be a huge amount of fun and an enlightening, brain wrinkling experience. :man_student:

All it takes is… research time, searching/reading vast forum threads on synth tobaccos, buying loads of tobacco concentrates, and taste testing.

Since Fall of '14, I travelled that road; loads of fun for me. There were many disappointments and happy moments along the way, but, in the end, that road brought me to the crossroad of synthetic tobaccos v.s. naturally extracted tobacco (NET). I chose the latter and have never looked back. :sunglasses:

Good luck and have a blast on your journey! Don’t get too discouraged when you strike out on certain concentrates… just keep plugging away… experimentation is the key to finding your way! :wink:

9 Likes

You’re the Dr. Seuss of e-juice! :wink:

6 Likes

As a new DIYer I was also looking to clone the commercial e-liquids that I liked but I’ve quickly given up on it.
Firstly, because those commercial juices don’t always taste the same if you take a different tank or dripper or even if you try a different coil, when you wash out your atty or if you’ve just swapped from a different juice… the 15th time with the same cotton.

Just know the flavor profile you’re looking for, e.g. coconut and strawberry and work with that. There are 10’s of 1000’s of public recipes on ELR and I’m sure some of them you’ll like a lot, come close enough to what you’re used to are even exceed your expectations.

Dig in to the flavor notes and do a little research on the flavors you’ll need to recreate your recipe. Many manufacturers make coconut and strawberry and there are huge differences between those flavors. Go through other people’s recipes to see how the flavors are used and what people say about the juice. It shouldn’t take long before you get this recipe exactly the way you like it, without the banana notes and fine-tuned to your current setup.
That is the advantage of DIY as well. If you change setup and the flavor changes with it, you can make adjustments to your recipe so you get back to that flavor you are used to and love.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! I have done that with coconut flavors, I got a ton of different ones and I am trying to narrow down which one is closest. But it is fun! And, I am just happy that this idea of trying to clone recipies, which wasn’t what I thought, brought me into a whole new world of flavors that I would have never tried if buying commercially made products for fear of not liking it. I haven’t put as much energy into the cloning as I have with making recipies that I found on here that are completely different flavor profiles than I have ever tried! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you for your amazing advice! You’re right, it doesn’t have to be the same, I just have to like it as much. I have actually found many new recipes that I like better than these flavors, that I would have never expected to even like! I am enjoying the mixing and new flavors so much, that I have been focusing more on new things. Like you, I stopped trying to clone pretty fast and started making recipies I found on here. I just thought I’d post it anyway, and see if anyone had tried these flavors and what they thought. Thanks again! :blush:

3 Likes

2 words… Inawera Cocopilada :kissing_heart::dash::dash::dash:

3 Likes

I don’t have that one!! It is going on my shopping list! Thank you so much!! :blush:

2 Likes

I DID IT!!! I FIGURED OUT COCONUT BAY! :smile: I have 10ml bottles of most of my flavors premixed at the recommended single flavor percentages so I can play around with flavors and learn their tastes. I had put together a recipe to try, I put it in my cleaned tank, and vaped a little. I used two drops of mixed up flavor with pg/vg per each percentage. So if it’s 3%, I used 6 drops. I added and adjusted the flavors as I vaped, and then I just got it. I vaped actual coconut bay after. Once the overlap of flavors passed, I thought that my mix tastes just like it. I know that the flavors I was using were diluted in different percentages. So, I have to see how my percentages work out mixing it all together then diluting them. But, now, I at least know all of the flavors that I need to mix. It is now posted for anyone else to try as my first public recipe. (Maybe I should actually wait until I mix it as a flavor and see how my percentages work)! I will warn you that it is very sweet. I have always enjoyed it mixed with the Carolina Menthol, this combo was my first ADV. I still need to figure out the carolina menthol. I am not planning on making them together as one recipe, even though I put them both in my tank at once. I know it’s weird, but I like the taste of them kind of being seperate flavors in my tank. I like the taste of them freshly combined. I dont want the 2 flavors to sit and completely mingle together, if that makes any sense! Lol! So, I made the flavor in an unconventional way, but, there should be a math eqation I can use to figure out how much of each flavor I actually used. For example, if I used 5% of a flavor that I had premixed at 3%, I should be able to figure out how much that actually is if I just think about it enough and do some different math equations to come up with the numbers I need. Thank you all so much for your help and inspiration!!

4 Likes

Congrats! :grinning: You’re one of the lucky and talented ones!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! That is so kind of you! Let’s see if I can work out the math correctly! :joy:

3 Likes

So been thinking of your Carolina Menthol. Try this:
4% Purilum Sweet Tobacco
4% Purilum Tobacco Original
.5-1% Flavor West Menthol

For added cooling effects .5% TFA Koolada.

If not there we can always try something else.

3 Likes

Amazing! Thank you so much!! I will order these flavors right away! You rock! :facepunch: Thank you again!

1 Like

I just mixed a bottle of coconut bay clone with premixed flavors like I did last night. And I made a bottle using the percentages with concentrates. I know it wont match exactly, but it will help me to figure it out more. I tried figuring it out mathematically, I tried measuring how much x amount of drops added up to, but couldn’t get there. I couldn’t have gotten this far without all of the things that I have learned here, like using sweet strawberry and ripe stawberry. And doing the same with other flavors, like the coconut. Also, using the cotton candy as a sweetener. All things I learned from making your recipies!! Thank you! :blush: I have the flavors, just need the percentages!

2 Likes

These will become your 2 best buddies! :wink:

4 Likes

They are quickly becoming that!

1 Like

Congratulations on figuring out Coconut Bay! I believe we spoke about a month in email about these recipes, or am I wrong?

1 Like

buy them in bulk lol

2 Likes